So I subleased a room in a house of which the landlord is one of the roommates. When I signed the lease, he mentioned he only wanted to do a 6 month lease at the time because he was thinking of selling the house. Ok fine.

Then, with 2 months left on the lease, he has had a realtor over doing an assessment, called over a cleaning crew, all with 0 notice to me. I'd go to work/ski, come back with a realtor parked in my spot in the driveway or a cleaning crew going through the house (including my room). And I'm embarassed because I leave work in a rush so my room is far from tidy.

Now, the realtor still comes for showings. I just had a brief meeting with the roommates (felt like an intervention with them all sitting around at a table in the kitchen waiting for me to come down) telling me that the house now has open house M-F from 2-5PM so I can not be home those hours, and the realtor may also give an hour notice of showings during other times.

I asked him what I'm supposed to do then, he says do some shopping, grab a beer..uh...?? Great, spend money because I can't be at home..

So I'm beyond pissed. I haven't talked about rent yet, but what do I say? Rent is due in a couple days and at this point I'm thinking that I either should be getting at least half off rent, or able to terminate my lease immediately and my damage deposit can be prorated for the days it takes until I leave. I'm not about to write another full rent check with this going on.

Heres what's in the lease: "11. RIGHT OF ACCESS: Management shall have the right of access to house, without notice, for inspection and maintenance during reasonable hours. In case of emergency, Management may enter at any time to protect life and prevent damage to property. During the last sixty (60) days of residence occupancy in said premises, Management shall have the right to place yard signs, and shall have right of entry to premises for the purpose of showing prospective tenants said property."

So reading that, yea showings is expected. But can I be told that I'm not to be home? And I'd rather not be home, but no way I'm paying the full rent amount.