Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
You can't be serious with the b) part of your post. I mean really? Worrying about showing off and looking cool to others. This is the exact kind of mentality that gets you more tickets. Trying to be awesome and show off is what squids do plain and simple.

Hands down this is one of the main pros for me to stop riding the street are all the squidies running around trying to loom impressive. Yeah most people grow out of that mentality at age 12. Least I did for that matter.
You're wrong when you say most people grow out of that phase when they're 12. You're also wrong if you think people don't buy ducatis and the most extravegant R1 they can find because they want to look cool. I personally didn't buy a bike to look cool. It's fun as hell to ride, but the fact that people/girls think they're super sexy is true. Hell I was at a car/bike meet and had a girl in a stupid short dress ask for a ride. I said no for obvious reasons.

Yes, I'm not going to lie, sometimes I'll cruise downtown fort collins and rev my bike to look cool. Do I know it's dumb, yes. Some people hate it and some people love it. Am I really affecting anyone? No, besides maybe how people think about sportsbikes. I know it's also irrogant of me to say this but do I want to stop? No, because it's really fun to do so and I like the attention. Now read again, I don't ride just to look cool, it just happens to be an attribute because people like sportsbikes.

Call me a squid if you like, I always wear gear, never wheelie, pay attention to everything possible and NORMALLY dont rev/speed fast. I'm also 21 and trying to see what life is about here now that I'm at a University.

I'm entirely open to what you have to say, so feel free to speak your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
That was one ticket too. A 40 over from CSP. But believe it or not most people here have paid about the same over their years of riding. Between the fines, lawyer fees, point deductions, and insurance premiums going up the cost of "tearing up the canyons" is high.

I still street ride, thankfully I'm in a position where I can afford to. But if I could only afford one or the other, give me a cheap shit 10 year old 600 and a track day and I'll be a happy man. But I ride slow and safe. I follow the speed limit, and keep a sharp eye out for dangers. On the track I go into corners sideways, leave black stripes on corner exits, and hang the front wheel on the straights.

I like riding the sreeet, for the reasons you mentioned and more. But I've learned more in 6 lapping days on the track than I have in 16 years of riding on the street/dirt. And learning at the track makes me a better street rider, because I have a better understanding of how far I can push my machine.
Holy $hit, I didn't know that it could get THAT expensive for one ticket.

I hear all of you guys about the track, I would love to go, but right now I'm just not able in my situation, I love my bike too much to sell it and go for the cheap track bike and use that extra money to go to track days. Is it in my future? I really hope so! I'd really like to learn what you have Aaron, in your 6 lapping days compared to 16 years of riding.

I'm not trying to be a dick here. Just explaining my situation and trying to learn from others (as hard as it may be to "get through my head")