I had somewhat of a bad experince with Fay Myers. The day I went in to look around at bikes was nice they helped me right away, although when I asked on the phone if they had a Silver/Black gixxer they told me all they had was the blue/white one. Once I got in Jeremy had told me they did have a Black/Silver GSXR that was used. Started filling out paperwork with jeremy, I notifed him I had my financing done and was gonna be in tomorrow to finish it up. He had me do a basic sheet with the bike info and my info. Next day before I came in I notified Joe Jarvie that I would be in, check in hand and ready to go. Once I got in, they had the bike up front ready to go, problem was no one helped me for ten minutes. Joe was doing a sale, and finally someone came up and asked if they could help me. I told them I wanted to finish buying the bike, I believe it was Zach.. Zach went in the back and got the paperwork prepped which took another 10 or 15 minutes before I finally got to sit down and start signing stuff. After I bought the bike they explained some of the features and things and said they would get me an owners manual. Once they had it outside and I got home I discovered there was no manual in the bike, only the tool set.

I didn't like the fact that I had to stand around and wait for that half an hour on paperwork and for someone to just notice us, when before hand I called in and told them I was on my way. The paperwork should've been prepped and ready to go, the owners manual was just a minor thing but when they tell me their gonna get me something they should do it that day..

All in all not too bad of an experince but it could've gone smoother, I still have to call down there an figure out what's going on with the owner's manual.