Thread: Another $hitty Day In Colorado

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Cool Another $hitty Day In Colorado

"Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Re: Another $hitty Day In Colorado

N_N what year is your ZZR?

I'm movin to Kansas!
    See, look, I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys. They don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know their gay... they fuck my shit right up

Quote Originally Posted by pilot
    N_N what year is your ZZR?
    '02
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

Map of the route:

Wow, we are doing the exact same ride in the morning .....wish I would have joined CSC a day sooner ......

Great Pictures!

How long did it take you?
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

We actually did the route in reverse of the numbers on the map. Started at the Bear Lake entrance of RMNP at 10:30 AM. Finished back in Boulder at 6:00 PM. Took an hour in Walcott and 45 minutes in Kremling.

Have been looking for a few guys to ride with this summer, it's great to see people actually riding somewhere not just downtown. Guess I've just been around to long ........ I remember back when people actually rode these bikes and stuntin' was for trials bikes!

We are going in the other direction to make sure we get over RMNP earier in the day.
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

We went through RMNP first and Tennessee Pass / Fremont Pass Last (north to south).

Ahhhh my bad ..... that's the same route we will be taking ....don't know what I was thinking. I do have a feeling it might be a bit on the cold side but ...what the hell ...... it's not going to be open for much longer.

I'm amazed that there was so little snow ..... I figured there would be 3 feet ... can't wait until the morning!

There is more snow up there than the picture reflects. There is a six foot drift that the rotary plowed through around the Alpine Visitor Center (west side). The road is dry. They dumped some sand in the first hairpin past the Alpine Visitor Center (west side).

CO 134 (Gore Pass) is new pavement (from US 40 to CO 131) ------ you can haul a$$ on that section of road.

Hahaha, can't wait but I'll leave the haulin' arse for when I take the Aprilia/R solo instead of the SV1000S two up with my wife! LOL

I'll show her the pics in the morning minus the section of road I will be looking for ..... to pick up the pace on ....

I would have went today but ....... late to join ..... I'm not much for forums but this one seems to be pretty good.

I'm surprised with all these guy's online you couldn't get more people to go?

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead
    <snip>I'm surprised with all these guy's online you couldn't get more people to go?
    We were selfish ------- we didn't invite anybody. I have to admit --- CYCLE_MONKEY rode Trail Ridge yesterday, left a VM on my cell phone, I called my buddy and we went this morning.

BTW --- I got to pilot the ZX-14. Instant speed at the twist of the wrist. I can't wait till they convert it to a sport-tourer.

Last Kaw I had was a ZX9R in 2001 ..... made 130+ on the dyno not bad for a stock bike, I'm sure the 14 is a rocket!

I'm more of a twin's guy myself .... can't argue with that sound!

But the Aprilia is not very comfortable so I bought an SV1000S .... not quite the same weight or punch ......but I can actually ride it for more then 200 miles!

Well ......maybe another time!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja
    BTW --- I got to pilot the ZX-14. Instant speed at the twist of the wrist. I can't wait till they convert it to a sport-tourer.
    Isn't it already? Glad you had a fun and safe ride! When I saw "$hitty" with the dollar sign, I thought you got a big ticket!

!HA! I'll bet you're super-familiar with the gas station on Colfax across from Araria. Welcome to the "real" riding.
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead
    Have been looking for a few guys to ride with this summer, it's great to see people actually riding somewhere not just downtown. Guess I've just been around to long ........ I remember back when people actually rode these bikes and stuntin' was for trials bikes!

We are going in the other direction to make sure we get over RMNP earier in the day.

Ahhhhh, a parts bike for me, (snicker). There aren't too many of those around.
    '02

Crap man, (mmmm, that sounds like the name of a new super hero). What I meant to say was: Crap, man I've been trying all year to do and up-and-over on Trail Ridge. Now, it seems like it's the thing to do. Dang, that looked like a good ride.
    We were selfish ------- we didn't invite anybody. I have to admit --- CYCLE_MONKEY rode Trail Ridge yesterday, left a VM on my cell phone, I called my buddy and we went this morning.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Yeah dude, nice ride! Nice pics. Did you go Saturday? I did a similar, more Northern solo loop Friday from Lvlnd up thru Trailridge (weather was AWESOME, cool, but not cold at the summit) to Grand lake, West across 40 all the way to Kremmling, North on 40 to 14 to Walden, then down the Poudre and back home. Started around 2, got home around 8:30. About 300mi. My grandparents visited us here in the late '70's, and thought it was beautiful, so I dedicated my ride to them, as they're finally together again. RIP.

I'll start a thread with the pics when I get to work and can post them.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by pilot
    Crap man, (mmmm, that sounds like the name of a new super hero). What I meant to say was: Crap, man I've been trying all year to do and up-and-over on Trail Ridge. Now, it seems like it's the thing to do. Dang, that looked like a good ride.
    Hey Pilot. Well, like I said, you guys are welcome to come up here and stay, say on a Friday night, then we could do a big loop like that Sat, stay at my place Sat, then maybe a short ride Sun, then you guys could ride home after. Trailride beckons......
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Wow, reminds me of a ride I took with some of the Southern CSC'ers in August...before my lil accident. Total of about 350 miles on my stock seat (too rought on Cycle_Monkey's butt)...meh, I've got lotsa extra cushion. But, yeah, hwy40, Kremmling, Grandby...almost the same route accept for the south side of I-70 where I came from Breckenridge through Silverthorne.

You got some awesome pics. Yuppers, heck of a day.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Nice route...
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath