Thread: 996 vs SB8R

You must be fast, 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you.

Wade
    '01 TL1000S

Another version for TL is "sounds like Thunder - fast like Lightning"
    Imagine it was said by a Hardley rider!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nissn1 View Post
    theres no soul in R1's only r-soles

Re: 996 vs SB8R

good vid, lucky guy too
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6

Now this is canyon riding like it's supposed to be. That was some of the best canyon riding I've seen in awhile. Right up until he crashed out. I'll admit they were pushing it a bit in some areas.

I'll have to be honest though, that there is nothing like being able to ride the canyons at speed. Having come from the canyons and gone to the track, I still say that canyon riding holds a special place for me. I don't think I'll ever race but I'll do as many track days as possible. Yet there is something about the mountain canyons that inspire a whole different sensation then even riding at the track.

There is a mystique about mountain riding. For sure the track is way more fun for just pure speed and being safe while doing it. Though I'll have to rank some of my canyon experiences just like this one right up there with the sheer adrenaline rush of track riding. Something about dragging your knee through the canyons just puts a smile on your face that lasts for days.

Unfortunately the ending part of this video is a scene myself and many others have seen happen. Which always reminds you to keep it in check. You can still have fun and be safe in the canyons as well.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Holy Crap!

That was exhilirating, for sure! But to push it that hard... that close to the limit on the street is stupid. Plain and simple.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

I think I'll watch it again..
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman

That was exhilirating, for sure! But to push it that hard... that close to the limit on the street is stupid. Plain and simple.
    my thoughts exactly
    Adam

2002 GSX-R600 Telefonica: Sold to fix car

2002 Suzuki Hayabusa

Fast bikes: Dream twins. Good video, go buy it.
    See, look, I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys. They don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know their gay... they fuck my shit right up

he was lucky... just another foot or two to the right and he would've been at the bottom of the mountain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    ...i mean, sure maybe 4 inches isn't much to them, but it sure as hell is alot to me!

Leroy Brown

Perfect ending to idiotic antics.

I'd never ride with either one of them.
    SPEED SAFELY!!