Thread: PMI this Sunday...(Feb 18th)

PMI this Sunday...(Feb 18th)

Who's in for some track time?

EX-MRA #719

- 502 - RIP Gene, you will always be an inspiration.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstien

Re: PMI this Sunday...(Feb 18th)

I havnt crashed since October, so im due!
    Firefighters find them hot, leave them wet

No no...with that jacked up knee of yours, you need to stay on two wheels. Don't go being a hero 1st day of the year!

EX-MRA #719

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstien

They aren't requiring a race license yet, right? Is it still fifty for the day or is it their new rate of seventy-five?

The rate is the same as last year:

$50.00 for a half day
    $75.00 for a full day

Ene

Hmmm, i suppose Ashli gets a $50 full day price though.....

AWSOME snack bar Ene!!!

Easily distracted by shiny objects and bouncy things jplracing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparker
    I havnt crashed since October, so im due!

Didn't you crash in January leaving my house

www.rebellionmotorsports.com

Grant_me_revs personal snake catcher!!

U dont need a race license yet... but U wont need one anyway... U just need a saftey class man..... But thats not in effect quite yet...
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

Quote Originally Posted by jplracing
    Hmm, valid point

Does anyone know if Rybo is headed down?

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

No sorry.. my crystal ball is out for repair... ... LOL
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Sully
    No sorry.. my crystal ball is out for repair... ... LOL
    Cant you just wiggle your nose and make things happen
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

i should be heading down, just to kinda goof around track temp is gonna still be too cold to really do too much, but should be fun!
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

Yeah, it will definitely be too cold still to push it. Should be nice to get out and just ride the track though.

Quote Originally Posted by jplracing

EX-MRA #719

Hi Everyone,

Due to some confusion or mind altering substances ???? Some tripping statements were made to me yesterday, I must clarify an apparent rumor.

Yes, we are under construction--- in the Restroom area ( We have Port a Pots and ahhh mother nature) . No the paving company has not expanded #4 pit lane yet (got to find a way to keep ice off their bums before they can start) Yes we have 2 pot holes (both on the hot pit lane, which will be coned for everyone entering the track legally to see), No, the new concrete pad does not replace the entire area around turn 10 (the 20x20 which was poured cost $8,000 and to do the entire turn 10 would cost over $60,000- no can do), NO, the hair pin (turn 7) has not separated and left the grand canyon gap for all of you to fall into.

It's been a hard winter, we (the General Manager and myself) have been working to get the track ready. AS A MATTER OF FACT-- ready yourself for this earth breaking attack on the corporate world.... The GM on the sweeper and I on the Bobcat had just settled down for a long winters naps, Opps there's those substances again, We are the one's doing the work, so bear with us if things are not perfect. We are busting our rears because if we have to pay someone that's another expense which drives up the rental rates (Do ya feel sorry for us yet ????-LOL)

All said, we are working all day today to make sure that at 8:00am tomorrow, we can sit back take a long pull from our oxygen machines as we rub Bengay on each other and down shots of Geritol and sign you in.

Have a psychedelic day of not listening to rumors and if you have any questions just call me at 719-240-4132 and I can help you out. Please leave a message if you call today since the noise of the Bobcat shorts out my hearing aid (he-he).

Your all the best !

Ene

Thanks Ene! I was wondering how the track would look tomorrow. I hope you guys didn't get too much snow last night, I see more than I thought here in the Springs.

EX-MRA #719

KICK-ASS time today for sure. Glad to see a good turn out and that the weather was better than expected. Good to see you Northies once and a while too....

EX-MRA #719

Alright so a little info on the track for all those that are wondering.

Plain and simple its in great condition, I was expecting all kinds of problems after the winter we have had, but it was great.

Earlene and Jay did an awesome!!!!! job cleaning the track, it was really clean!!! Turn 8 (the crossover) where you usually see all kinds of crap was nearly 100% clean. The only spots there was dust was Turn 10 (pretty damn slick today, i think everyone was sideways at one point through that turn today) and turn 4 from the updates (as seen below). I can not thank them enough for the hard work they put into the track for us today. THANK YOU

Things that have changed. The Turn 10 pavement update sorta effects us, not so much in the turn itself though. You all know the metal plate covering the hole for the christmas tree, cut out a 15 foot section towards the BACK of the straightaway from that plate and fully across the track, and repour it with cement (where cars would start i guess for the drag racing). Thats what is fixed. It definately removed some of the bumps coming out of the turn, but it is not that much of a change for the 'turn' itself. It wasnt really an easy day to try and get on the gas there though... it was VERY VERY VERY slick (not because of the new pavement) just the bit of dust on that part of the track.

Funny thing is... even with all the snow the place is still dusty! and its not muddy at all... which is wierd.

Turn 1-3 seemed to be exactly the same, although the brake markers seemed to have been repainted and are super easy to see. Funny thing was the bumps didnt even seem all that bad today... so they didnt get worse.

Turn 4 has some cool new changes! They added curbing on the inside of the track, VERY well placed. There was a bit of dirt/mess etc from them building the curbing, but it was more of a mental thing then a slip thing, again they did an awesome job cleaning the track, so it wasnt even slippery.

Turn 5 nothing seems different

Turn 6a, 6b (blind rights at the top of the hill) on the outside of the turn they added a rumble strip... not sure how i feel about that yet... didnt stop to look but it definately makes seeing the edge of the track easier.

Turn 7, Earlene said there was a small crack... i went through that turn looking for it and didnt see it. It was a little slick today just the coldness and a bit of what seemed like a small oil drip from a car or something that came through at one point might have been causing that.

Turn 8 (crossover), on the exit they added a bit of runoff/rumblestrip on the outside, just adds a spot so we dont drop a wheel off if you ran a little wide... looks great (cant remember if that was new or not)

Turn 9, no noticable changes.

Really all and all the track is in great shape (hot pit needs a little help, but thats it) I am impressed at how prepared that track was for this type of weather.

Was a great day! My trailer w/ the sun baking on it was 82 degrees inside, was a great day!

jason
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

I had a blast out there as well! It was my first time out on the track at PMP. Thanks to all of you for putting up with a n00b!

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F

hey guys, new member live in canon city. havent gotten to ride at a track before and am looking forward to giving it a go. laid my bike over on the 11th so it may be a bit before i get it up and going but ill keep an eye out for you guys' next outing, and one quick question, do i need a steering damper for pmi or is that just for ama stuff?

for racing, yes you need a steering damper

for track days, no you do not need one, but it is recommended.

Keep in mind after april 1st you need proof of a track school, or need to take the PMI safety class.

jason
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

I had a good time too

Quote Originally Posted by jimwallace
    do i need a steering damper for pmi or is that just for ama stuff?
    No, you don't need a steering damper just to ride at PMI. Come April 1st, you will need to be either a licensed MRA racer (or qualify for an MRA license per the MRA rules), or take the safety course that PMI is offering... more info here: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=10656

Edit: Dang, I got sidetracked & ya beat me to it, Jason!
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.