City Time Mileage Time spent
Denver, CO 0520 5577
Pueblo, CO 0720 5690 20 Pump gave no receipt (to me)
Springer, NM 0914 5849 5
Santa Fe, NM 1103 5987 25 Tightened my chain
Socorro, NM 1320 6130 20 Bad time on receipt
Santa Fe, NM 1515 6267 20 Bad time on receipt
Trinidad, CO 1808 6474 55
Lone Tree, CO 2151 6670
(Everywhere else I paste this stuff it looks fine but the board is eating my spaces)

-Handlebar mounted bicycle water bottle froze solid before Pueblo. It thawed somewhere around Santa Fe. I regained feeling in my feet near Albuquerque. Trying to jog around a gas station when you can't feel your feet must look pretty funny- it feels funny.
-Developed a wobble at all speeds before getting to Socorro. Read 31 PSI in my warm rear tire. Filled to 39.
-Crossed over a dimly lit Raton pass with little gas to spare in an effort to get over before total darkness. Very slow leg since I was a bit worried about my rear tire. It was much warmer in Colorado at night.
-The last 100 miles were plagued with bad traffic and loads of LEOs. We made it through in good time anyway- those were the easiest miles. Our pace in the dark parts was pretty slow but Jeff's driving lights were so bright we could see every pebble at 50 yards. Some cars were passing and when he shut is lights off as they went by they slammed on their brakes due to the lost visibility- pretty funny.
-Rear tire VERY wobbly/unbalanced at low speeds after the ride chain skips and bike dies occasionally at low speeds on the ride home. Need new rear tire, possibly new chain.

Ultimately, I wasn't prepared to maintain my bike over 1000 miles. Didn't bring chain lube or check my tire pressure before I left. I should have also tightened my chain up a bit before we left, but I didn't know how to do it. Now I do- Thanks Jeff! I'm left with a fairly busted ride.
The average speed on the way there was between 85 and 90. The way back was slower, starting at 85+ and slowing as the wobble progressed. At night we kept the speeds at or under the speed limit, which improved gas mileage significantly and allowed us to really sweep the road for critters.
Avg speed for the whole trip was 66MPH (per my ODO). Avg rolling speed (per my ODO) was 75.