Thread: Noise Ordinance in Denver Passed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

Re: Noise Ordinance in Denver Passed

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    ghetto ass $300 cars with $4k in stereo equipment in them, and that soon to be dead neighbors dog that constantly barks at 1 in the "for the love of all that is packing heat make it fucking stop!" morning!!!
    we saw one of these broke down cars yesterday bumpin his ride, looked like one more bass hit and it was going to fall apart!

as far as the barking dog i'm with you all the way! Last week i hardly got any sleep because someone's stupid freakin dog kept barking non stop. sounded like it was from a house across quincy, but i'll be damned if i'm going to jump in my car at 1am and cruise the hood of Aurora looking for some stupid dog!

And what i dont understand is that if this dog and wake up and keep me up and i'm across quincy, how the hell is it that the owners or neighbors are not bothered by it. if it was one of our neighbors dogs, i'd be over there at 1am pounding on their door! if you're going to be out that night, put the dog inside!

i haven't gotten night of decent sleep in about 2 weeks, i'm ready to go Son of Sam on everyone!

back to the noise ordinance, since it doesn't apply to every type of noise, does it atleast apply to the harley bikes as well as sport bikes? i dont know anything about those bikes, but i'm assuming that the noise their bikes puts out isn't from an aftermarket pipe. so what do they do?
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Re: Noise Ordinance in Denver Passed

1. The noise ordinance applies to everyone. Check the noise laws. 50/55db in neighborhoods for regular noises (leaf blowers, lawn mowers). 82db for vehicles under 10,000 lbs at 25', etc.

2. The new exhaust ordinance applies only to motorcycles. If you don't have the etched in EPA statement (valid for 80db, etc...), then you can get a $500/999 ticket whether or not you're moving.

Yesterday at the tech day, had we been in Denver and had that police car that drove by stopped, he could have simply walked up the line of bikes and any bike where he couldn't find that EPA statement on the exhaust, he could have written up a $500 ticket.

Again, the problem is that the police officers have to be trained and have to be supplied with legal decible measuring devices. Yea, you can go down to Radio Shack and pick up a cheap one for $20 but for one that has to stand up in court it has to be more expensive ($1000 I think I read). The officers also have to be precise in their measurements so likely have to be trained in how to properly use the device so any ticket will stand up in court.

So police officers can certainly be called out on nuicance problems; barking dogs for instance. But the folks with the $300 car and $4k stereo aren't likely to be pulled over, same with aftermarket piped bikes. Mainly because by the time the cops arrive, they're long gone. If the cop was sitting at a light, patrolling and not between incidents, he might pull someone over if they had loud pipes. Assuming the biker doesn't take off of course and then everyone's up in arms "you chased a biker because he had loud pipes!? Are you crazy?"

Which do you think would be an easier to prosecute ticket? No EPA sticker on your exhaust, or a decibal ticket where you have to deal with certification and testing of officers and expensive devices?

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!