Thread: Ride Friday, August 3?

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Ride Friday, August 3?

I'm feeling adventurous...soooo, who wants to meet up at the MoCo on Friday morning at 8:30 for a nice long ride?

Post 'em up, or PM either way...

...as one wise man once said, "Who wants to ride motorcycles?"

...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Re: Ride Friday, August 3?

Cathy I'd love to go for a long ride but have to work at 3:30. Maybe a route that drops me off up in the mountains?

How long? My brother gets to his hotel somewhen around 12:30 and then we're going to lunch. He's a big boy, I know he'll be hungry.
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

post up time and where abouts, as well as if it's a slow/moderate pace ride. Alan has the bike today but i'm not sure if he's taking it tomorrow.
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

This ride will not be a slow pace and will more than likely require one fuel stop somewhere in between. We're gonna meet at 8:30 and leave um maybe 8:45 or so. The route will be finalized at MoCo. But, it will include places north, which is why I said long and those places will be into the mountains, not along the foothills. I'll be able to just hop on home from where we'll end up, but those who live south will have a ways to go south before getting home.

Hope that helps answer questions.

Warren...I think we would be able to get you back to where you need to be on time.

Jason...um...we won't be in the city at 12:30, sorry

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

dernt! lol, next time then
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Yes ma'am. I'm gonna do that girlie ride soon, even if it kills me...oh, wait...never mind.

Oh, but Suki, if I take ya into da mountains, you might wanna get some extra padding on your (bike) seat. The ride I'm thinking about will require extra softness.

lol, okay then i'll look into those butt pads so i have a ghetto booty!
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Sounds like fun! I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    Yes ma'am. I'm gonna do that girlie ride soon, even if it kills me...oh, wait...never mind.

Oh, but Suki, if I take ya into da mountains, you might wanna get some extra padding on your (bike) seat. The ride I'm thinking about will require extra softness.
    sometimes it's not about the padding in the seat, it's about the pre-load setting on the shock. I was checking an R1 last night and the setting was at factory---way too stiff. No wonder the rider was saying it hurt to ride the bike more than an hour. Mind you, it doesn't need to be plush, but perhaps closer to it for a daily rider in the city. (not trying to threadjacky)
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Jason...um...we won't be in the city at 12:30, sorry
    Alas, then, I think I won't make it -- although a morning ride does sound good.
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.

I look forward to seeing everyone in the morning.

Thanks guys for joining me on my adventure today. Warren, you missed out on the picture-taking fun times up on Trail Ridge. I think it probably would have been bad for you if you had stayed with us, cuz we didn't make it down to Grand Lake until around 3:15 or so.

Anyway, so here's some pics.

Someone had said something about my extreme lean angle? I have no idea what you guys are talking about...

I was this close to killing Pilot, but couldn't stop laughing my ass off...

Cute pic...

Two men and a motorcycle...

Three friends...

Just for you, Patrick...

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Awww....Pumpkin. You guys look great. Thanks for the happiness on the interweb.

Ya know I luf ya honey....
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Smoochie, smoochie, sweetie.

luf ya too

Thanks, Cathy. You're the best!!! I had a great time today. Pilot and I had a great time in the rain though.

You guys finally got rain? Ha! I finally got a ticket...in RMNP no less and the guy who let me pass him even stopped to try and convince the cop that it was his fault...sheesh! Just can't win can ya?

But, I'm not letting it take away from the ride and scenery.

Oh no, what was the ticket for? Unsafe passing? Is it a federal ticket?

The ticket stub says "United States District Court". The cop accused me of speeding, dangerous driving and passing on a yellow. I argued that I was not speeding cuz the SUV was going well under the limit. I was keeping my distance from him as well and when he waved me past, he was just being courteous. I passed before the oncoming traffic was noticeable, but since the cop was in the lead he saw the last part of the pass and I guess he thought I was speeding cuz of the higher revs or something. I was probably doing the speed limit at that point.

The SUV followed the cop cuz he had his siren blaring as well. He pulled over quickly and tried to tell the cop that he told me to pass, but like I said the cop wasn't buying it. Gah!

Oh, the cop finally wrote the ticket for passing on a double yellow...he went on and on about what he could have written it for and then took off saying have a nice day, drive safe...grrrrr. I'll just end up sending in the fine. It goes to the "Central Violations Bureau".

You guys finally got rain? Ha! I finally got a ticket...in RMNP no less and the guy who let me pass him even stopped to try and convince the cop that it was his fault...sheesh! Just can't win can ya?

But, I'm not letting it take away from the ride and scenery.
    OMG and we were just talking about not speeding through RMNP at the gas station at Shadow Mtn. Res. What are the odds!?!

Yah, P and P got rained on. Patrick was in his usual hurry *He's got a wifey, you know (Hi UnSuk!). I stopped to put on rain gear at El Rancho and Patrick had to race home. Quite a soaker there for a while.

Warren, what time did you make it to work? I waz thinking about stopping by your coffee shop but we were running out-o-time.

Crayzee pictures Cathy. Thanks for having the camera handy.

Rider Workshop-USA

*Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Yeah, definitely crazy pics...silliness is fun, though.

My ride back over Trail Ridge, aside from the ticket, was quite beautiful. I thought fer sure I was gonna get rained on, but not one lil droplet. I loved how the clouds were floating really low along the mountain peaks. Sure was a nice day for a ride.

Just for you, Patrick...
    Yep, let's see... The animal tally for the day: One red tail fox (almost under my tire), numerous deer, fat chipmunks looking for peanuts in Cathy's jacket, a camp robber jay, several grazing moose (yes Patrick, mooses are big!, ha.) and of course, a few dozen elk.

Rider Workshop-USA

I missed out! I am glad I turned back though. I still ended up being a few minutes late for work. I am the luckiest guy I know though (knock on wood) three times from when I left you guys I got slowed down by traffic and would have been going extremely fast past cops. Sorry to here you got a ticket Cathy. I don't know how I made it back without one myself!