Thread: Mesh Jacket Recommendations?

Mesh Jacket Recommendations?

So now that the summer heat is getting closer, I went over to CoPowersports this afternoon to pass a little time, so I decided I'd look at mesh jackets.

While I'm still in the market, I was told the Alpinestars T-RC-1 Air Flo was a good jacket, so I tried it on. I have to say, it was really comfortable, and fit me like a glove the second I put one on. Heres a pic of it:

But, before I spend money on one, I was wondering if anyone had a mesh jacket they would recommend I check out first.

And final question, my bike is yellow. I wear a light metallic silver shoei helmet. If I go with the above jacket, do I go for red, blue, or black? I'm thinking the blue would look best, just because it has the white and black accents.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Mesh Jacket Recommendations?

Personally, I would go with more leather and less nylon.

I have a fully perforated Vanson that I really like. I also have a mesh/leather joe rocket phoenix, I gotta tell you if I fall down I wanna be wearing the Vanson.

Scott

I've got my leather for canyon rides & I've got my Joe Rocket Pheonix 4.0 for commute'n when I know I'll be sitting on a hot bike in traffic. When you pull out the pheonix liner that jacket is about as close as you can get to wearing nothing and still being protected without just getting body armor
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

+1
    Mesh will bunch up if your sliding and may not offer the same support that a firmer material will. I know it gets warm, but I'd rather sweat than bleed my .02

Thanks for the quick replies everyone, the more responses I can get, the better chances I'll buy a really nice jacket.

Since people are advising against this (everyone so far), I thought I'd go ahead and post up what my current jacket is. This was my first jacket, bought it at RMK in longmont (they highly recommended it to me and it fit well). While its a mix of leather and nylon, they told me it would be a perfect all around jacket.

It is a Z1R Torque jacket, all black.

I am really just looking for a jacket that fits me well. I have wide shoulders, a tiny waist, and long arms. If I could mix the sizes, I'd need a large for my arms, a medium for my shoulders, and a small for my waist. Sadly, I can't get that, which is why when I find a jacket that fits, its amazing.
    Last edited by XJ600s; Mon Jun 16th, 2008 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XJ600s View Post
    I have wide shoulders, a tiny waist, and long arms. If I could mix the sizes, I'd need a large for my arms, a medium for my shoulders, and a small for my waist. Sadly, I can't get that, which is why when I find a jacket that fits, its amazing.
    Sounds like your in the same situation I am. I ended up getting a Joe Rocket mesh jacket just because it was so humid in Virginia when I lived there. Out here I still have yet to buy a set of leathers. On the to-do list. Just getting something that fits correctly is a pain.

I too would like a mesh jacket for the in-city heat. I've yet to find a mesh example that is long length though. I use a tour-master transition jacket that is great in the cold and up to mid 80's (or even higher if at speed) and it is a longer length, ending at my thigh. Since I don't want to have zippers sewn into all my pants, I like how the longer length covers my plumber's crack. Anyone seen a mesh jacket with this length?
    Eric in Highlands Ranch
    '00 SV650 noisy lil bitch
    -----
    CSC Quotes worth repeating:
    Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Yeah, it could be nothing, or you could die in a fire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysco View Post
    The best fix is to ride more.