Thread: The Double Yellow Pass

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Double Yellow Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Sortarican View Post
    Didn't CO adopt the Cali law about X number of vehicles behind you on a mountain road and you're SUPPOSED to pull over and let them pass?
    That would alleviate a lot of the problem.
    A lot of moutain road pull out areas for slow moving vehicles need to be used more often. The problem seems to be that nobody wants to admit that they are the "slow" vehicle. All of us have probably followed behind a slow truck, RV or car and watched as they pass one pull out after another.

On a side note............
    I recently followed a motorhome RV down to Longmont from Estes Park. I have NEVER seen an RV go that fast. It was interesting to watch the guy. He must have been a fellow motorhead.

Clever Custom User Title Lifetime Supporter Jaydoc's Avatar

Re: The Double Yellow Pass

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCBX View Post
    On a side note............
    I recently followed a motorhome RV down to Longmont from Estes Park. I have NEVER seen an RV go that fast. It was interesting to watch the guy. He must have been a fellow motorhead.
    The wife and I are proud new owners of a used 32 foot RV. You want a lesson in how important setting up for a turn is then drive one of those babies on a curvy road. Talk about feeling the chassis loading and unloading! But if you do it right and apply the same principles you use for riding a bike (or driving a car) on the track then you can really keep up your speed in the curves. If, however, you have no idea what a late apex turn is or how to use all of a lane then you're going to be braking all the time and driving slow in general.
    Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9
    Not a slam, but I am curious if you've been on the board for 3 years, even if you've just been reading the board, why does this thread surprise you? I mean it's pretty much par for the course on here.