Thread: Mladin DQ'd from VIR Wins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Re: Mladin DQ'd from VIR Wins

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    I doubt it was an intential cheater crank, probably has to do more with how DMG/AMA interpretted the rulebook verses how Yosh/Suzuki does.
    Those rules seemed pretty unambiguous to me. "You can only do these few things. Anything else is illegal."

Someone obviously "interpreted" wrong and got caught, but how intentional it was and by how many people remains to be seen. I'm curious if Mladin actually knew it was in there, or got unwittingly stripped of the points because some wrench did a bad thing. Regardless, he got caught doing something illegal and paid the penalty. I'm sure this kind of stuff goes on more than anyone really cares to admit.

I bet if Mat hadn't openly spoken out against DMG and Mel Harris hadn't majorly pissed off Edmondsen, this would have never happened.
    Yeah, fuck with people's money and they will fuck with you. Bite the hand that feeds you, so to speak, and you're gonna get slapped from time to time.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Easily distracted by shiny objects and bouncy things jplracing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Yeah, fuck with people's money and they will fuck with you. Bite the hand that feeds you, so to speak, and you're gonna get slapped from time to time.

Ralph I think you got the idea right, but backwards. It has been well documented that that manufactors have been supporting the AMA series for years. They pay to help the tracks remodel, the promotors, the racers, advertising etc... So it looks like DMG may be biting the hand that will feed them next year.

www.rebellionmotorsports.com

Grant_me_revs personal snake catcher!!

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Those rules seemed pretty unambiguous to me. "You can only do these few things. Anything else is illegal."

Someone obviously "interpreted" wrong and got caught, but how intentional it was and by how many people remains to be seen. I'm curious if Mladin actually knew it was in there, or got unwittingly stripped of the points because some wrench did a bad thing. Regardless, he got caught doing something illegal and paid the penalty. I'm sure this kind of stuff goes on more than anyone really cares to admit.

Well Ralph maybe it had nothing to do with a "wrench doing a bad thing." What if everything they did was legal and it came down to something like the weight of the sample cranks sent to the AMA from Suzuki were less than Mat's crank due to machine tolerance differences. The first crank cut is usually lighter than the last one because of dulling. Mat may have had a disadvantage for all we know. I am only speculating though.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach