Thread: Please post social events (bike nights, etc.) in the Social Events forum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Please post social events (bike nights, etc.) in the Social Events forum

This area seem like a stupid idea to me, sorry Spiderman no offense.

After reading though all the garbage there was 1 post about a social meeting. The rest was just hijack. Then there is the problem, if we are having a social meeting in CS, we have to dig through the hijack garbage, then the Denver social event and any mention of a previous social event, no thanks this is a bad idea. Let social events appear in specific areas, that way those people in those areas can get together.
    Last edited by R1chie; Wed Sep 3rd, 2008 at 06:37 AM.
    "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing....What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?"

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Re: Please post social events (bike nights, etc.) in the Social Events forum

Quote Originally Posted by R1chie View Post
    This area seem like a stupid idea to me, sorry Spiderman no offense.

After reading though all the garbage there was 1 post about a social meeting. The rest was just hijack. Then there is the problem, if we are having a social meeting in CS, we have to dig through the hijack garbage, then the Denver social event and any mention of a previous social event, no thanks this is a bad idea. Let social events appear in specific areas, that way those people in those areas can get together.
    Rich,

I appreciate your opinion, and believe me, most of what you mentioned was taken into consideration. IF people would include the location as part of the title when creating the thread, it would make things easier. The ideas behind it were:
    - generate more visibility for social activities.
    - somebody might see something they're really interested in attending, but it's not in their normal 'hood, and they wouldn't normally check that local forum.
    - somebody is bored and looking for something to do - instead of checking all forums looking for something current, check here, then decide if they want to make the drive.

Unfortunately, I've been too busy lately to be online policing things.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.