Thread: This one will get ya......

AKA "Devaclis"
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Re: This one will get ya......

Awww how sweet was that. Makes my heart all melty.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

You've gotta be a hard-hearted SOB to not have that getting you teared up. It really sums up the sacrifices that not only the soldiers but also their families make. Thank you doesn't seem nearly enough but I will say it anyway.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

That is awesome!!! Its things like that which make all the unbearable crap that we go through worth it. My hat is off to the members of the armed forces that continue to serve our country's needs!
    www.onthemarcphotography.com

Scers sidekick... PuhRobin Yearly Supporter Foolds's Avatar

And waste what they have spent these years working on? Why don't you ask some of the people who have spent time over there and see what they say. I have 5 friends who have been over 4-5 said they would go back before they saw the US walk away from the fight. The other said it would make him sick to see the US walk out on the mission that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolds View Post
    And waste what they have spent these years working on? Why don't you ask some of the people who have spent time over there and see what they say. I have 5 friends who have been over 4-5 said they would go back before they saw the US walk away from the fight. The other said it would make him sick to see the US walk out on the mission that way.
    Relax. Snowman is a bleeding heart. He's always spouting off at the mouth.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Does anyone here need a better reason why we need to bring our troops home from Iraq now?
    I watched an interesting piece on 60 Minutes last night about how things have turned around quite well in Sadr City, once the center of insurgent activity. It would be a shame to walk out now and let the (now unwanted) insurgents back in.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...=related_story

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King Nothing View Post
    Relax. Snowman is a bleeding heart. He's always spouting off at the mouth.
    And King Nada spews many nothings from his pie hole too.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    And King Nada spews many nothings from his pie hole too.
    I pretty much knew that was coming as soon as I typed it.

Does anyone here need a better reason why we need to bring our troops home from Iraq now?
    I actually find this insulting, but will hold my tongue rather than find myself attacking someone over the internet.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King Nothing View Post
    I pretty much knew that was coming as soon as I typed it.
    I hope you get the same feeling when you walk into the voting booth on November 4th.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Pfft....mail-in ballot.

I personally apologize to any here I may have offended with my remark. I in no way was asserting that any solder who has fought or is fighting in the Iraq war was not honorable.

I merely was expressing that I believe bringing these people home would do more for their families than continuing the conflict.

And to those of you contacting me over this.
    I do not care to discuss it further.

MRA Racer No.427

I personally apologize to any here I may have offended with my remark. I in no way was asserting that any solder who has fought or is fighting in the Iraq war was not honorable.

I merely was expressing that I believe bringing these people home would do more for their families than continuing the conflict.

Damn! People are sending PM's now? Strike a nerve a bit?

AKA "Devaclis"

Back up off of Randall. Myself and dozens of others here can vouch for him.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

I agree . . . we can disagree without making fools of ourselves . . . enough said.

As someone with the perspective of running around in the sandbox now for the last 4 years, I feel the same as lots of you that to leave now will negate the gains we have, and cheapen the deaths of some of my friends, and basically cause my son to be here later when he's older, which I definitely do not want. However.....with that said, I will stand by anyone's right to voice their opinion. I don't have to agree with it, but that is one of the reasons we're here and one of the reasons the Iraqi's are slowly getting back on their feet. The power to have an opinion and make a difference should never be subverted. Peace.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.