Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: People are inherently good.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: People are inherently good.

No, I'll go ahead and skip on those types.

Most of the time it's people who are actually walking, and not just standing there thumbing-it. A quick "Hey, you need a ride some where", seems to be just the ticket.

No doubt that I will get stabbed one of these days.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

AKA "Devaclis"

I was on my way to work this morning and saw this cutie next to an air pump holding her head in dismay. I approached her and asked her if she needed help and she explained that she had no quarters for the air machine and that the quarter dispenser, which took credit cards, was out of order also. I was thinking "Hey, if I give this foxy thang some quarters, maybe I can, you know, get some "action"". So I gave her some quarters and went back to my vehicle to write my number down for her. I looked back over at her and saw that she was crying.

I strolled back over there and found out that the machine that she put my hard earned quarters into, was broken. She was griping about her plumbing and flat tires and blah blah blah! So, I gave her another round of quarters in the hopes she would calm down and possibly want to hit the motel 6 across the street for about 15 minutes. I mumbled some crap about karma and needing some luvin' or something like that and she thanked me for the quarters and headed across the street. I am thinking "SCORE!!" Well, it turns out that there was a working air pump over there. She filled her tires and went along her merry way while I sat in my car $2 dollars down and 3 inches up. Nice. Screw karma.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    I was on my way to work this morning and saw this cutie next to an air pump holding her head in dismay. I approached her and asked her if she needed help and she explained that she had no quarters for the air machine and that the quarter dispenser, which took credit cards, was out of order also. I was thinking "Hey, if I give this foxy thang some quarters, maybe I can, you know, get some "action"". So I gave her some quarters and went back to my vehicle to write my number down for her. I looked back over at her and saw that she was crying.

I strolled back over there and found out that the machine that she put my hard earned quarters into, was broken. She was griping about her plumbing and flat tires and blah blah blah! So, I gave her another round of quarters in the hopes she would calm down and possibly want to hit the motel 6 across the street for about 15 minutes. I mumbled some crap about karma and needing some luvin' or something like that and she thanked me for the quarters and headed across the street. I am thinking "SCORE!!" Well, it turns out that there was a working air pump over there. She filled her tires and went along her merry way while I sat in my car $2 dollars down and 3 inches up. Nice. Screw karma.
    I was waiting for someone to post something like this!!! Too bad it really wasn't any of you guys on here

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nattynoo View Post
    I was waiting for someone to post something like this!!! Too bad it really wasn't any of you guys on here
    3" --- you would have been short changed anyway
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Pandora-11

When someone in a military uniform is in front of me in line (such as Chipotle or fast food), I like to pick up their bill. They are always so appreciative and I feel it is a little thing to do to express how I feel about the things they do for me.

3" is Not the kind of "Change" any man wants
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

Quote Originally Posted by puckstr View Post
    3" is Not the kind of "Change" any man wants
    Or any woman for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by nattynoo View Post
    Or any woman for that matter

No shit...That just WON'T get-er-done

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    In Dana's world, that's called a "Christmas Bonus".
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    In Dana's world, that's called a "Christmas Bonus".
    And brings a whole new meaning to the term 'Bail Out Package".
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Are you sure that dimension wasn't a diameter?

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    I've helped out shorter people in grocery stores to reach things on high shelves that were set back a bit. That's one thing that comes to mind.
    So is that getting things off the second shelf?

Sorry, had to...and in a thread about helping peeps, oh my! Maybe I made someone smile with this, yeah
    Eric
    CSBA#477
    00 Triumph Sprint RS
    www.cocsba.com

well it will never be called a "Stimulus Package"

IDK about Karma/Pay it forward any more...

My neighbour's daughter, who is twelve, needed her bicycle fixed this summer. So, I took it back home in thinking I could fix it and she could ride it around the rest of the summer with her friends who all seemed to have a bike themselves.

Unfortunately, (and I feel for parents now 'cuz I see how they trick you guys into buying more freaking bicycles, especially the cheap ones!!) the chainguard cannot be replaced because it's a piece of plastic crap that cannot be put back on once you tear it off. Meaning that if I replace the chain, she'd rip up her leg without the guard on there. Poor kid, right?

Well, a couple of days after I realized the dilemma of probably going to have to buy her a new bike, (all the while she comes by everyday to see if it's ready yet) I found an old school purple bicycle with those sweet-ass ape hangers. No banana seat, but it was very girlie and better yet, FREE as we found it at a garage sale. It was at least 20 yrs old with a cool retro look to it and something I could easily fix, plus she would have a bike the rest of the summer.

So, I find her some replacement white tires along with a set of airless tubes so they never went flat. Fixed the chain, etc... Spent about $40

She was ecstatic! I saw her ride it all summer long. And it made me feel pretty awesome that I did something for this good kid.

Flash Forward to November:

The weather's been super nice and I hadn't seen her ride her bike in a while, so I ask her Mom if it needed, maybe a new chain again? Maybe something needs to be fixed?

Nope! Her Mom tells me that one of the kids has been letting her ride his bicycle and the Dad may be selling it. Oh! And get this, "Her birthday is in a couple of weeks and maybe you could see how much he wants for it"

WHAT?!?!?!

The mom stops me a little while later and says it's for sale for 50 bucks.

I was about to reply, "well, that gives you some time to save for your kid, doesn't it?"

So, ya do something for someone and they want more for free?! GRRRRRRRRR!!!
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Another reason why it's good to "do good"...

Research has shown that helping others, even in small ways, can unleash a flood of endorphins and improve your emotional well-being.

More stories found here....
    http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/j...0564&GT1=32001

Oh and yeah...I'm all about the natural brain chemical high.

...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Quote Originally Posted by Filo View Post
    You must be an attractive woman. He probably would have told me to just blow it up myself using my lips.

Recent good deeds....Hmmm, there have been so many, but here is one:
    There was a man in a wheelchair trying to cross the road. He wasn't using his hand to move the wheels, he was pulling himself with his good leg. The light turned against him and the cars were ready to run him over. I stopped and held up everyone while I got out and pushed him the rest of the way (I was going cross traffic, so he wasn't holding me up).
    Similar happening. A couple of nights ago on Mississippi and Broadway, going to Blue Bonnet, this guy with no legs was chairing across the street. He was either buzzed (who could blame him) or something and just couldn't get his bearings. Cars were just buzzing around the guy at speed and he came close to getting hit. I blocked traffic with my truck until he got through. Somebody drove by me and yelled, "ASSHOLE." Well, that I am, but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by puckstr View Post
    Pay it Forward
    Best damn movie! Definitely good for these times.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    No, I'll go ahead and skip on those types.

Most of the time it's people who are actually walking, and not just standing there thumbing-it. A quick "Hey, you need a ride some where", seems to be just the ticket.

No doubt that I will get stabbed one of these days.
    I picked up a female hitchhiker once up near RYBO's place (his sister???j/k)--oh god, Jeff, come up with a Photo Shop--you know Scotts face on Pamala Anderson's body-- of that one will ya. There was some stabbin' goin on all right

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post

Damn funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora-11 View Post
    When someone in a military uniform is in front of me in line (such as Chipotle or fast food), I like to pick up their bill. They are always so appreciative and I feel it is a little thing to do to express how I feel about the things they do for me.
    These guys like your idea and are waiting...with patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Are you sure that dimension wasn't a diameter?
    That's radius, ha.
    Last edited by pilot; Fri Nov 7th, 2008 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Why you lookin here when the jokes in your hand.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler