Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First day snowboarding and I survived

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: First day snowboarding and I survived

Yep, snowboarding's painful while you're learning. I got a killer deal on gear (Rossignol board for $25!), so I thought I'd try it. Went a couple times a couple years ago, just started to get the hang of not crashing, then with all the crazy stuff in my life haven't been since, but hope to start again this year. I wore my riding jacket and the elbow and shoulder padding definately helped. As for a$$ padding, my buddy said to find some hockey of skateboarding pants.....if you can handle looking like a dork. I'll probably start using my MX helmet when I get good enough to get any speed going.

Best of luck.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Anyone up for A-basin, Breck or Keystone on Weds? I won't be able to leave ass-early, because I work nights, but I'll be heading up around 8... Fire me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    I'll probably start using my MX helmet when I get good enough to get any speed going.

I thought about doing that as well. So far, I am going slow enough it is funny when I fall.

We got stuck in the traffic heading to the Eisen Tunnel as well. But I don't know how long it took, I napped in the back seat for much of the ride home.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR