All great ideas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

2. Have someone (you or Mother Goose or whoever's willing) call all the local radio statios (except Alice) and see if they either can/will lend a hand by plugging the CSC "Trailer Full of Hope" (or whatever the F* you want to call it--though "The Creamed Corn and Beets Wagon" is probably most appropriate, it's disheartening) with some free air time. In addition to the "regular" stations see if local NPR will help.

3. Contact dealerships (GMs, marketing directors and/or owners--don't contact sales managers, they can't authorize anything) and see if they're willing to get involved, both by having their employees bring in donations AND by having them set park the CSC trailer on their property with signage promoting the CSC can drive.
Yep, definitely. One distinction, the trailer is going to have Racing 2 Save Lives in 43-foot-wide graphics on the side. So maybe the CSC / R2SL "whatever".

--43' is a HUGE volume to fill with cans...I'm not sure we have the resources to fill it, but anything beats nothing.
Not just cans, but really anything not imminently perishable. Way back when, they used to want things that could last for months and months; now I suspect it will be used within a few weeks. Cereal, mac and cheese, that sort of stuff. 43' of cans is also going to exceed the weight rating on the thing, so boxes of dry goods will be a logistical necessity.

5. Designate someone to go around and pick up the cans for the trailer.
That'll be me. I just can't organize this whole thing myself, however I'm really blown away at the suggestions and interest so far! This club has almost gone from nothing to food drive in like an hour.