Thread: A positive moment in history

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: A positive moment in history

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiX View Post
    U must have quit paying attention at the end there. Dont blame ya'!
    (L-A-N-D-S-L-I-D-E VICTORY!)
    3% of the popular vote is far less than a landslide, and showss how outdated the electoral college is. Sorry, try again.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Here, I'll say it: much as I'm disappointed that so many people, even people I highly respect, were sucked into the demi-god/rockstar hoopla and blindly voted for him BECAUSE he's black instead of IN SPITE OF the fact that he's black, I honestly hope for OUR sake, that he can actually accomplish something good here. If he truly does, I'll even vote FOR him next time. There, how's that for positive? Really, I mean it.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    <snip>were sucked into the demi-god/rockstar hoopla and blindly voted for him BECAUSE he's black instead of IN SPITE OF the fact that he's black, <snip>

Sorry Frank, but you have no idea who I really am or what I'm all about. I take exception of your labeling of being 'sucked in' and 'blindly voted for him .....'. Without rehashing the obvious it basically boiled down to the lesser of two evils and how their value set reflects on my personal beliefs. The color of his skin had nothing, and I repeat -- NOTHING do do with why i voted for the guy. The 'R' crowd currently doesn't even come close to my value set and it seems to have been the same for many others.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Sorry Frank, but you have no idea who I really am or what I'm all about. I take exception of your labeling of being 'sucked in' and 'blindly voted for him .....'. Without rehashing the obvious it basically boiled down to the lesser of two evils and how their value set reflects on my personal beliefs. The color of his skin had nothing, and I repeat -- NOTHING do do with why i voted for the guy. The 'R' crowd currently doesn't even come close to my value set and it seems to have been the same for many others.
    Actually bro, I think I do. I know you and a few others I know and also highly respect DID carefully pick the guy based on your beliefs and that's the great thing about America......but I also saw a shitload (majority) of other people who DID get sucked into the hoopla. If you look at the black vote it's obvious that to most of them it WAS the color of his skin that determined their vote. The scariest thing I saw was the fervor and the hysteria surrounding this campaign like no other I've ever witnessed. When I see people that gung-ho, it reminds me of people blindly following other notable leaders in history....like Jim Jones, or Hitler. Not that I truly believe he's of that particular caliber, but it remains scary that people get that adamant. The hysteria is exactly the same, only the words are different. I wouldn't have voted for McCain if I thought there was a better candidate, Dem OR Repub. But I'll be damned if I will get all hysterical over ANY candidate. That to me smacks of lemmings going over the cliff.

S'ok bro, I still love ya man......and you're invited to come over Steve's and watch Blazing Saddles with us tonight if ya like!

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    The hysteria is exactly the same, only the words are different.
    I do not know if this is true or not, but it sounds accurate.
    We can only change the direction of the river 1 degree at a time.

Bush gave the 'with me or against me' song & that's unloving.
    Obama gave a friendly speech & wanted the people to let him know if the gvt is working or not.

Yes, If it is working and it will blah blah blah.
    No, If it is not working the way we want it.

No is thy answer. Smaller gvt is "the change we need".
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath