Thread: Student suspended for fake guns

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Student suspended for fake guns

Quote Originally Posted by Repsol a095 View Post
    I am a teacher for Cherry Creek School District, and I have to tell you that with everything that has happened here and across the country over the last ten years, there is a zero tolerance policy. If you make the shape of gun with your hand, you are suspended. If you threaten someone, you can be arrested. I guess they knew about some of the events that unfolded before Columbine, but they let it slide because they didn't want to go over the top, but in the end, they should have. I believe that the shootings at Virginia tech could be traced back to a journal the student kept which was seen by a teacher, who again let it go.

As a teacher, you better believe that I want them to be serious about this. I know these were fake guns, but I would rather school officials go over the top than anyone getting hurt.
    I can agree with some of what you are saying.A Lot of messed up shit would not have happened if we would have taken better action. My issue is that this is not a bad kid, hell she (at a young age) has made a decision to do better for herself and for her country. I hate to say it (not really) but they should have been profiling. If it was some shit head gang banger, than fine bust his ass. But to be over the top on a kid walking the right path in life is bullshit. we have become to PC with stuff like this. "we must treat all people the same" is bullshit. She is a good kid and that alone should have given her leniency, if anything they should have said " put those FAKE guns in your trunk to keep people from seeing them". there is nothing wrong with profiling, If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.....its a fucking duck. And you know what kids in your school are trouble and the ones that are troubled and the ones that are just fine. And for $20 I bet you watch the first 2 in the halls before you even look at the 3rd.

Also Thank for being a teacher, cause today that has got to be one challenging job
    Last edited by chad23; Sun Feb 8th, 2009 at 11:17 AM.
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.