Thread: Home Inspections

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Home Inspections

You also need to check for dissimilar metals on the water supply piping (steel touching, or conected to copper). If you have it, it will rot out your entire plumbing system, usualy in two or three years.
    THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF RIDERS: THOSE THAT HAVE CRASHED, AND THOSE THAT ARE GOING TO CRASH.

Quote Originally Posted by IT WASN'T ME! View Post
    You also need to check for dissimilar metals on the water supply piping (steel touching, or conected to copper). If you have it, it will rot out your entire plumbing system, usualy in two or three years.

For those that bitch about what could be wrong without giving any useful assistance toward the issue should leave it in the inspectors hands.

Dielectric unions <---that's what you should have added in your post 'it wasn't me'.

Public water has a neutral pH level. Acidic water is where steel to copper connections have the small electric charge which can put holes in copper pipe, if without dielectric unions. Dielectric unions separate the two metals to prevent electrolysis.

Cathy, write down your Q's and ask your inspector any question if you have a concern.
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post

Cathy, write down your Q's and ask your inspector any question if you have a concern.
    Thanks. That's why I'm asking for input here, first. So I know any other questions I should be thinking about can be written down. I had bought two houses before in my life, but with a husband and it was just a tad different back then. Everything riding on my shoulders this time around makes me 100x's more wary. I'm not insanely freaked, but do want to be on my toes, if that makes sense.

Thanks Wyeth, for the input.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post

For those that bitch about what could be wrong without giving any useful assistance toward the issue should leave it in the inspectors hands.

Dielectric unions <---that's what you should have added in your post 'it wasn't me'.

Public water has a neutral pH level. Acidic water is where steel to copper connections have the small electric charge which can put holes in copper pipe, if without dielectric unions. Dielectric unions separate the two metals to prevent electrolysis.

Wrong, any water in contact with dissimilar metals will cause the piping to disintegrate. We have public water where I work and have huge problem with electrolysis in some of our buildings.

The industry is moving away from dielectric unions towards plain brass fittings. I guess dielectrics don't work as well as advertised.
    THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF RIDERS: THOSE THAT HAVE CRASHED, AND THOSE THAT ARE GOING TO CRASH.