Thread: Looking at Front/Rear Stands

Looking at Front/Rear Stands

I am slowly piecing together the parts to restore my 1986 FZ600s and as a result, I will be needing to tear the bike apart (while powdercoating the frame, wheels, etc) and am looking at buying a pair of paddock stands.

For the front, I need a triple tree stand so that I may take the forks out of the bike with the bike still supported.

The rear just needs to be a basic swingarm stand as neither of my bikes have spools or spool attachment holes.

I've seen a ton of people using Pit-Bull stands and they seem to be high quality. I went by COPowersports today to see what they had and price them out (during the windiest part of the day, we actually could see the roof moving it was so bad...apparently, they had 3 bikes fall down outside and were frantically moving all of the bikes inside). BUT, they had a PitBull front triple tree stand for $175...which is $20 over retail. I might end up getting it because it seems very solid, but had a question on the design. Does it come with a support bracket to keep the upper part from bending when a bike is on it? Or does it always fold over like and is solid once a bike is on it? Pic below for reference.

But since I'm on a budget for this project, I feel hard pressed to spend a little over $300 for both front and rear stands when I could spend that on quite a few new parts for my bike.

Does anyone have any sources that sell stands for cheaper than this? I'd prefer locally so I could check it out before buying, but online would be fine too. I haven't called Performance Cycle or Coyote, but are there any hole-in-the-wall shops that might have em? I remember a post not too long ago where someone was asking about how to use them alone and someone mentioned T-Rex stands locally. Care to elaborate on that?

Thanks!

AKA "Devaclis"

Re: Looking at Front/Rear Stands

check out Performance on Broadway jsut North of Evans
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

do you have cross streets or is it just on broadway and Evans? I assume in Denver.

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Yo, XJ. I got a dealer on another site that just quoted me on stands for an 06 1KRR, this is what he said.

vortex front and rear stand with pin-$287 shipped
    pitbull front and rear stand with pin-$297 shipped

I was thinking bout going with the pitbull, they are supposed to be the best. these are standard front stands and swingarm type rear stand. Let me know if your interested, maybe he'll chop off a couple bucks for two sets. This is already a good deal for forum members.

PM me if you want to see what he can do......
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Uhh, not sure if I can post prices, but I didn't say from whom, so I hope I'm ok???

thanks rajuncajun, but I really need the front to be a triple tree stand as I'll have the forks off for a while doing seals, powercoating, and what not. could you send me a pm of the source you've got and I'll contact them and see if they can cut me a deal too.

The front stand would be a tripple tree stand, that goes up under the front cowl, I'm almost sure anyway. I'll PM you the website, but he gives discounts to members that order through the forum.

PM Sent....

Quote Originally Posted by XJ600s View Post
    I might end up getting it because it seems very solid, but had a question on the design. Does it come with a support bracket to keep the upper part from bending when a bike is on it?

No support bracket.

The stand is solid as long as you use the correct pin and it is inserted properly. The forward handle rear stand kicks ass, especially if you are working alone.

i have a set of blackwidow stands rear pad dock front fork lift. that i may sale for really cheap.

pm me if interested
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

AKA "Devaclis"

^^ You can't spell
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

I can get pitbull stands cheaper than $297 or Performance just takes a couple days to get them in.
    Last edited by konichd; Tue Feb 17th, 2009 at 03:18 PM.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    I can get pitbull stands cheaper than $297 or Performance just takes a couple days to get them in.
    Really??? How much? 06 1KRR

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

PM sent
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

PM received and sent back...

AKA "Devaclis"

I got my rear stand for $80. Sold it for the same. Very nice pitbull. no need to buy new there are a lot of them out there used.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    I got my rear stand for $80. Sold it for the same. Very nice pitbull. no need to buy new there are a lot of them out there used.
    Where are you finding these stands used?! I've been searching craigslist for weeks now, not a single stand has popped up. But a few full bike lifts came up for a couple hundred..

There is a pair on ebay for ~$90 but the shipping for each is $56 (bs if you ask me) so might as well buy new.

PS. I was about 5 minutes too late behind Dirk in replying to your post about the stand for sale. Let me tell you how mad I was because I had been scouring the web trying to find them used.
    Last edited by XJ600s; Tue Feb 17th, 2009 at 03:56 PM.