Thread: Lowering Bike

Lowering Bike

Can this be done? Anyone have a contact?

My girl is short and wants to lower her bike. I have turned the shocks down as far as recommended but it has not helped much. She has a CBR600RR now and it needs to be lowerd about and inch.

Any other suggestions. She can ride but I think she would be more comfortable if she could get her feet down flat.
    '02 GSXR1000

Re: Lowering Bike

http://www.diamondpowersports.com/lo...fbbc5f09ff2ed9
    I just did a quick search and came up with this right away didn't really look too hard. Probably many more.

I found those too. They have not made them for the 05 yet.
    '02 GSXR1000

You could try having the seat foam shaved down since suspension lowering is expensive. Might get ½ inch on a RR if you’re lucky. Any good upholstery shop should be able to do it. Or call Jim at Racers Edge 303-986-2107. He did a great job of lowering suspension and shaving the seat on my dirt bike.

Edit: Yeah, the dogbone route is the best way to go. I was thinking shortening the stroke b/c that’s what I had to do on my dirt bike...about $600.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

This is a Chemical Burn Project Sh*tbox's Avatar

It can help, but try to stay away from shaving seat foam. I did it on my 98 gixxer, which had a TON of foam in the seat compared to the newer bikes, and it was uncomforable as hell. Dirt bikes are one thing, and the foam is usually at least 4" thick, but I'd never do it again on a sport bike.

Buy the dog bones, and slip the triples down the forks a little. Just make sure the lower triple won't smack the fork tube on full compression... unless of course the bike has inverted front forks, then there's no problem... unless of course the front fairing smacks the front fender under full compression.

You get the idea.

-ASC
    Aaron "CRACKA" Cummins
    "Vintage" '98 Gixxer 6 <--GONE
    '01 Buell M2 Cyclone. 1203cc's of American Muscle. <--GONE
    paperstreetsoapcompany816@yahoo.com

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Hey Slacker.. I used the dogbone to lower my gix an inch and also shaved the seat (still not low enough ) ... of course the gix seat has a ton more padding than the cbr's tho.. but mine is still way more comfortable than others I've seen. Fay did the lowering for me a few years ago... Few hundred $$ or something..
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar
    Dogbone is the way to go...shaving seats will lead to a way sore ass, and not really much lower on the bike over all.
    and she will be a LOT more comfortable and safer if she can have feet flat on the ground...too easy to lose footing if you can only touch your toes!

Did Rachel get a bike, or is this someone else?
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

I'll be waiting on the dogbone, supposedly it will be available next month for the 2005. Thanks for all the feedback.

This is a new bike for Rachel. Picked it up over the weekend. I'll post some pics tonight.
    '02 GSXR1000