Thread: Denver police sue city

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Denver police sue city

Quote Originally Posted by 64BonnieLass View Post
    I can think of a bunch of people who would just LOVE to get a job on the Police Force. They would be happy to get dressed without pay.

(honestly I think it's ridiculous, but I can kinda see both sides - kinda)
    I agree with the kinda. We dont have 2 mill right now to settle this. You should take what you have and be happy you even have a job and one you like at that. BUT... for those of on salary, we get paid for 8 hours if we work it, we get paid for 8 hours even if we work 10. The police are not salary employees for the city, they get paid overtime if they work it. If they have to show up at work 30 mins early to put on all the required gear to do their job, why isn't that 30 mins part of their work day?
    Whatever jack ass.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skinbabe View Post
    I agree with the kinda. We dont have 2 mill right now to settle this. You should take what you have and be happy you even have a job and one you like at that. BUT... for those of on salary, we get paid for 8 hours if we work it, we get paid for 8 hours even if we work 10. The police are not salary employees for the city, they get paid overtime if they work it. If they have to show up at work 30 mins early to put on all the required gear to do their job, why isn't that 30 mins part of their work day?
    Then just cut their hours out on the streets. Say they are usually working 8 hours/day.... they want to be paid for putting on their gear, and eventually will want to be paid to take it off too. Keep them on the street for only 7 hours and pay them that other hour for their pampering time.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I agree with the kinda. We dont have $200 mill right now to settle this. You should take what you have and be happy you even have a job and one you like at that. BUT... for those of on salary, we get paid for 8 hours if we work it, we get paid for 8 hours even if we work 10. The police are not salary employees for the city, they get paid overtime if they work it. If they have to show up at work 30 mins early to put on all the required gear to do their job, why isn't that 30 mins part of their work day?
    Fixed, you dropped a couple of zeroes that make it even MORE ridiculous.

My stepkid is a Denver Sheriff's deputy, and even he thinks it's bullshit.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Well then why isn't my commute part of my work day? I'm not at home enjoying life so why don't I get paid for it? Fact is getting ready for work has never been considered part of any job...except now meat packers.

I find it interesting that they make the distinction that they can't get ready at home. So putting on a uniform at home is not considered "part of the work day" but making them go to the station and put it on there is?...really?

And it's an additional 200 million not 2, according to the article.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    And it's an additional 200 million not 2, according to the article.
    Right, pardon my typo... and agreed. 2 mill or 200 mill to pay them to get dressed, in this economy we are in is out of hand for sure.
    Whatever jack ass.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Right, pardon my typo... and agreed. 2 mill or 200 mill to pay them to get dressed, in this economy we are in is out of hand for sure.
    Even if we were rolling in dough I would disagree with it.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!