Quote Originally Posted by t_jolt View Post
actually i have been through layoffs. but here is my point, they choose to stay out of work. You show me out of those laid off people that have seriously put on a suit and tie, and spent all day 8 hours going to jobs applying. Believe it or not, once i got laid off 2 years ago. this is what i did. took me 3 weeks, and then i got a job. 3 weeks, and really, i wasnt busting my ass that hard, only 6 hours a day to find another job. it is there choice to not take a job where they dont feel that there getting paid what there worth. as they could turn around and go get a job at a gas station or fast food. as they have health care. Im just saying it really is a choice. cause the jobs are out there. Hell, actually a friend of mine just got a part time job pumping human sh*t for 17 an hour. no college edu, dropped out of high school. You just have to be willing to step out of the box. What i have seen out of a lot of these people, is that there are not willing to take a pay cut right away, or let there pride get in the way, and want to wait for a job that they want.
It's a lot different these days than it was even just 2 yrs ago. yes, you gotta do what you need to do to pay the bills, but people typically do that I think when it comes down to it. A lot of people I know who have been laid off ahve been in a position to be slightly picky and still float, and that's ok. also, it's hard to find certain jobs when you work all day every day just to pay the bills. looking for a job is a full time job.