Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got my first speeding ticket...

Re: Got my first speeding ticket...

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    My last ticket was in Denver, 87 in a 55

The "magistrate" was more than happy to reduce points from 6 to 4....and fine me $395 in fines and bullshit fees.....

at the same session, he rescheduled at least 3 people that had been cited with no insurance so that they could falsify...er....produce proof of insurance so they didn't have to go to jail. Nobody that needed a spanish interpreter was fined more than $90......
    My lawyer told me that if you ever get pulled over for speeding, to not show the cop your proof of insurance. You might luck out and get a ticket just for that. Then if you show up in court with proof of it, you get dismissed. If you get a speeding ticket and no proof of insurance, the no proof will get dropped when you show up.
    MRA#669
    Big Thanks To
    Vanmar Racing
    Unink Printworks
    Rebellion Motorsports
    Pero Motorsports
    J&K Racing
    Fay Myers Motorcycle World

Quote Originally Posted by racedk6 View Post
    My lawyer told me that if you ever get pulled over for speeding, to not show the cop your proof of insurance. You might luck out and get a ticket just for that. Then if you show up in court with proof of it, you get dismissed. If you get a speeding ticket and no proof of insurance, the no proof will get dropped when you show up.
    No Luck there...he didn't even want to see my POI. He had already run my plate and the insurance came up good on the computer. On the plus side, there was no lecture, no bullshit wait on the side of the road. Stopped a total of maybe 5 minutes....
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Your lawyer is an idiot, better find a new one. Does he/she not know that "not having insurnace" and "not showing proof of insurance" are two seperates charges? See 42-4-1409(3)...

42-4-1409. Compulsory insurance - penalty - legislative intent.

(1) No owner of a motor vehicle required to be registered in this state shall operate the vehicle or permit it to be operated on the public highways of this state when the owner has failed to have a complying policy or certificate of self-insurance in full force and effect as required by law.
    (2) No person shall operate a motor vehicle on the public highways of this state without a complying policy or certificate of self-insurance in full force and effect as required by law.
    (3) When an accident occurs, or when requested to do so following any lawful traffic contact or during any traffic investigation by a peace officer, no owner or operator of a motor vehicle shall fail to present to the requesting officer immediate evidence of a complying policy or certificate of self-insurance in full force and effect as required by law.
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

There is some really good information on this site and they send you everything for free. I have a ticket that got dismissed using this method. It's not a gimmick! Also do a search on judicial standing and corpus delicti.
    President-Syndicate Riders
    www.syndicateriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    My last ticket was in Denver, 87 in a 55
    Wow you were really speeding on that one, like real deal stuff right there. But if your gonna do it might as well go big.
    "I do not fear death, I fear the half lived life."

Current Bike:
    2006 Honda CBR1000rr

Previous Bikes:
    2003 Black Z1000
    2005 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote Originally Posted by thesavidge1 View Post
    Wow you were really speeding on that one, like real deal stuff right there. But if your gonna do it might as well go big.
    I70 and Pecos....eastbound about 18:30...wasn't really paying attention to my speed, just going a few mph faster than traffic like usual, only "traffic" was apparently hauling ass......
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by thesavidge1 View Post
    You're not allowed to give people shit unless you have a functioning motor.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    You're not allowed to give people shit unless you have a functioning motor.
    sheesh harsh claim from the duct tape bandit over here, its not my felt that I am projecting my pent up depression
    "I do not fear death, I fear the half lived life."

Current Bike:
    2006 Honda CBR1000rr

Previous Bikes:
    2003 Black Z1000
    2005 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote Originally Posted by kidicarus13 View Post
    Your lawyer is an idiot, better find a new one. Does he/she not know that "not having insurnace" and "not showing proof of insurance" are two seperates charges? See 42-4-1409(3)...
    And all you do is tell them you dont have proof of it on you. If your speeding ticket is not exceeding a 4 point violation then there are most likely to write you up for not showing proof of insurance. You go to court and it gets dismissed.

My lawyer knows what he is doing considering he has saved my license quite a few times when I actually ride on the street..
    MRA#669
    Big Thanks To
    Vanmar Racing
    Unink Printworks
    Rebellion Motorsports
    Pero Motorsports
    J&K Racing
    Fay Myers Motorcycle World

If your speeding ticket is not exceeding a 4 point violation then there are most likely to write you up for not showing proof of insurance. You go to court and it gets dismissed.
    Where did this "likelyhood" originate from?

It sounds more like your lawyer gives you just enough bad advice to keep his pockets lined with your dough.

...but we do live in America and can spend our $$$ as we see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by kidicarus13 View Post
    Where did this "likelyhood" originate from?

It sounds more like your lawyer gives you just enough bad advice to keep his pockets lined with your dough.

...but we do live in America and can spend our $$$ as we see fit.
    i dont know the dudes lawyer, but i learned this when i was 16.... my insurance had run out and i hadnt put the new card in my truck yet and when the cop asked me, i told him i couldnt find it. He wrote me for no insurance, didnt write me for the 15 over i had gotten pulled over for, and i brought my insurance with me when i took care of it and it was dismissed.

Since then, it has worked 3-4 other times, only once has it worked here in CO though.

06 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by PhL0aTeR View Post
    i dont know the dudes lawyer, but i learned this when i was 16.... my insurance had run out and i hadnt put the new card in my truck yet and when the cop asked me, i told him i couldnt find it. He wrote me for no insurance, didnt write me for the 15 over i had gotten pulled over for, and i brought my insurance with me when i took care of it and it was dismissed.

Since then, it has worked 3-4 other times, only once has it worked here in CO though.
    Just like most run-ins with the law, it's officer/court discresion ...take your chances but be prepared to pay the piper.

how about cops mind their own businees.

Represent The Green Monster In You!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi11Zone View Post
    how about cops mind their own businees.
    How about where do the cops mind their own business? I'll ride there.

Isn't it the cops' business to enforce the laws of the State of Colorado? We all enjoy being able to tear up some twisties without worrying about red and blue lights behind us, but it's MY fault if I get pulled over, not his. Don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    Isn't it the cops' business to enforce the laws of the State of Colorado? We all enjoy being able to tear up some twisties without worrying about red and blue lights behind us, but it's MY fault if I get pulled over, not his. Don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine.
    Maybe if I were a state trooper and able to pull the badge when I got stopped I'd feel the same way.

Until then, where are the fun roads that tons of cops aren't patrolling? ...oh wait, I guess I need to consider that law enforcement also reads these forums