Thread: 9/17 or 9/18 Rocky Mountain National Park Ride

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 9/17 or 9/18 Rocky Mountain National Park Ride

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsTonic View Post
    I'm off work on friday, I may be in for this depending on whether I get my other shit done!
    Hey there, DevilsTonic, looks like I'm going tomorrow (Thursday) but one of the things I've been meaning to do all summer is ride up to Mt. Evans. It's not the greatest ride in the world, but it's not bad and the view up there is pretty good, especially the 2,000 foot sheer vertical cliff thing. First time I visited the peak I didn't even know that was there, just was crawling among the boulders and... WHOA!!!.... I'm looking straight down two thousand feet LOL... So I might run up there Friday morning.

I'm looking forward to the Saturday ride they are planning also, I guess there are two of those.

Another thing I didn't manage to get to this summer that I usually do every year is ride the lift up at copper mountain and then walk down the hill, which takes a few hours. There's little streams in the trees off the trails that look like something from a movie. But I-70 is not much of a fun bike ride. :-) Still, summer's almost gone... next few weeks are my last chance this year.

And who knows, what with my incipient onset of middle-aged fatass remote control syndrome, by next spring I might be part of the couch permanently. I could turn into Jabba the Hut. Gotta grab the rides while I can.

I just know if I don't get some good rides in here pretty quick I'm gonna be kicking myself all winter every time I see the bike in the garage!

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by SaShWhO View Post
    If I never ride across that painfully slow pass ever again I'll die happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Add Independence PAss to the list too.
    Grumpy old men!

It's a good ride, just don't have expectations of going fast. There will be slow traffic and idiots driving around pointing out the window, but it's a good opportunity to see some great sights. I like Trail Ridge, just not on the weekends. Have a good ride!

Board Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsgood View Post
    Hey there, DevilsTonic, looks like I'm going tomorrow (Thursday) but one of the things I've been meaning to do all summer is ride up to Mt. Evans. It's not the greatest ride in the world, but it's not bad and the view up there is pretty good, especially the 2,000 foot sheer vertical cliff thing. First time I visited the peak I didn't even know that was there, just was crawling among the boulders and... WHOA!!!.... I'm looking straight down two thousand feet LOL... So I might run up there Friday morning.
    Robert
    Robert, FYI, Mt. Evans is closed at Summit Lake for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by LaverdaGuy View Post
    Robert, FYI, Mt. Evans is closed at Summit Lake for the season.
    DOH! See what I mean? I already waited too long! LOL

Thanks for the info, LaverdaGuy.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp
    It's a good ride, just don't have expectations of going fast. There will be slow traffic and idiots driving around pointing out the window, but it's a good opportunity to see some great sights. I like Trail Ridge, just not on the weekends. Have a good ride!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by 2wheelsgood; Thu Sep 17th, 2009 at 08:00 AM.