Thread: Police want your $$

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Police want your $$

Quote Originally Posted by Webman View Post
    And why is it that that would change? Why would officers start giving more people breaks, than in the past?
    Those stats were all from the CSP, correct? The CSP has no ticket quota, so any increase in citations is due to an increase in the actual violation of speeding, be it 5-9 over, 10-19 over, etc. I know several officer who have written a 5-9 over ticket instead of a 10-19 over ticket, especially if the violator has a good attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    Those stats were all from the CSP, correct? The CSP has no ticket quota, so any increase in citations is due to an increase in the actual violation of speeding, be it 5-9 over, 10-19 over, etc. I know several officer who have written a 5-9 over ticket instead of a 10-19 over ticket, especially if the violator has a good attitude.
    With all due respect - I just find it hard to believe that some cultural shift happened that changed driving habits to the point where double the number of people were speeding during the same time the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    With all due respect - I just find it hard to believe that some cultural shift happened that changed driving habits to the point where double the number of people were speeding during the same time the following year.
    Maybe. Maybe not. Since those numbers were strictly CSP-related, a 547 citation increase translates to roughly a whopping ONE additional citation per Trooper during the time frame noted. Since it's also 547 citations across the entire State, it's not even a tremendous increase. If those numbers came from a municipality, or even just one CSP Troop, like Troop 2B in Colorado Springs, I would say something is out of the ordinary. But a single additional citation per Trooper throughout the State over the period of time mentioned? Not anything that would make you raise an eyebrows.