Quote Originally Posted by Tylar View Post
I have a 2004 PSD that has 111k and is bone stock. If I ever have a need to do something about the EGR, I'd not delete it....just replace it with an aftermarket redesign. I think we can all agree that when Navistar designed the EGR in the 2004.....they hired a physics flunkie to do it.
I think that's why alot of the Cummins guys just unplug it. That way if you need to turn it back on, it's only a reconnection of the plug. I know alot of guys are doing full on DPF and EGR deletes, which I think is great because once the DPF is gone, there is no need for the EGR. Which if you can get rid of those components it would make the 6.7 run like the 5.9 Cummins.

The only issue with that is, for guys like myself that live within City Limits. We are required to do emissions testing. Now if I lived in the rural part of the county(El Paso), where Emissions is not required, then I'd go all out and junk all of the emissions garbage.

I don't know how it works in other counties, but for El Paso, that's always been the nice thing in that if you live in the county you're not required to do emissions. And it is a nice thing to have, as I have first hand experience. Back in highschool, I had a 1976 F150, with a 1970 302 motor in it. Well in 1970 that particular motor didn't come with emissions, but the 1976 F150 truck did. So the way I got around the emissions testing was I just registered the truck with a friend out in the county and never had to deal with emissions ever again for that truck.