Thread: OLD New Members - Introduce yourselves here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: New Members - Introduce yourselves here

hey hibs are you guard or active? what unit are you going to on buckley afb? im in the guard, but i work full time instead of once a month, and we got quite a few riders here, we are planning some army rides, there are already a few that the old guys do, like sturgis, etc, they are a group of mostly cruisers but us sportbike guys come along and give them a hard time about leather tassles and all that chrome..hahaha
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by usmcab35 View Post
    hey hibs are you guard or active? what unit are you going to on buckley afb? im in the guard, but i work full time instead of once a month, and we got quite a few riders here, we are planning some army rides, there are already a few that the old guys do, like sturgis, etc, they are a group of mostly cruisers but us sportbike guys come along and give them a hard time about leather tassles and all that chrome..hahaha
    Active, I'm a 35S coming from the 741st MI BN at Fort Meade, being assigned to the 743rd MI BN there at Buckley. I've got my hard copy orders all ready, report date of April 30th, got to check in at Carson first then I'll be up at Buckley a day or two later. I've reserved a place on base, and from what they say the E5-E6 housing is pretty nice, 3 bedrooms, deep 2 stall garages, etc. just the description sounds leaps and bounds better then anything they offered me at Meade. Would love to get in with you guys, I've all ways wanted to do sturgis. I hear they are becoming more accepting of the sport bike crowd to.

What's your MOS? You need to tell me more about your AGR slot. My current ETS is late 2013. I've got plans to drop a warrant packet after I get settled there in Buckley, but I would like to keep my options open. An AGR spot or NSA/CIA-govie job would be sweet so I wouldn't ever have to PCS again. My wife and I are both Nebraska natives so we both are looking forward to coming back to the midwest. Would be sweet to be in CO permanently and not just for a 3 year tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs View Post
    Active, I'm a 35S coming from the 741st MI BN at Fort Meade, being assigned to the 743rd MI BN there at Buckley. I've got my hard copy orders all ready, report date of April 30th, got to check in at Carson first then I'll be up at Buckley a day or two later. I've reserved a place on base, and from what they say the E5-E6 housing is pretty nice, 3 bedrooms, deep 2 stall garages, etc. just the description sounds leaps and bounds better then anything they offered me at Meade. Would love to get in with you guys, I've all ways wanted to do sturgis. I hear they are becoming more accepting of the sport bike crowd to.

What's your MOS? You need to tell me more about your AGR slot. My current ETS is late 2013. I've got plans to drop a warrant packet after I get settled there in Buckley, but I would like to keep my options open. An AGR spot or NSA/CIA-govie job would be sweet so I wouldn't ever have to PCS again. My wife and I are both Nebraska natives so we both are looking forward to coming back to the midwest. Would be sweet to be in CO permanently and not just for a 3 year tour.

i got 3 mos's but currently im a 15p(flight ops). Agr is sweet, basicly since everyone is one weekend a month, we are the full time force that keeps everything running, plans training etc. you would have to join the guard and then that jobs pop up here and there and you apply, board and presto, in the guard getting paid active pay. You will like that base housing here, they just built them not to long ago, i looked at the e-5 housing and it was nice. yea if you live on base my work is about 2 mins from you and i will keep you in the loop about when our rides are, and maybe we can meet up on some of the other rides too.
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)