Thread: help with set up

help with set up

ok my bike is still @ factory settings and i wanted to know if anyone knows how to do the bike setup, and if they are willing to help me out i head its like a two person job, ride sits on while the other person mesures the spring rate and such
    R.I.P Bobby
    R.I.P PVT Depew you honored your country well

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Re: help with set up

ok , been to that site but i need 2 friends to help me do the set up cause i am not too good at it and wanted someone there that knows how to do it better than me, any takers??
    R.I.P Bobby

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    If I were a bit closer Will, I would give ya a hand. I personally have never done this, but I've read most all of the articles on how 3 people do this with measurements, etc.

They actually just had this "how-to" in my most recent MOTORCYCLIST.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Oh yeah? How much do you weigh anyway?

Factory "preloads" (the setting that determines sag), are normally setup for riders in the 150 to 160 range. So if you're not too far from that, you might just be able to add a click or two into the forks, and maybe 1 step up in your shock.

My 215 pound ass ran out of preload notches on my shock. (which is probably mostly dead by this point anyway).

G'luck with that, regardless. You might not be too far off though, depending on what you're tippin' the scales at.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Re: help with set up

well i am trying to keep my girlish figure ha ha i weigh about 185 - 190
    R.I.P Bobby

In that case man, throw a few turns of preload into your forks and a couple steps up on your shock, and you'll have your sag a little closer to the 35mm that's commonly recommended.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson