Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CSC Track School: Q & A

Mel you can use some of my canopy probably, but if you have one it takes all of 2 mintues to set up.

Board Newbie

Re: CSC Track School: Q & A

I'll have a EZ up set up if you can't find space. Look for a green Dodge Ram diesel, red enclosed trailer with VA plates - NGTIVGS, and a red and black Ducati 999, number 99.

heheh it's so cool that you're here now! I hope to stop by the track Friday, but it'll be much later in the day. I really wanna see that 999 all track pimped out though! Will your positive half be there?

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    Back off Jenny, he's my friend!
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

We can SHARE, DAVE!!!

Hmmm back on topic...what time will Bob be kicking everyone off the track? How late are people gonna be there?

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby

It isn't Bob's track on Friday, guys. If you rented the facility, you can run it til you're done, though nothing can be going after dusk. We ran R2SL there from 7am until it got dark.

It isn't like the MRA goes cold at 5pm on the dot either, we keep bikes going until we finish. This should be no different. However remember that your instructors are going to have a long day and won't stick around all evening either, so you may be on your own.

It's up to the guy who wrote the check for the track. Daytona needs to communicate with Bob as to what he wants to do, but it should be up to him.

Don't know if this has been asked or addressed yet...But, will there be a compressor available we can use for tire pressure adjustment? I've got a pressure gauge, nothing special, and I know some people have the high tech pressure gauges
    justin at jackmoves dot com
    http://repo.jackmoves.com/bike

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="229400
    It isn't Bob's track on Friday, guys. If you rented the facility, you can run it til you're done, though nothing can be going after dusk. We ran R2SL there from 7am until it got dark.

It isn't like the MRA goes cold at 5pm on the dot either, we keep bikes going until we finish. This should be no different. However remember that your instructors are going to have a long day and won't stick around all evening either, so you may be on your own.

It's up to the guy who wrote the check for the track. Daytona needs to communicate with Bob as to what he wants to do, but it should be up to him.
    As far as track time - I originally thought that we had the track until sundown, but we don't. We have the track until 5pm. Yea, I probably should have raised a little fuss, and tried to get a discounted rate, but thats the way it worked out.

Porsche Club of America has an event all weekend long and starting at 5pm Friday night, they will be moving in and starting to set up.

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
    2004 Triumph Daytona 955i SE (sold)
    1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 (RIP)

save $5 on your SmugMug subscription - use coupon code RzTdQ4pMyqEuU - www.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by justinCO";p="229450
    Don't know if this has been asked or addressed yet...But, will there be a compressor available we can use for tire pressure adjustment? I've got a pressure gauge, nothing special, and I know some people have the high tech pressure gauges
    TK Motorsports will be onsite doing trackside support. They will fuel for sale (the good stuff! Yea!) and they will be doing some trackside tire changes for anyone that needs it (as long as you don't have a single-side swingarm like me). So, I assume they will have a compressor for air.

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

save $5 on your SmugMug subscription - use coupon code RzTdQ4pMyqEuU - www.smugmug.com

Board Newbie

I'll also have a compressor with me if anyone needs air.

So, what time is the gate opening for us early birds?

I think we can start setting up as early as 7 or 8. Check with Ralph (rforsyth). He is going to talk with Bob from SCR to find out what time he will open the gates and possibly get the keys so we can get in early to setup. I'm planning on leaving Boulder at about 7am and getting there by 8am. The actual track school (I think) starts at 9. I may try to get there earlier if I can get everyone up and ready in time.

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

I'll have something posted here for when you can show up, around 9pm tonight. Check back then.

I'll also have my compressor, probably near the TK truck. My guess is TK and I will both be set up near the track entrance, in by the track trailer.

Cool deal on the compressor(s).

Looking forward to it, just wish I could afford a set of race tires..never rode on any before

Loopty
    Why don't you buy a set of race take-offs? You can usually find them from $50+ per set. Plenty of tread and traction left for the average track guy...
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

I have a set of Michelin race take offs that I'd sell you for $50. Plenty of life on them...

Let me know!

RR
    MRA#16
    2011 MRA Track Marshal
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech

Ahh, didn't even think about take-offs. Ray, can you bring those tomorrow? I might take you up on them afterall and see if I can get em mounted by TK.

Where would one buy take-offs these days anyway? Last time I bought race take-offs was a few years ago from the old DiscountTire shop on kipling...

Thx for the info.

Generally you buy race takeoffs from racers... Keep an eye on the forsale forum here, sets pop up from time to time. I should have a set of Power Race (Michelin) takeoffs after PPIR as well.

I also have two sets of Pilot Power tires for sale right now. These are street tires, but are like entry level race tires in terms of stickiness and capability. They also don't take 1-2 laps to warm up, and last longer. One set is new at $260 (tax included), other set has 16 laps on them so they still have 95% of the life in them, selling those for $200.

Loopty
    Ask pretty much any racer, they will have them. I have a few sets of BT002's if you're interested.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Yep, I'll bring them with me....
    MRA#16
    2011 MRA Track Marshal
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar
    Is there someone who has and can bring some anti fog stuff for visors? I am not gonna make to anywhere tonight to get some, and I was having a hard time on Tuesday night with my visor fogging.

Also, which entrance should we use to get into the track tomorrow morning? On tuesday the 88th entrance was the only one open , i went flying past and had to flip a u turn with a trailer....
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

I have some sweet anti-fog stuff.

Lurch
    MRA #retired

The white gates off Buckley will be open.

I am getting there at 7am. Under NO circumstances will any bikes go on the track before 8am, however you can get there between 7-8 to set up if you like.