Thread: Triple Nickel (HWY 555) Ohio

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Triple Nickel (HWY 555) Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
    Have a good ride. If you have a chance, let us know your impressions. There are other sweet roads in the area as well. Could easily make it an overnighter. Athens is ground zero for much of the riding action in the area. Marietta on the Ohio River would be at the south end. Could make your way there, then return.
    Definitely. I will take pictures and post them. It looks like I will have to spend a couple days down in the southern part. Since it took me longer then expected to do services on my bike, I will head down that way Monday and spend the night.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCBX View Post
    I'm from Ohio but not familiar with 555. We used to LOVE riding Rt 646 (in the east) back in the day. There are some surprisingly good roads in the eastern hills of Ohio. 646 has a lot of twists and sweepers. It was repaved 2 years ago too. We rode it after the repave and it was a blast.
    555 is down in the same general direction as 646, but west of 646. Like I said before I am gonna do an over night trip down in southern part, so I will check out 646. I looked at it an google maps it looks legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cars-R-Coffins View Post
    555 is an awesome road. Many of the roads ending up in Marietta are a blast. Also check out some of the roads heading east out of Ohio into PA and WV. If you get a chance hit the road that runs through The Wilds, it's a great road. Not much traffic, not many cops make SE Ohio roads some of the best in the country.
    I will be heading south on Monday for an overnight trip to check out these roads. Yea, I have noticed cops are nothing like back in Colorado here. Yesterday cars were flying by a cop on the freeway and he did nothing. Also, from talking to a mc guy yesterday, he said that the cops don't really harass bikes here.

The only curve I got by my house is Dead Man's Curve, it's one 35mph on the freeway. I rode it a couple times yesterday. It is sad that when I went through the first time a sportbike rider behind me gave me a thumps up as he putt through it and sped by on the straightaway.

I will let y'all know how it is and if there are any other places that are a must in SE part of Ohio while I am down that way let me know, because I am on vacation and open to all suggestions.

Thanks.

TJ
    Last edited by Concabar; Sat Jun 18th, 2011 at 01:09 PM.
    Imma girl....so what! What's your next question?