Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Workout Supplements - Pre and Post

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Re: Workout Supplements - Pre and Post

Quote Originally Posted by puckstr View Post
    Creatine make me angry and hard to live with. My lady baned me from taking that stuff.

On another note: I just got in my Slendertone AB Flex belt. You know the ones on the infomercials. I got one from China for $25 with shipping included. Unpacked it charged it overnight, and this morning tried it out.

Holy Shit this sucker makes for some hard AB contractions. 7 different workout modes, light weight, and quality construction make this a great $25 dollar purchase. So far I am amazed and I am looking forward to see what the results will be.
    You may want to try the gun power then it doesnt have a load of creatine in it its mostly nitric oxide to help the blood flow in order to give you a better pump and other amino acids to help your recovery.

I've been using MRI Black Powder as a pre-workout drink. It works great with only 200mg of caffeine.

As for creatine, check out the new stuff. Creatine Hydrochloride. It doesn't cause water retention and will help with muscle build and recovery. I take GNC Amplified Creatine 189. 1 pill before and 1 pill after workout.
    Casey D

Quote Originally Posted by Survivalism View Post
    Interesting you had trouble sleeping, i did not experience that with my first dose, if i can pull myself together to workout today like i should ill report back on that.
    Took it again last night. Was up at 5am yesterday and didnt get to bed till 4 this morning. Workout was fuckin awesome though I'm gonna swith to morning workouts

Quote Originally Posted by dragos13 View Post
    I've been using MRI Black Powder as a pre-workout drink. It works great with only 200mg of caffeine.

As for creatine, check out the new stuff. Creatine Hydrochloride. It doesn't cause water retention and will help with muscle build and recovery. I take GNC Amplified Creatine 189. 1 pill before and 1 pill after workout.
    I take the GNC amplified as well. Been on it for a while. No bloat, no loading, and good results.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, Hi-Health, or just about any other place that sells supplements.

My only complaint is I couldnt sleep that night.
    I made the mistake of taking it and working out after 7pm...didn't even feel like going to bed until 2am and even then it was a rough night. Switched to morning lifting with and evening cardio without and sleep pretty damn good.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Weird, I've never had any sleeping problems from Jack3d; take it at 4:30pm, asleep by 10:00pm.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Weird, I've never had any sleeping problems from Jack3d; take it at 4:30pm, asleep by 10:00pm.
    Asleep by 10? Damn I'm prob younger than you and Im asleep by 8 30

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    lol, 18 going on 65?

Metabolisms are very curious things. As with everything, mileage might vary.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Wow, that is early for a guy that is 26. I don't know I am up by 6:30, so getting 8 1/2 hours.

Looked into Gun Powder, but at a $80 price tag not sure I can afford that with how much I am in the gym.

We should try to meet up one day to lift and see if we can help eachother out. Currently at 6 days a week with Sat only day off; at Belleview and Santa Fe 24 Hour M-F 5-6:30 religiously!

Wow, that is early for a guy that is 26. I don't know I am up by 6:30, so getting 8 1/2 hours.

Looked into Gun Powder, but at a $80 price tag not sure I can afford that with how much I am in the gym.

We should try to meet up one day to lift and see if we can help eachother out. Currently at 6 days a week with Sat only day off; at Belleview and Santa Fe 24 Hour M-F 5-6:30 religiously!
    Yea we may be able to do a few days at your gym im asleep so early cause my kid is in bed at 7 and im up at 4:40am to hit the gym in the morning. You should consider the gun powder man its good stuff! and you dont have to do a full scoop. I workout twice a day once in the morning then once after work so i just take half a scoop in the morning half in the afternoon and im just fine.

Yea we may be able to do a few days at your gym im asleep so early cause my kid is in bed at 7 and im up at 4:40am to hit the gym in the morning. You should consider the gun powder man its good stuff! and you dont have to do a full scoop. I workout twice a day once in the morning then once after work so i just take half a scoop in the morning half in the afternoon and im just fine.
    Cool, I am pretty much stuck to workout afterwork since I work M-F, so let me know when it works; if not I am also there on Sundays mid morning.

I'll have to see if I can get a sample pack of Gun Powder first to see how it effects me; I really think pre-workouts effect people differently. I've never had any issues with Jack3D and prefer the low caffeine (less than 100mg) and I know it has given me gains even if it was just to give me extra energy to workout harder. I've been aware for a while that Jack3d has a lot of stimulants in it, but I've never had any side effects and I actually get worse side effects from high levels of caffeine that some pre-workouts have (bad headaches). A bit shocked a pre-workout is going for $80 though...that is more than pro-hormones! Hopefully it will get more popular and bring the price down.

Quote Originally Posted by puckstr View Post
    Creatine make me angry and hard to live with. My lady baned me from taking that stuff.

On another note: I just got in my Slendertone AB Flex belt. You know the ones on the infomercials. I got one from China for $25 with shipping included. Unpacked it charged it overnight, and this morning tried it out.

Holy Shit this sucker makes for some hard AB contractions. 7 different workout modes, light weight, and quality construction make this a great $25 dollar purchase. So far I am amazed and I am looking forward to see what the results will be.
    Interested in this; I have a cheap system that uses the two pads and my abs have got sore from that before.

Puckstr, where did you get this for $25???
    Amazon is showing $110.00; hook a brother up!
    http://www.amazon.com/Slendertone-Me.../dp/B0006JJFOC

Cool, I am pretty much stuck to workout afterwork since I work M-F, so let me know when it works; if not I am also there on Sundays mid morning.

I'll have to see if I can get a sample pack of Gun Powder first to see how it effects me; I really think pre-workouts effect people differently. I've never had any issues with Jack3D and prefer the low caffeine (less than 100mg) and I know it has given me gains even if it was just to give me extra energy to workout harder. I've been aware for a while that Jack3d has a lot of stimulants in it, but I've never had any side effects and I actually get worse side effects from high levels of caffeine that some pre-workouts have (bad headaches). A bit shocked a pre-workout is going for $80 though...that is more than pro-hormones! Hopefully it will get more popular and bring the price down.
    Yea its pretty steep but well worth the price. If you go to max muscle they will let you sample it. And the gun powder doesnt have much caffeine in it. Also as far as gains i started taking the gun powder on thurs slacked off and didnt lift on saturday but i did gain 2.3 lbs since thurs and my weight stays very very steady unless im taking something. We can shoot for this sunday if thats ok with you ill call your 24 hour and see if they will let me slide for one day since i already have a membership to two of their sports.

That GunPowder looks good. Not much info on the ingredients though. What kind of creatine is it? Any caffeine? $80 is steep.

That GunPowder looks good. Not much info on the ingredients though. What kind of creatine is it? Any caffeine? $80 is steep.
    yea theres a little bit of caffeine not much though ill take a pic of the ingredients and post it for you guys when i get home!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121909941

The only thing that worries me is a lot of time places like Max Muscle is going to push a product that they make the most profit on or are in partnership with that company. I don't see much in here that hasn't been in other PW for years; especially for $80.

EDIT: Proprietary Blend, so we will never know exactly what is in it to compare
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Jun 27th, 2011 at 11:32 AM.

Di creatine malate...isnt that just monohydrate? Only thing I see that this has over Jack3d is glutamine. You can supplement glutamine on top of jacked for less that $80

Wonder how much caffeine is in the "proprietary blend"

What do you guys eat pre-workout? Last couple weeks I have been finding myself running out of steam near the 2/3 point in my workout. I'm thinking I need to get some more energy into my system prior to. Any suggestions?
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    What do you guys eat pre-workout? Last couple weeks I have been finding myself running out of steam near the 2/3 point in my workout. I'm thinking I need to get some more energy into my system prior to. Any suggestions?
    When i workout in the morning im just running on my gun powder pre workout shake but in the afternoon i eat these nature valley chewy trail mix bars the fruit and nut ones that def help me out you can buy em in bulk at sams or small boxes anywhere. evem single bars in gas stations. but everyone is different i also eat about 5 times a day so....

When i workout in the morning im just running on my gun powder pre workout shake but in the afternoon i eat these nature valley chewy trail mix bars the fruit and nut ones that def help me out you can buy em in bulk at sams or small boxes anywhere. evem single bars in gas stations. but everyone is different i also eat about 5 times a day so....
    Yeah I eat every three hours +/-. Just feeling like I need a bit more endurance to make it through my workout. Granted, Jack3D has me pushing pretty hard for 90 minutes or so, I might just need to scale back a bit.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Yeah I eat every three hours +/-. Just feeling like I need a bit more endurance to make it through my workout. Granted, Jack3D has me pushing pretty hard for 90 minutes or so, I might just need to scale back a bit.
    Try throwing in some noodles in your lunch carbs will def help you out.

My pre workout shake consists of a baked sweet potato, milk, protein powder, and peanut butter. Blend it all up and it's pretty tastey. Lotta good starchy carbs. Sweet taters are loaded with good shit. Post work out I go with a protein shake and some white grape juice to restore glycogen.

^^^

Im not gonna lie man im kinda pissed i dont have your Forum name cause that shit cracks me up every time i see it!

What I have found works best for me is to eat a late lunch instead of eating before working out. So at about 2:30 (I eat every two hours non-stop till then) so when I get home about 4:30 I take my preworkout like Jack3d and am not really hungry still because of the late lunch, but my stomach is also empty enough for the preworkout drink to work. If I start to feel hungry during my workout I just pound water.

Pretty much right when I get done working out I mix frozen fruit with a protein shake as I am starving at that point. I’ve tried eating before working out and it always makes me feel full in the gym or doesn’t allow the preworkout to work well..