Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Saturday

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by BC14 View Post
    Totally.. Baggers only...
    I'm a Tea-Bagger, that count?
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    I'm a Tea-Bagger, that count?

on the receiving end....wait don't answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    on the receiving end....wait don't answer that.
    Actually, I meant politics. For the other, it's better to be the teabagger than the teabaggee. Besides, I'm more of a "Potato-Sacker".......
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Actually, I meant politics. For the other, it's better to be the teabagger than the teabaggee. Besides, I'm more of a "Potato-Sacker".......
    nice save

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    nice save
    Always.....

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

unlike my save yesterday....

oooo...too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    Hey now! Nakeds aren't allowed? Darn!
    I can make a few exceptions, on a case by case basis
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    unlike my save yesterday....

oooo...too soon?
    HA if someone laughs it's never too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerup175 View Post
    Man oh man just checked the bike out in the garage sad day indeed. No damage to me though so all is well. For the record I do know what im doing on my bike...probly the reason no one was in my rear view and me and vellos where just crusing along. You dont keep up with people by blind luck if you have never done it before. Body positoon, throttle manipultation, engine stopping I know it all..I am no pro not by a long shot but I wouldnt be up there if I didnt know how to do those things. I would have been upright like a giant penis wondering why my bike doesnt turn. Everyone makes mistakes. I took a turn to wide hit the dirt and went splat. It is what it is. Pro's on bikes, cars w/e wreck everyday. Thats how I ride, to the max and if I go down then so be it but its the cost I take to be good at something. I jump out of planes and get shot at for a living so dropping a bike isnt really a big deal as long as no one else gets hurt. As far as gear goes its a personal choice, I can wear a thousand dollar set of leathers and fly of a cliff and be the best rider in the world. Or ride naked and make it unmarked. I simply made the underdressed comment bc it looked like everyone came to a race not a ride. You guys think its young errogance, well im 28 not 21 and have been in way worse situations than that of a canyon ride. As soon as I get my new bike i will be right back out there and right back in the front doing what I do...and If you dont want to ride with me then stay in the back and play it safe. Its not who I am. If I make it all day and go home Im a "good" rider for keeping up with the ppl in front...but bc a simple mistake and a lay down im a "noob" and 20 something hero. Anyway, everyone has there own opinion, not looking to bash anyone here. Id rather die at 190 with my balls out than choke on a grape watching oprah on the couch.
    Live fast die free...Ill be back
    Side note it was one of the best runs ive been on. Beats the shit out of flat georgia roads dodging aligators and mequitos. Thanks for putting it together. Glad other dude is ok.
    attitudes like that are why I have been on 1 CSC ride in my years of being on this board. You now whats funny? I read your post and thought to myself..."I bet this guy is an Army Airborne Ranger." It wasnt till I scrolled down and saw your member name and I started laughing. Thanks for your service and with an attitude like yours you give other Rangers a bad name.

I was in the same parking lot in the AM, saw all you guys, I have bags, and I enjoyed my ride at the speed limit nicely thank you very much.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by rangerup175 View Post
    Man oh man just checked the bike out in the garage sad day indeed. No damage to me though so all is well. For the record I do know what im doing on my bike...probly the reason no one was in my rear view and me and vellos where just crusing along. You dont keep up with people by blind luck if you have never done it before. Body positoon, throttle mangipultation, engine stopping I know it all..I am no pro not by a long shot but I wouldnt be up there if I didnt know how to do those things. I would have been upright like a giant penis wondering why my bike doesnt turn. Everyone makes mistakes. I took a turn to wide hit the dirt and went splat. It is what it is. Pro's on bikes, cars w/e wreck everyday. Thats how I ride, to the max and if I go down then so be it but its the cost I take to be good at something. I jump out of planes and get shot at for a living so dropping a bike isnt really a big deal as long as no one else gets hurt. As far as gear goes its a personal choice, I can wear a thousand dollar set of leathers and fly of a cliff and be the best rider in the world. Or ride naked and make it unmarked. I simply made the underdressed comment bc it looked like everyone came to a race not a ride. You guys think its young errogance, well im 28 not 21 and have been in way worse situations than that of a canyon ride. As soon as I get my new bike i will be right back out there and right back in the front doing what I do...and If you dont want to ride with me then stay in the back and play it safe. Its not who I am. If I make it all day and go home Im a "good" rider for keeping up with the ppl in front...but bc a simple mistake and a lay down im a "noob" and 20 something hero. Anyway, everyone has there own opinion, not looking to bash anyone here. Id rather die at 190 with my balls out than choke on a grape watching oprah on the couch.
    Live fast die free...Ill be back
    Side note it was one of the best runs ive been on. Beats the shit out of flat georgia roads dodging aligators and mequitos. Thanks for putting it together. Glad other dude is ok.
    Wow...so having lunasgixxer flashbacks. Apparently you still have a lot to prove to the world. Bummer.
    Last edited by bornwildnfree; Sun Jul 3rd, 2011 at 09:27 PM.
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

I enjoyed riding with everyone and rode my own pace and ended up in the back, but had lots of fun. Look forward to joining up again, Rangerup 175 and David,, hope all is well, see you on the rode again.
    When I die I want to go to Heaven, just don't want to do it real soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTIAN COWBOY View Post
    I enjoyed riding with everyone and rode my own pace and ended up in the back, but had lots of fun. Look forward to joining up again, Rangerup 175 and David,, hope all is well, see you on the rode again.
    except for the being in the back part!!!
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    except for the being in the back part!!!

better than getting it in the "back" side.

joe

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Swift's Avatar

Outlawd, I'm sorry to hear about your mishap following Ranger's accident. I hope to ride with you again soon. You, the fellow on the 675, and I were keeping a pretty good pace together going towards Nederland.

Ranger. Chalk it up as a learning experience. You may be back again, but how you ride from this point forward determines how long you will stay shiny side up. I've had many crashes from riding in the dirt, thankfully none on the street. That is primarily down to the fact that I know my limits, especially on a tired old boxer twin BMW that's seen more miles than most of the sport bikes here. Don't ever ride with the mentality that you won't crash. I always ride with the thought that I can crash at any moment. That fear keeps me from riding foolishly or beyond my limits. I know at some point or another its very possible that I will eventually eat pavement, but as long as I continue to ride like anything can happen and to be cautious of that, my chances of a crash will be less likely.
    2003 BMW R1150R - For Sale - PM for details
    2007 BMW 328Xi Coupe - The Cage

Quote Originally Posted by HpiRally>HippyRob View Post
    better than getting it in the "back" side.

joe
    Hahaha... Very true!!!!
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Outlawd, I'm sorry to hear about your mishap following Ranger's accident. I hope to ride with you again soon. You, the fellow on the 675, and I were keeping a pretty good pace together going towards Nederland.

Ranger. Chalk it up as a learning experience. You may be back again, but how you ride from this point forward determines how long you will stay shiny side up. I've had many crashes from riding in the dirt, thankfully none on the street. That is primarily down to the fact that I know my limits, especially on a tired old boxer twin BMW that's seen more miles than most of the sport bikes here. Don't ever ride with the mentality that you won't crash. I always ride with the thought that I can crash at any moment. That fear keeps me from riding foolishly or beyond my limits. I know at some point or another its very possible that I will eventually eat pavement, but as long as I continue to ride like anything can happen and to be cautious of that, my chances of a crash will be less likely.

And remember to bring your sticks with you when you ride in boulder!

Board Newbie

Outlawd, real bummer about the bags. I enjoyed chasing you up to Central City.

Swift, that Bemmer gets along just fine down the road. I'm the guy on the 675.
    ---
    '08 Triumph Daytona 675 SE

Dave, sorry to hear you went down.

From a racers perspective, this thread is pretty pathetic. I can count on one hand the number of people on this board who I actually consider competent riders.

Riding your own ride has nothing to do with actually learning how to ride. Bragging about dragging toe sliders is a prime example. I can drag toe sliders at 15 mph in a parking lot with terrible body position.
    Last edited by vort3xr6; Mon Jul 4th, 2011 at 12:30 PM.

Haha! Yeah, but Stoner questions Rossi's abilities so...

As a non-racer, I think there are a lot of competent riders in this club. But there are a lot of young guys trying to claim a piece of the Savannah also and they are bound to falter. I really don't care if they do unless they cause me or my friends or anyone else to crash, which happened on the ride in question.

Well you can't blame him for anyone else going down in this case, in my opinion. I didn't blame anyone for when I went down cause "I was distracted" by the plume of dust lol and pieces flying everywhere. No one but you is controlling your bike. If he was directly responsible (crashing into etc.) then yeah. Glad everyone was ok.

Oh yeah I should explain myself before anyone starts thinking I've changed my story (has nothing to do with this ride, I didn't even go) lol. People I'm talking to know what I'm talking about. I initially was distracted while in the corner, but I made the commitment to go off the road when I saw the accident (just not that hard, wasn't expecting the rocks). So no I'm not changing my story to I missed the turn cause I target fixated, just saying haha.
    Last edited by BlueRanger; Mon Jul 4th, 2011 at 01:18 PM.
    91 FZR 600
    82 Custom XV750

'16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

yeah, I'm just blathering anyway

Whatever B-Rad, you can't ride either.

Seriously, who needs Fox prime time? This shit is gold!

Vellos, host more rides!
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.