Thread: How Safe is Japan for MotoGP ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How Safe is Japan for MotoGP ?

Basically, a radiation report. Conclusion is Motegi has less radiation than Rome or Madrid IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Jorge can stay home and suck himself.

After all that's happened Japan needs this to show that they're making their way out of the aftermath. Any rider too pussy to show up and race doesn't deserve any amount of sympathy.
    You're kidding, right?
    Fukushima Daiichi plant was upgraded to a 7 out of 7, (Major Accident). 3 reactor meltdowns with the anticipation of up to 20 years to find/contain the materials!
    This slow moving Chernobyl has been down played to the sheeple just as the Gulf oil spill!
    In the beginning of this month, NHK reported how a TEPCO worker found 700 tons of highly radioactive water in the basement of a facility building.
    Fukushima has not been contained and continues to poison our planet.
    Swallow the "everything's under control" buffet if you want, but I will be picky.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptGoodvibes View Post
    Basically, a radiation report. Conclusion is Motegi has less radiation than Rome or Madrid IIRC.
    The wind blows, rain pours and ocean currants shift all the time. Expecting this radiation report to settle nerves is just ludicrous. However, I'm not a nucular expert, and I can read the increase radiation levels on the west coast, since the Fukushima disaster occurred, to realize the magnitude of the situation.
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post
    The wind blows, rain pours and ocean currants shift all the time. Expecting this radiation report to settle nerves is just ludicrous. However, I'm not a nucular expert, and I can read the increase radiation levels on the west coast, since the Fukushima disaster occurred, to realize the magnitude of the situation.
    "nuclear"

Well, the report was written by experts...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGoodvibes View Post
    "nuclear"

Well, the report was written by experts...
    Good to see someone has reading comprehension. I was wondering if -anyone- would catch it.

Too many experts have been paid to tell a story.
    The testing was done quite awhile ago now. If the wind shifts toward the track, this report was only good for the day of the test.
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath

Good to see someone has reading comprehension. I was wondering if -anyone- would catch it.

The testing was done quite awhile ago now. If the wind shifts toward the track, this report was only good for the day of the test.
    I don't think you read the report. The testing - which concluded 21 days ago - was over a two week period and included sampling of vegetation as well as air and meat. Radiation is less than Rome or Madrid. The experts are from Italy so they cannot be as biased as a Japanese company would.

What is your expertise if I might ask?

You sound a bit paranoid. It's obvious to me none of your statements are based on facts, just hysteria.

There are not "clouds of radiation" spewing from the plant to be blown on the wind. That's just SciFi bullshit. The fact is there are pockets of high radiation at the plants, but that material is not going anywhere.

And I do know what I'm talking about. I've been in the nuclear business for almost 30 years. My statements are based on science and the facts about the event that I receive daily.

Bottom-line, Motegi is safe no matter which direction the wind blows. However, if you don't want to believe the facts just stay out of Japan - just like Casey Stoner.
    2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 (SOLD)
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Stupidity should be painful.