Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hwy 24 from Springs to Woodland Park, CO RD 25 and back, 8-31-11, NOW

Re: Hwy 24 from Springs to Woodland Park, CO RD 25 and back, 8-31-11, NOW

I ride a ninja 250 in the intermediate group and my wife is doing her first day on her 250 and she is extremely conservative. She will be in beginner and has learned that she is never in anyone's way if she rides predictable and holds her line. There is some awesome instruction available at Chicane free for the new riders that you can't get at normal lapping days.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    El Paso County has a reputation of not plea dealing.
    That may or may not be the case. The 6+ year old tickets won't be an issue. I've had several tickets over the years and every one of them involved a reduction to half the points (except the 40 over).

Last month I had to go to the Colorado Springs court for a 17 over speeding ticket (my insurance card had expired so it required a court appearance).

When I spoke with the Dep DA she told me that they didn't reduce the points and that to settle today would be the full 4 points, fine and court cost (which are about $70 now... they were $10 last time I had to go).

I argued for a bit but eventually said fine. When she printed out the plea agreement for me to sign it was reduced to 1 point and fine reduced to $70 (plus court cost). I'm not sure if she was cutting me a break or if the computer automatically reduces it.

When you go I would recommend getting the free parking off Vermijo and Nevada. I used the parking meter and put my 2 hours in. Once your in and waiting you can't really get up to put money in the meter. They make a big deal about how if you're not there when they call your name (which is called in random) they'll move you to the back of the line and you'll be there all day). Ended up being at the courthouse for 3 and a half and came out to another $25 parking ticket.

You're probably going to be looking at 6-8 points, $500 or more. Manitou does a driving class and Park County does community service. I've only had fines up the ass with Colorado Springs. On the bright side CSP's tickets are "cheaper" since they don't have to add in the extra fines for city ordences.

I'm SLOW and pretty conservative- and my first Chicane experience this past June was such a blast. Small learning groups in the Beginner's Session, each one assigned to an instructor. My Never-Ever group consisted of only me and 50sgrl, and the cost was well-worth it.

Highly recommend Chicane Track Days. There is no issue with "keeping up."
    '09 Duc Monster 696
    '00 Suz SV650 (Dad's, garaged with mine)
    I like mountains because they make me feel small.

Re: I'm in Springs today, let's ride today or tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Ya all the time (I live in PW). I've got the only Copper SV that I've seen, and it's distinct enough. Plus I'll be the retard wearing blue gear. So it probably was me! I go to the lake a lot, but I never take my bike. People like to steal sh!t out there, so be careful!

yeah i go to the res every thurs/fri to monday to fish relax all weekend. ive probably seen you a good few times. im usually wearing a backpack with my fishing setup sticking out the top. not hard to miss a sportbike ready to go fishing or rather on the way to fishing. keep it shiny side up. see ya round.