Thread: The Coolest Toy Ever!!

The Coolest Toy Ever!!

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/f14model.html

Has got to be one of the baddest and coolest things I have ever seen. I'd almost trade my bike in on one of these... almost

Everytime I flew it I'd have to set out a boombox and blast the Top Gun soundtrack just to really make myself feel good... HAHA

Re: The Coolest Toy Ever!!

Highway to the danger zone.......

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Haha....
    That is pimp.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I was at the Miramar Air Show in San Diego last year, and this guy had one of those. It was awesome until it collided with a bird then it was just a big fireball. The wreck was awesome too. I felt sorry for the guy until he said he goes through 3-4 a year because of birds.
    If hooking a Hadji's ball's up to a car battery saves another fellow soldiers life; then i have two things to say!
    1. Red is Positive
    2. Black is Negative

Quote Originally Posted by RReddnek81";p="236799
    I was at the Miramar Air Show in San Diego last year, and this guy had one of those. It was awesome until it collided with a bird then it was just a big fireball. The wreck was awesome too. I felt sorry for the guy until he said he goes through 3-4 a year because of birds.

Did he by chance mention how much they cost? If he goes through 3 or 4 they might not be too much, or he just has alot of money to spend. I always wanted to get into RC planes just never really cared for the old style prop planes. They are nice, but as always I've got a need for speed even with toys so I'd love to have a jet powered one. Either way that has got to be the coolest RC plane I've ever seen..
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

That is one of my hobbies. I flew the first real turbine powered RC jet in Colorado in June 1998.
    That Jet in the video would cost $20-$30 K ready to fly not counting any money for your labor.
    Alot of people have more money than skill,just like bikes!

Nat
    2006 ZX-14 RED Sold
    2008 ZX-14 Midnight Sapphire Blue Metallic (Almost black)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider";p="237350
    That is one of my hobbies. I flew the first real turbine powered RC jet in Colorado in June 1998.
    That Jet in the video would cost $20-$30 K ready to fly not counting any money for your labor.
    Alot of people have more money than skill,just like bikes!

Nat

Excellent man. That's a great hobby to be into. I've always wanted to do something with jets ever since I was a child. Always wanted to go to the Air Force or Navy and fly jets. Looks like this would be the closest I'd ever get to fulfulling a dream.

I kind of figured that a plane like that would be around $30k. I feel its worth it though. The sheer grin factor would be worth to me. I wouldn't mind saving up for something like. I would definetely get into RC flying and work my way up to the level that plane commanded. I think it would be something that you could enjoy at any point in your life at any age.

From now until I got old I still think that flying a RC jet like that, would rule!!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Here is a link to a site that sells jets great starter site and alot keeper than 1k.

http://www.rcjets.com/bp-menu.htm
    Love to Love me or Love to Hate me either way you Love me.

Quote Originally Posted by CHuck U Farley";p="237356
    Here is a link to a site that sells jets great starter site and alot keeper than 1k.

These look like ducted fans - the vid looks like a real turbine engine complete with flame.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight";p="237359
    Quote Originally Posted by CHuck U Farley";p="237356

These look like ducted fans - the vid looks like a real turbine engine complete with flame.
    I didn't watch the whole video but, that is a ducted fan. Watch the start up. Turbines require propane, compressed air, and a computer to start up. I used to be into this pretty hard core and even had an F-14. You can get a real nice ducted fan for under $5,000. The turbines are over $5,000 just for the engine. I got out of the hobbie because of the expense and crashes. So, now what do I do... I spend even more money and it's ME that crashes!!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M