Thread: ride monday?

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Re: ride monday?

Quote Originally Posted by ImortalUK View Post
    Saturday then?
    Hells yea I'll start a thread!

Quote Originally Posted by mauser72 View Post
    Had a good ride today weather turned out nice (I hope I passed the "does he ride like a dumbass test"). Doug sorry about your buell man but just remember that thing is replaceable I'm glad you came out better than your bike did
    Thanks Clint...! After getting the bike back yesterday I headed to the hospital and just got out a couple hours ago... Sprained ankle, dislocated thumb, bruised ribs, and broke 2 spino process's from my C4 & C5 vertebra...
    Needless to say, but I am okay, sorry for the trouble to all of you...

A special thanks out to Clovis, Radek & Geno...

Had a good ride today weather turned out nice (I hope I passed the "does he ride like a dumbass test"). Doug sorry about your buell man but just remember that thing is replaceable I'm glad you came out better than your bike did
    Quote Originally Posted by Genoru View Post
    I think last position is the best, no worries about someone running into you from behind. I like being the sweeper, especially when people wait up at turn offs.
    Even though some people ride slower than me I don't mind it. Plus I get to see all the crazy stuff that people do sometimes.
    Doug's relative didn't meet us at boulder, and we tried to give her some directions from Nederland but she ended up in Blackhawk, just now I was able to get to a computer and give her the right directions. Hope she finds him soon.
    nice riding with you all.
    Thanks for the help Geno..!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Do'Urden View Post
    It was a fantastic ride for me. Worked out some minor jitters early on and enjoyed the heck out of the rest of the day. The S3 is proving to be more fun than the SV was.

Nice gettin' back out with some of you folks again.

Heal up, Doug. It was real nice meeting you. I hope the thumb doesn't turn out to be broken....

Thanks Kyle..!

Quote Originally Posted by ImortalUK View Post
    Saturday then?
    I am in. You guys will need someone slow at the back to get picked off by the cops so you can get away.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMER View Post
    Thanks Clint...! After getting the bike back yesterday I headed to the hospital and just got out a couple hours ago... Sprained ankle, dislocated thumb, bruised ribs, and broke 2 spino process's from my C4 & C5 vertebra...

Just glad you're alive man, shit happens. Hope you have a speedy recovery man.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    You know, I was wondering what happened to you guys. Everyone took off except for me and that guy from the Czechoslovakia that tagged along in Lyons. We were under the impression some people from the group would be coming back with Doug's mom (the truck).

After around 3 hours of waiting we decided there was never a link up with her and you guys weren't coming back. I rode to Nederlands and found her and then rode back to the crash site to load the bike into the back of the truck. We finally got out of there at 5PM.

What was supposed to be waiting for 1 hour turned into 4 hours. I LOVE riding home through unfamiliar mountain roads when the sun is going down and I had already been out since 7:30AM. By then I was starving and exhausted. I ended up getting home almost exactly 12 hours after I left this morning. Thanks guys!!

I think I'm done with random large group CSC rides. There's always at least 1 riding past his limits trying to run with the big boys. This shit always happens every time and I'm too much of a nice guy to just leave them there. (Hell, my wife and I once got tickets when we stopped to help a complete stranger. Rather the cops gave everyone in that squid group a non-moving ticket and assumed we were with them. We just happened to be riding by and stopped to help).

I'm going to stick with riding with my CSC super friends. We ride at a safe but very fun pace and don't crash.
    Thanks so much for the help Clovis, and I am sorry for screwing up your afternoon... If you ever need anything, please let me know, thanks again..!

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    He is Boomer on the forum! and is also not welcome on any of my rides he was riding like a complete jackass from the get go!
    Sorry about that Grim... You have a great life too..!

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Well the pace was aggressive so thats why, I've rode with him other times and he keeps whatever pace is being set.

Thanks Damir..!
    I guess if someone has a problem with me it would be nice to hear about in person so that I can learn...

Quote Originally Posted by Drunktank View Post
    Kinda saw it coming when he decided to be billy bad ass and pass me on the outside of a turn while hanging completely off the side of his bike like a chimpanzee on a tire swing. Im pretty sure Mauser saw that one.

At that point I backed off and let him and the Chech guys go battle for position. Really weird riding form....kinda the same position Id be in on my dirtbike out in the desert taking a higher speed turn and throttling the piss out of it to break traction and let the rear swing around. (best I can describe it)

I just remember suddenly seeing a dirt cloud appear on the side of a hill about a turn and a half ahead of me. First big left hand uphill turn on the section of re-pave.... beautiful turn but not much bank to it. At least he walked away... well limped.... hes gonna be hurting bad for a long time.

Sorry for screw-up your ride Ryan..!

Yea but on the Mt. Evans ride on Sunday i said the pace was going to be slow due to being two up and he kept blasting past me on squaw pass. That right there was enough to irritate me and now hearing that he went down doesn't surprise me therefor in my eyes he is a liability issue and not safe therefore not welcome!
    Sorry Grim...
    I did not know there was a rule to passing the leader and even apologized to
    you, but apparently that is not enough... How do you expect people to learn
    if the rules are not state right up front...

Glad you're okay Doug. Hopefully the broken back doesn't require surgery to repair.

Well, they were. Ryan talked about it in the pre-ride briefing.

Sorry Grim...
    I did not know there was a rule to passing the leader and even apologized to
    you, but apparently that is not enough... How do you expect people to learn
    if the rules are not state right up front...

Im pretty sure at the beginning of the ride you said to give people room to breath because you dont know what there riding style is. Failure to follow directions and riding 120 with you balls out is what got Doug in the shit hes in!

Also to add to it i fucking told him on Sunday at the base of Mt. Evans YOU DONT PASS THE LEADER!!!
    Then at MOCO on Monday morning you told me that this was Drunktank's ride and that there would be no leader if you could hang with Ryan...

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    I'm sure Doug is quite sore right now. I hope he decided to go to the hospital.

From talking with him for a few hours while we waited for the truck I got the impression that he thought he was supposed to be competing for the leader position (like this was a friend race).

I didn't see much of his riding through out the day because I was riding at my own pace with my super friends (Damir, Darth and Geno). We were having a great time riding at 70% or less of our ability level.

Think of it this way.

Riding at 70% leaves you with a 30% margin for error.

Riding at 100% leaves you with a 0% margin for error.

You can only ride at 100% for so long before something gives. The rule that I use is "If I'm not having fun, I'm going too fast."

Doug was riding with a group of faster CSC riders and pushed himself all day to keep up, instead of falling back and riding his own ride. Funny, I seem to recall Ryan giving the "ride your own ride" speech at the very beginning. I guess not everyone was paying attention.
    Sorry for the trouble Justin, I really do appreciate the help...
    I will try to take to heart your instructions...

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    Is this the guy we had lunch with Sunday? If so, he seemed like a nice guy. If I recall correctly he said he was somewhat new to sportbikes. Sorry to hear that he went down and I hope he's alright. I'm sure he learned a lesson or 2. Remember kids, only you can ride your own pace. Seriously though I've never had anyone give me shit for riding slower then them, and if they do you probably shouldn't be riding with them anyway.

Take it easy out there folks, and live to ride another day.
    Thanks Joshau..!

Doug is a very nice guy I think he just got caught up in making sure he was at the front of the pack, I bet he learned a pretty valuble lesson. Remember nobody has anything to prove if you ride a little slower you will not be looked down upon, actually you will get a much better reputation and get much more respect from most of us on here if you stay within your limits.(and please sit down and really understand what your limits are)
    Thanks Clint..!
    I will take your advice to heart..!

Just glad you're alive man, shit happens. Hope you have a speedy recovery man.
    Thanks Damir,
    I am truly sorry riding over my head on Monday, I will learn...

Then at MOCO on Monday morning you told me that this was Drunktank's ride and that there would be no leader if you could hang with Ryan...
    I was gonna just ignore it but now your being ignorant.

I told you at straight to your fucking face on Sunday at the base of Mt. Evans after you kept passing me on squaw pass in turns passing cars "Your not supposed to pass the leader of the ride" Your lucky at best I didn't fucking punch you I was riding two up and every time you blasted past me my wife freaked out. I then told you again when we were at lunch about to leave "You don't pass the leader of the ride because you don't know when and where they are going to stop" At moco on Monday I said this is Drunktanks ride he Is leading I said you can pass me all you want and every time I saw you behind me I waved at you to pass me so you wouldn't repeat the same BS you did on squaw! Don't play choir boy bullshit like you didn't know drunktank said at the beginning ride your own ride and give everyone there space! You failed to do so you obviously felt like you had something you had to prove and look where it got you. It sucks that you crashed and got injured and I am glad your not dead man but don't come on here saying you didn't know the rules!

I told you at straight to your fucking face on Sunday at the base of Mt. Evans after you kept passing me on squaw pass in turns passing cars "Your not supposed to pass the leader of the ride" Your lucky at best I didn't fucking punch you I was riding two up and every time you blasted past me my wife freaked out. I then told you again when we were at lunch about to leave "You don't pass the leader of the ride because you don't know when and where they are going to stop" At moco on Monday I said this is Drunktanks ride he Is leading I said you can pass me all you want and every time I saw you behind me I waved at you to pass me so you wouldn't repeat the same BS you did on squaw! Don't play choir boy bullshit like you didn't know drunktank said at the beginning ride your own ride and give everyone there space! You failed to do so you obviously felt like you had something you had to prove and look where it got you. It sucks that you crashed and got injured and I am glad your not dead man but don't come on here saying you didn't know the rules!
    Obviously you don't like me Shawn and I'm not looking for your approval...
    I never passed you on Bear Creek Caynon, I did it on the 2 lane highway from Evergreen to Bergen Park, at Echo Lake you told me not to pass the leader and I obeyed... I sorry to have pissed you off so much, obviously there won't be any forgiveness from you... I truly hope you have a great life...

Try reading the post!

Alright lets settle down guys, what happened happened, no reason to cry over spilled milk. Let's not make this unnecesary drama here, we are a riding club after all. Mistakes happen, thats all. I'm sure Doug as many of us will learn from this and just move on from the episode.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

I wanna see some pics of the (supposed) split helmet. That had to be one HELL of a smack to split the damn thing.

**shiver**
    2016 Hyundai Veloster
    2007 SV650...NAKED!
    2007 MINI Cooper (sayonara, you piece of garbage)
    2002 Acura TL Type-S (Sold)
    2003 Triumph Speed Triple...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2000 Suzuki SV650...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)
    ~Kyle

Alright lets settle down guys, what happened happened, no reason to cry over spilled milk. Let's not make this unnecesary drama here, we are a riding club after all. Mistakes happen, thats all. I'm sure Doug as many of us will learn from this and just move on from the episode.
    Days Of Our CSC Lives returns next week with a brand new episode, "You rode who?"
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236