Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Noise Ordinance in Denver Passed

Re: Noise Ordinance in Denver Passed

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Get the same alarm as theirs, put it in a wooden box with a car battery, rig up a remote to it, put it in front of their door, hide in the bushes with the remote and turn it on. Turn it off when they open the door, then turn it back on when the go back inside. Lather, rinse, repeat.

No, I had a great idea that would piss them off. I was going to run a straight header with just a race baffle inside it and sit in the alley in the middle of the night(by their bedroom) and do burnouts. Cant do THAT now. Denver sucks! Now I have to return the baffle I just ordered a week ago. It hasnt even been delivered yet!!! I wish i had known about this ordinance before today. But glad I found out before this thing hit the road daily. Whenever i drive by the thing in my jeep, i rev the engine, or turn a certain song on and turn it way up so the subs vibrate it. Let the thing go off, then drive off. Otherwise, i never turn my system up loud enough to hear it outside the vehicle in residential areas, but it has great sound dampening inside.

If someone ever broke into the damn thing, theyd never know it the thing goes off so much.

If you are really interested in the technical specs of this whole thing...

http://www.municode.com/resources/ga...id=10257&sid=6

Chapter 36 Noise Control
    13 BMW F800GS, 01 Suzuki DRZ 400S
    "It's not about the destination. It's about the ride"
    www.colorado2wheels.com

Board Newbie

Ok so, I'm new to riding in Denver and am wondering if this noise ordinance is only in the Denver city limits or does it include surrounding metro area? Or have any ordinances added this since 2009 or the last posting? I am putting a voodoo GP style exhaust on that is 97db's...

There has been a colorado law banning louder than stock exhaust. It's rarely at best enforced though.
    RIP Sgt. Travis D. Pfister. 79-07 I miss you brother.

It's a federal law. If your exhaust doesn't have the marks on it as indicated in the Federal Law, you are subject to fines.

One site I was on (I'm on so many, it could have been this one) had riders in Federal parks pulled over and receiving $2,000 noise fines.

Certainly it doesn't happen everywhere and most people don't get dinged for it. But if you swap your exhaust, you are subject to fines.

And states and local city/county governments have ordinances that follow these laws. Denver is one of many including Boston, the one in Arizona or New Mexico, and even cities in Canada.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Thought this was covered in the last 5 pages from 2009?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

FYI your voodooo pipe will be louder than 97DB unless youre rocking it on a 250R

Arvada has the same law.

Denver has laid back on this, however if you draw attention to yourself then you will get pulled over. I have gotten warnings for this. these guys are too busy dealing with criminals.

All the Sportbike riders were blaming the Harley guys and all the Harley guys were blaming the Sportbikes. this law could have been beat if everyone would unite.

I would rather pay the fine, than get side swiped by the 16 Y.O. girl texting on her phone.

Be Safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernman View Post
    Denver has laid back on this ... these guys are too busy dealing with criminals.
    Except now we're in a recession... and they'll do anything to generate revenues.

Cops/meter maids downtown are out in full force these days - handing out tickets for anything and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    Except now we're in a recession...
    Recession has officially been over in economical terms for almost a year now. The recession is never over when it comes to ticket revenue, however.
    2011 BMW S1000RR
    Sitting peacefully in storage

2003 Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) trackbike (sold), 2004 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (sold), 2004 Yamaha YZF-R6 trackbike (sold), 2006 Yamaha YZF-R6s (sold), 1999 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja (sold), 1998 Honda CBR600F3(TOTALED) 1989 Kawasaki EX500 Ninja(TOTALED)

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Thought this was covered in the last 5 pages from 2009?
    It's been brought back from the dead....just for you.

Seriously tho, the sound issue (road and off-road) is not going away anytime soon.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by fiveninerzero View Post
    Recession has officially been over in economical terms for almost a year now.
    The economical terms presented on my paychecks beg to differ.

I was going to put down a winkface, but it's too depressing to laugh at. So you get a frowny guy instead...

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

I would rather pay the fine, than get side swiped by the 16 Y.O. girl texting on her phone.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Swift's Avatar

2003 BMW R1150R - For Sale - PM for details
    2007 BMW 328Xi Coupe - The Cage

Yea this totally blows. Hopefully since it's only denver there won't be too many of us that get hit with this but once they get alot of people ya know it's going to move on to another city like aurora.

Quote Originally Posted by Scatterbrain View Post
    Yea this totally blows. Hopefully since it's only denver there won't be too many of us that get hit with this but once they get alot of people ya know it's going to move on to another city like aurora.
    Yup.

It's "free" money for them--just like all the new red light cameras going up.

Economy's in the shitter, can't raise taxes, so raise fines/fees instead...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I thought hitler died in 1945 not still making laws in this country thank god all our troops are fighting and dying for our freedom and constitution what a waste f*ck the bullshit liberals and there nazi crap. I hope they dont hear me coming with my epa approved exhaust and i run over their useless bodies.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

Its better to have had a pipe and not needed it than to not have one and need it.

we all do it.

I don't condone the rev limitier at 13000 RPMs at 3 in the morning, but a little growl from the bike will wake up that unattentive driver trying to multitask in traffic.

Me wants an air horn !

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

I don't condone the rev limitier at 13000 RPMs at 3 in the morning, but a little growl from the bike will wake up that unattentive driver trying to multitask in traffic.
    It still doesn't help. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by koru View Post
    I thought hitler died in 1945 not still making laws in this country thank god all our troops are fighting and dying for our freedom and constitution what a waste f*ck the bullshit liberals and there nazi crap. I hope they dont hear me coming with my epa approved exhaust and i run over their useless bodies.
    10/10 would laugh at your superb logic again
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    10/10 would laugh at your superb logic again
    Sounds like liquor logic

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Sounds like liquor logic
    Clearly, the 4th Reich is present on the City Council of Denver, and found that noisy motorcycles stem directly from the Jewish population of Denver. Their first-strike was a noise ordnance. What's next, Bill O'Reilly for Mayor?
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

My current KTM950Adv is a lot louder than my prior 01 R6 and I have to say that traffic does notice me a lot more. It could help that the bike is also a bit larger in size. Does it stop the idiots from merging into my lane because they are to freaking lazy to turn their head, no. But every little bit helps.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

"Keep your head on a swivel" You cant rely on the noise your bike makes! /thread