Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Got a newer bike. what do you think?

Re: Got a newer bike. what do you think?

Your attitude is dangerous to yourself and others, I personally will never ride with you or the people who you ride with, so yes lucky you. I posted the most likely problem to the issue you are having with your bike. That will be the last bit of help you will ever see from me. My intention was not to troll your thread it was simply to state that if I post a ride which I hardly ever do, anyone that goes big or goes home is not welcome to ride with me or the people I ride with.
    I never ride with the thought of not being scared to crash, I ride with the thought that crashing is something I will avoid at all times.
    Good luck with staying alive. And when you get a clue about this shit, then at that time you may meet me and you will see the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesterbass21 View Post
    WTF is that supposed to mean? every CSC ride I have been on I have Responded. So if you dont wanna be around me YAY great news for me. Who the fuck pulled your string? If you wanna have an opinion on weather or not I post that I am gonna show up to a ride make your own damn thread. I respond so people can tell me they dont want me to come.

If you think my feelings are hurt you dont want to ride with me your sadly mistaken. most of the people I have rode with enjoy my company and ride with me regularly so you sir have no idea on what your missing out on.

oh man, I back you up and this is what comes next? Nevermind my previous statement. Common dude!
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Spooph=Troll

Also Jester, it's WHETHER...not weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Your attitude is dangerous to yourself and others, I personally will never ride with you or the people who you ride with, so yes lucky you. I posted the most likely problem to the issue you are having with your bike. That will be the last bit of help you will ever see from me. My intention was not to troll your thread it was simply to state that if I post a ride which I hardly ever do, anyone that goes big or goes home is not welcome to ride with me or the people I ride with.
    I never ride with the thought of not being scared to crash, I ride with the thought that crashing is something I will avoid at all times.

Good luck with staying alive. And when you get a clue about this shit, then at that time you may meet me and you will see the other side.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

Damn, there's a lot of hatin' in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Damn, there's a lot of hatin' in this thread.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    Sold
    Sold

I dont know you and you dont know me. Fine leave it at that. I thank you for your insight about my issue that was awesome of you and what I believe this forrum is for. but then you turn around and bash me. You make ist seem like I just show up to rides whenever I want without saying anything and ride dangerously to harm others. You have never riden with me you dont know. Spooph dude your cool and thanks for stickin up for me but cmon man. If someone was to tell you this crap because you can ride your 250 better thabn alot of people ride their 600's you would be pissed too. I ride with the people I ride with. I dont try to out ride them. I ussually stay toward the back of the group. I dont feel I am dangerous and I haven't had anyone tell me that I cant ride with them because I am. So excuse me for asking why you would just out of the blue start talking crap to me about me? thats B.S. man seriously. and now that my buddy spooph is pissed of at me because of this little bickering match it prooves my point that you turning around and talking shit about someone you don't know making them look bad effects their friendships and their ability to ride. Me saying "go big or go home" wasn't the first thing that got you started apparently. So I appologise to you for making you not want to ride with me by my words kinds sir and I thank you again for your insight on my issue. But please refrain from starting shit with me on a thread until you get to meet me or know me.

My intention was not to troll your thread it was simply to state that if I post a ride which I hardly ever do, anyone that goes big or goes home is not welcome to ride with me or the people I ride with.
    if this is what you meant than this is probably what you should have said. [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/sales/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
    I would not have taken offense to that as I did you saying

I personally don't care what you ride or what you wear when your riding, it's your business, not mine. But it would be the courteous thing to do if you could post your intentions to attend a ride so the people who want to watch the action can show up and those that want nothing to do with it will know to go the opposite way.

Take it for what its worth......dave isnt one of those thats acts nice in your face then walks away....and 10 seconds later tells everyone how mich of an idiot you are. He is also the most "under recognized" people on this board for helping others IMO.

Congrats again on your bike, there are just certain things people watch for.....especially things you may say that will presuade them to either ride with you or avoid you. Like bueller sort of mentioned, you will see what he is talking about at some point.

Its also the internet, just enjoy your ride that you earned....

I am sorry I may have taken it a bit far. Its just every thread I make someone has to pop in and belittle me and talk shit about me. maybe I set myself up for it whatever. its aggravating and it pisses me off.

I am sorry I may have taken it a bit far. Its just every thread I make someone has to pop in and belittle me and talk shit about me. maybe I set myself up for it whatever. its aggravating and it pisses me off.
    Go on rides, ride respectfully/respect others, and go from there. Go to bike nights/new member meetups. I've done that, and it seems to have worked for me.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    Sold
    Sold

dude ....just brush it off....

This will be my final comment. I am sorry you took my statement out of context, but I meant I do not care or more to specifically, I don't fault you for wanting a liter bike, nor does it bother me if you were to chose to ride in shorts and tennis shoes. These are choices you make and they do not affect me. People have a tendency to preach on these things, I do not. I myself am scared to death of 1K I-4 bikes, I do not need that kind of power, hell I am quite satisfied with a 250.
    I think you read too much into a sarcastic comment, I'll try not to get you excited in the future.

Peace

I think you guys need to hug it out!
    Work hard play harder!!!

Peace
    right on

Vellos thanks you for joining
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    Vellos thanks you for joining

Jester I've ridden with you and you are a good guy but the reason bueller said what he said is because People that sit there and talk a big game or say things like "go big or go home" and "my bike may be too powerfull for me" means they are cocky and more than likely will ride way over their head. Thusly making them a liability issue on any ride they go on with you, nobody wants to see someone else go down it isn't funny and it isn't something to be enjoyed. The last time someone said "go big or go home" on this forum was after they had crashed on highway 7 for going way over their head. I also happen to know that bueller rides with his wife every so often and I can honestly tell you when I ride with my wife in a group and someone says "I may be riding a bike that's too powerful for me but I like to go big" I will flat out tell them to stay the fuck away from me while riding! It's not a personal attack at you it's looking out for ones best interest.

This will be my final comment. I am sorry you took my statement out of context, but I meant I do not care or more to specifically, I don't fault you for wanting a liter bike, nor does it bother me if you were to chose to ride in shorts and tennis shoes. These are choices you make and they do not affect me. People have a tendency to preach on these things, I do not. I myself am scared to death of 1K I-4 bikes, I do not need that kind of power, hell I am quite satisfied with a 250.
    I think you read too much into a sarcastic comment, I'll try not to get you excited in the future.

Peace
    cool man well I really do hope to meet you sometime. I hear great things about you and your knowledge and thing I could learn from you as well as most of the people in this group.

Peace is a great way to close this

cool man well I really do hope to meet you sometime. I hear great things about you and your knowledge and thing I could learn from you as well as most of the people in this group.

Peace is a great way to close this
    and a hug....!
    Work hard play harder!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post

Jester I've ridden with you and you are a good guy but the reason bueller said what he said is because People that sit there and talk a big game or say things like "go big or go home" and "my bike may be too powerfull for me" means they are cocky and more than likely will ride way over their head. Thusly making them a liability issue on any ride they go on with you, nobody wants to see someone else go down it isn't funny and it isn't something to be enjoyed. The last time someone said "go big or go home" on this forum was after they had crashed on highway 7 for going way over their head. I also happen to know that bueller rides with his wife every so often and I can honestly tell you when I ride with my wife in a group and someone says "I may be riding a bike that's too powerful for me but I like to go big" I will flat out tell them to stay the fuck away from me while riding! It's not a personal attack at you it's looking out for ones best interest.

/\ this I understand /\

I too may not have chosen my words carefully enough. I dont think the bike is too big for me nor too powerful however I do think it will take a little getting used to. I respect the others I ride with and most times have a clear understanding of what to do and what not to do and stay in those guidelines. I love riding with others and in no way would I ever want to mess that up.

the new Carlos Mencia

Congratulations on the new bike. I started out with a R1 (first bike) and I didn't kill myself on it. All though I did crash into a guard rail in my 3rd month of riding.

While the bike was getting repaired for about 3 months I started riding my wife's FZ6 (a yamaha sport bike with a R6 engine). Once I got used to the bike I enjoyed riding it a lot more then the R1.

More comfortable, more agile and faster in the corners where it counts. If you have the self-control to run a litre bike then you'll be fine.

With that said if I could do it all over again, I would have just started with the FZ6 and skipped the R1.

Have you gotten your endorsement yet?