Page 24 of 78 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526273474 ... LastLast

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Yeah I've tried a few and Jack3d is still my fav. Feel like I get the best pump off it. Just pushed it a little too hard doin incline curls. Didn't let off either, just kept goin and it didn't like that.

I am at Five Guys. Haven't had it in over a year and couldn't resist. This will probably erase the next 3 workouts I will be doing.

I'm eating 2 cans of tuna and some brown rice. I hate you.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

I had a tuna sammich on rye, some Famous Dave's pickle slices, and a diet mtn. dew.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    I am at Five Guys.

Ham and cheese wrap on a whole grain tortilla with two cuties (oranges) and bottle of water. It was good, but I'm counting the seconds till my 3:00 snack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post

Ham and cheese wrap on a whole grain tortilla with two cuties (oranges) and bottle of water. It was good, but I'm counting the seconds till my 3:00 snack.
    You put your tortilla in two cuties?! Nice!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I just ate three sandwiches with cream cheese and chips! Gaining period is great!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

i had 2 pieces of pizza, a bowl of stuffing, a 24oz green tea (the healthy), some bbq chips, a plate of spaghetti, a piece of pecan pie and a slice of apple pie.... results???? yup still 155.....damn

Quote Originally Posted by mastap07 View Post
    i had 2 pieces of pizza, a bowl of stuffing, a 24oz green tea (the healthy), some bbq chips, a plate of spaghetti, a piece of pecan pie and a slice of apple pie.... results???? yup still 155.....damn
    Let me know when you want to put your faith in me and show you how to gain! I started at maybe 125 and got to about 155 and didn't beleive I could gain more, but a personal trainer proved me wrong...it is all a science man!

Still in the last week of Insanity. Only three more workouts and then the fit test.

Just finished my last time with the Max Interval Circuit (60 min, the longest workout) and rocked the shit out of it. Sure I got tried at some points, put I kept the pace the entire time. I did much better than the people on the video. It felt really good! And also, it really feels like I'm accomplishing this program. Going into the series I questioned whether I would really see solid results, but I have. Again, I haven't seen the weight loss results (due to my own fault) but you definitely get gratification every week from your performance. It seems like that is one of the things that really helps me keep going.

Hopefully Texas de Brazil tonight won't ruin all of my hard work.

So I've been off the preggo pee for about 2 weeks now and I'm still losing weight. Not at the rate I was, of course, but it's still slowly coming off, and same with Kristin. I'm down 21lbs now, eating normal, and fitting in a little exercise when I can. I've noticed that I'm able to stop eating when I start to feel full, and I'm ok with it. I used to go for 2nds, even if I was about to burst. We went out to eat a couple times this weekend, and I couldn't finish my plate, which is weird for me. I think it's a good thing for me, since that was one of my biggest issues.

Another thing that I think is helping, is that I'm not taking in sugar. I'll throw some Truvia (natural stuff) in my coffee, but other than that, I'm trying not to have any REAL sugar. I've been drinking Diet Mtn. Dew if I have the urge for a soda (the only diet drink I can tolerate). There's a candy jar in the front of the office, and I tend to go the long way to the bathroom so I don't see the Almond Joys and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
    Last edited by Mother Goose; Wed Nov 30th, 2011 at 08:37 AM.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Welp in the last 3 weeks i managed to put on 5 lbs so im at a solid 165lbs non of its fat so that's good. I was taking gun powder for a little bit but had to stop, when you go 26 years without drinking caffeine or coffee or even in-taking sugar, taking stuff like that was starting to screw around with my heart rate. I have now diverted to eating two Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for my 7:30am breakfast (awesome by the way) two packets of oatmeal for my 10 am breakfast and for lunch i have three bread rolls, usually a pasta for my carbs, a mixed nut trail mix bar for my protein, no less than 80z of water. At 2:30 i have some cheese and more water and by 4:00 when its time to go to the gym im pumped up with natural energy and ready to hit the weights. Did this process Monday as well as Tuesday and have been extremely happy with the results. After getting off the Gun Powder i was feeling kind of sluggish without the caffeine boost.

Oh and I met Willi B from KBPI on Monday apparently he works out at one of the 24 hours i do. Hes a nice guy, not as big as he used to be, and one ugly sonova bitch!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    So I've been off the preggo pee for about 2 weeks now and I'm still losing weight. Not at the rate I was, of course, but it's still slowly coming off, and same with Kristin. I'm down 21lbs now, eating normal, and fitting in a little exercise when I can. I've noticed that I'm able to stop eating when I start to feel full, and I'm ok with it. I used to go for 2nds, even if I was about to burst. We went out to eat a couple times this weekend, and I couldn't finish my plate, which is weird for me. I think it's a good thing for me, since that was one of my biggest issues.
    Awesome! Keep it up, Wicky!

Do you have a new plan? Are you just going to try and stick with what your doing now, and see how it works out? Are you going to try anything else? P90X 1/1/12?

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Welp in the last 3 weeks i managed to put on 5 lbs so im at a solid 165lbs non of its fat so that's good.
    You're trying to gain weight? All of you "weight-gainers" need to start your own damn thread. This thread is for fat people trying to get skinny!

j/k Glad you are reaching your goals. What are you shooting for?

Another thing that I think is helping, is that I'm not taking in sugar. I'll throw some Truvia (natural stuff) in my coffee, but other than that, I'm trying not to have any REAL sugar. I've been drinking Diet Mtn. Dew if I have the urge for a soda (the only diet drink I can tolerate). There's a candy jar in the front of the office, and I tend to go the long way to the bathroom so I don't see the Almond Joys and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
    Nice! Simple changes to your diet, like switching to diet sodas and portion control, can make a huge difference! Good job man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Let me know when you want to put your faith in me and show you how to gain! I started at maybe 125 and got to about 155 and didn't beleive I could gain more, but a personal trainer proved me wrong...it is all a science man!
    i think this would be something i would be interested in! hook it up!

Do you have a new plan? Are you just going to try and stick with what your doing now, and see how it works out? Are you going to try anything else? P90X 1/1/12?

You're trying to gain weight? All of you "weight-gainers" need to start your own damn thread. This thread is for fat people trying to get skinny!

j/k Glad you are reaching your goals. What are you shooting for?
    The main goal is 180 lbs and i will be satisfied. Two years ago i was 120 lbs so i am happy with my progress.

I'm going to be doing some P90X and some Insanity. Not really going to stick with a program, since I can't seem to keep it up day after day. A friend of mine that I grew up with in California is moving up here next month, so we'll be playing basketball once a week or so. So just trying to keep it up, plus some workouts here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Nice! Simple changes to your diet, like switching to diet sodas and portion control, can make a huge difference! Good job man!!!
    Thanks buddy. I wanted to be like you.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Vurry nice Wick. I'll be home Dec 16th through the 26th...I'll buy you a Michelob Ultra

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Vurry nice Wick. I'll be home Dec 16th through the 26th...I'll buy you a Michelob Ultra
    I don't need to throw up to lose weight.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Quote Originally Posted by mastap07 View Post
    i think this would be something i would be interested in! hook it up!
    To sum it up you basically have to not be afraid to get a little "chunky" first. Basically you need to eat at the least 5,000 calories a day, no cardio, and lift big! When I say lift big I mean concentrate on every lift being maybe 6 reps at the most, but the most weight you can handle. Legs are very important and you will want to work them more often then you probably do now; basically your upper body will not grow if your legs cannot support it. Squats and lunges are the main key and lifting to your max all the time on them. This causes the muscles that get big to be worked all the time since they usually only kick in when someone is struggling (they call them the "mafia" muscles because they only work when really needed). I would recommend working one body part a day so you are able to go the next day without rest and work on an entire other body part while the sore ones you just used have proper healing time. You must eat basically from the time you wake up to the time you go to bed; Protein is the key here, so you should be drinking at least 5 protein shakes a day (two scoops each) in intervals through the day along with your normal meals. The added calories mixed in with lifting "big" will cause the body to grow. You may get a bit chubby with all these calories, but you can lean that out after you get to your target weight. This is what has worked for me and I use to be super skinny until a personal trainer made me do this. I got up to 195lbs, then leaned it out to about 180 and most the muscle stayed as the fat went away.

I am no personal trainer and really the best thing is to get a good one that knows about "bulking", but this is what mine did for me.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Nov 30th, 2011 at 11:45 AM.

Thanks Nate!

Easy way to hit 4-5k calories is to break it up into 5 or 6 small meals. I usually do 12-14 oz chicken breast, 1 cup of brown rice and 1 cup of either raw spinach leaves or raw green beans. I would also suggest switching the meats up to either fish or beef also. I know I get tired of chicken and it gets hard to stomach when you eat the same thing over and over. If you are still not meeting your calorie intake for the day, just add a protein shake with two or three of your meals. When working out, just like bulldog said, stick to heavy sets. If you can do more than 6 reps each set, you are not going heavy enough. Make sure you hit your mass builders such as squat, deadlifts, bench press, bicep curls. Also, T-bar rows are a good mass builder for back that people sometimes overlook. Have fun gaining weight and good luck....

DONE!!!

Finished Insanity this morning. I should have been done yesterday, but we were so hungover on Saturday that we had to push it back 24 hours. Maybe not the best thing, but oh well. And today was only the fit test, so it wasn't even a real workout. But doing the fit test at the very end gives a really good idea of the progress we've made. And looking at the numbers, I'm really happy with all of the progress.

Below are my starting and finishing numbers. If you want to look up the exercise (or ask and I'll explain) to see what they are. Basically it's how many reps you can do in 60 sec. Some of them, there's only so many you can do. I was kind of surprised that my number of suicide jumps didn't increase more. Oh well, it improved, and that's the most important thing.

Exercise: 1st fit test- last fit test
    Switch Kicks: 25-67
    Power Jacks: 50-64
    Power Knees: 75-115
    Power Jumps: 38-60
    Globe Jumps: 9-14
    Suicide Jump: 17-20
    Push-up Jack: 24-45
    Low Plank Oblique: 24-50

The thing that I feel good about, is that I did it. Some days were really hard- mentally and/or physically- but I did it. And while 60 days isn't really that long, it still takes a level of dedication. So thanks for letting me post whore my reviews for the past 60 days, it's been nice to bs and get some feedback (even if it was just Nate!). Still thinking about P90X on Jan. 1 but I'm not sure if I'll do 90 days of reviewing that one!
    Last edited by Sean; Mon Dec 5th, 2011 at 07:32 AM.

^^ Are those workouts consecutive or just at a time?