Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    When I was thinking about doing it, I talked to Brad about it and the first thing he said was to read the protocol and decide for myself. Which is what he and I have been saying the whole time you guys have been putting it down. Just doesn't seem like anyone cares enough, or wants to get off their high horse to read it and be a little educated about the subject before you go on a rant about it. But hopefully you actually read it, and it sheds some light on the subject for you.
    Wicky, I do not get why you say I have not tried to educate myself on HCG. It was new to me when you stated you started it and I did do a lot of reading on the subject. I did not read the “protocol” because to me anyone promoting their “diet” will give biased information, so instead I went to the normal fitness resources I use. Even way back when this came out I put up post # 422 and that is what lead me to believe that it is similar to steroids because it triggers the release of hormones. Post #422 states:

Anabolic steroid adjunct
    In the world of performance-enhancing drugs, hCG is increasingly used in combination with various anabolic androgenic steroid (AAS) cycles. As a result, hCG is included in some sports' illegal drug lists.
    When exogenous AAS are put into the male body, natural negative-feedback loops cause the body to shut down its own production of testosterone via shutdown of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis (HPGA). This causes testicular atrophy, among other things. hCG is commonly used during and after steroid cycles to maintain and restore testicular size as well as normal testosterone production.[25]
    High levels of AASs, that mimic the body's natural testosterone, trigger the hypothalamus to shut down its production of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) from the hypothalamus. Without GnRH, the pituitary gland stops releasing luteinizing hormone (LH). LH normally travels from the pituitary via the blood stream to the testes, where it triggers the production and release of testosterone. Without LH, the testes shut down their production of testosterone.[26] In males, hCG helps restore and maintain testosterone production in the testes by mimicking LH and triggering the production and release of testosterone.
    If hCG is used for too long and in too high a dose, the resulting rise in natural testosterone will eventually inhibit its own production via negative feedback on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland.
    Professional athletes who have been caught using hCG have been temporarily banned from their sport, including a 50-game ban from MLB for Manny Ramirez in 2009[27] and a 4-game ban from the NFL for Brian Cushing for a positive urine test for hCG.[28]

This statement right here in particular “If hCG is used for too long and in too high a dose, the resulting rise in natural testosterone will eventually inhibit its own production via negative feedback on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland.”. That is exactly what happens if you use steroids too long; your body stops producing it because it is getting it from an outside source. In reality you are messing with the bodies natural hormone
    balance and to me that can lead to issues.

To each their own though and it is your body and we all have the right to do what we want to it. Personally I would love to take steriods or pro-hormones, but I know they have a risk to my body, so I choose to stay away from them and do it the hard way.
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Dec 13th, 2011 at 09:40 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!