Page 35 of 78 FirstFirst ... 253233343536373845 ... LastLast

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Well i didn't make a new years resolution as i think they are dumb, however i did change up my workout routine.

I switched over to isolating certain muscles i workout that day much like Nate said he does a few pages back and well holy shit!!! Did biceps on Tuesday for an hour, then did Pecs yesterday for an hour and i am freaking sore!!!

Today is triceps hopefully i dont have a repeat of last night. My biceps were sore as hell and towards the end of my workout i couldn't push through the remaining reps of my straight chest press my arms just didn't want to push anymore, the workout felt great but man i had to work extra hard to keep my endurance up.
    Nice, glad it is working out for you man. I changed doing workouts like these a few years back when I started training with a friend that does competitions. He was all into "tearing that muscle group to it max" then letting it rest while you hit the next group. Guy was freaking strong and in great shape so decided to try it. I've done that since then; changing it up still, but always focusing on one or two major muscle groups a day. The key here is to try to rotate the days where you give that sore muscle group time to rest while still being able to hit the next group set. Today will be back muscles for me; well I will hit all parts of it from lower back to lats to traps. Then end it with a sort elliptical run (high resistance and incline; this helps keeps muscle instead of losing it from fast paced/low resistance cardio)
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Nice, glad it is working out for you man. I changed doing workouts like these a few years back when I started training with a friend that does competitions. He was all into "tearing that muscle group to it max" then letting it rest while you hit the next group. Guy was freaking strong and in great shape so decided to try it. I've done that since then; changing it up still, but always focusing on one or two major muscle groups a day. The key here is to try to rotate the days where you give that sore muscle group time to rest while still being able to hit the next group set. Today will be back muscles for me; well I will hit all parts of it from lower back to lats to traps. Then end it with a sort elliptical run (high resistance and incline; this helps keeps muscle instead of losing it from fast paced/low resistance cardio)
    Yea with today being triceps the Biceps and Pecs should be untouched the only muscle's that will work in conjunction is my stomach, forearms, and a little bit of shoulders but not much. All in all though yea i can definitely feel it i am sore as hell today and i love it!!!!!

I'm in. Since the riding season ended 2 months ago I've put on 20 pounds.

Back in 2008 I lost 50 pounds in 3 months just through diet (South Beach - I ate a lot of eggs and bacon). I'll add in some excercise this time around. I'm 6'2 and I'd like to get down to 200lbs (my weight until age 22 or so).

257... GO!
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Well won't be on the forum tomorrow so had to throw this it there, today was triceps That was rough but felt amazing 1 hour of nothing but triceps was pretty intense. When inwas done I could barely take my wife beater off to change and while inwas eating dinner my triceps kept twitching. Tomorrow is abs!

Day 1 is in the books.

Skipped lunch because I wasn't hungry. South Beach dinner (Broiled salmon, green beens and corn).

Did some push ups and situps.

16 push ups, situps are easy. Impressive, I know.

I decided well, I need to run, might as well start tonight (10:30pm).

To get a base line I decided to see how fast I could walk, so I loaded up my handy Motion X GPS tracker (iPhone app) and went off into the cold, cruel night, party rocking across a field with a random sidewalk through it.

I thought the sidewalk was a large circle, turns out it randomly ends and then starts again. After a mile and a half I got lost and had to use my GPS to find my way back to the car. Covered 2 miles averaging 2.9mph walking.

So with a baseline established I decided to run. It actually wasn't as bad as I expected, considering the last time I remember running I was in high school.

For about the first minute I felt really good. I envisioned myself as the terminator, effortlessly pursuing. My phone chiming in words of encouragement.

"1 minute completed, speed 7.4 miles per hour, .1 miles covered."

FUCK YEAH I said to myself. Proving that an endurance motorcycle run is not the same as a run run, my speed began dropping.

"2 minutes covered, speed 5.3 miles per hour, .2 miles covered."

Ahh, shit, I need a Kleenex, my nose is running.

By minute three I decided I would "jog for a minute, run for a minute" all though this quickly degraded into "jog for 15 seconds, walk for 3 minutes".

I stumbled across a large deer along the way who surely thought I was coming to have my way with him. A 6'2, 257lb man with a bouncing flash light coming straight at him, I would have ran too.

Damn mother nature, I'm scary!

After a half mile of this self inflicted torture I decided to call it good for the night.

Hopefully I can do this again tomorrow (I stretched before I left which is usually the key to avoiding pain the next day).

Edit: Just weighed myself. Down to 254. Already down 3 pounds! (I drop 10 pounds within 2-3 days every time I start South Beach, my wife hates it).
    Last edited by Clovis; Fri Jan 6th, 2012 at 12:24 AM.

Nice blow by blow there Clovis. My bicycle ride to work was not as eventful. I did stop by Stevinson to drool on some new Tacoma's. I clocked eight miles, and I should get extra points for riding a bike with a knee that doesn't want to bend.
    Last edited by FZRguy; Fri Jan 6th, 2012 at 02:48 AM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Nice Clovis. That deer had no idea what it was in for.

Check out the Nike GPS app. It will track your distance, pace, etc and keep a history so you can see your progress over time. I think it was like $2 too.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Knowing you clovis you would have hugged the deer and invited it to a nice candlelit dinner.

Day 2 is in the books. No deer sightings tonight.

Down another pound from yesterday.

I ate turkey bacon and scrambled eggs, the south beach diet of champions.

2 more push ups and 2 more situps bringing the count to 18 and 27 respectively.

Tonight's run was significantly colder at 26 degrees ambient. I warmed up by walking for a mile before taking on what I like to think of as a jog but to anyone else probably looks like a big guy falling forward, somehow not tripping.

This time I was able to run for a FULL QUARTER MILE before I had to take a breather. Averaged 6.6 miles per hour. Then I did another quarter mile of running for a minute and stumbling for a minute. I haven't yet go to point where my lungs are burning but I'm sure that's coming. Just tired thighs and ass muscles.

I can't help but to think how much easier this would be if I weighed 50 pounds less. Running is one of those times where I wish I was built like a Vellos gazelle.

I don't think I ate enough today (just 1 meal of 3 eggs and 3 strips of turkey bacon). I'm not exactly hungry but I do feel shaky.
    Last edited by Clovis; Fri Jan 6th, 2012 at 08:32 PM.

It's been pretty cold here, so I've been doing a couple Insanity workouts. It's amazing how fast you loose the level of fitness! I did some of the workouts from month one (so it was easier) and I was able to get through it...but I was not having much fun! It just tells me that I need to keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    I don't think I ate enough today (just 1 meal of 3 eggs and 3 strips of turkey bacon). I'm not exactly hungry but I do feel shaky.
    Please be careful. Either do the starvation type diet OR a workout type fitness, not both. Exercising while being significantly under fueled can lead to very bad things.

Let's see where am I....still 5 days a week; 1 1/2 sessions. Since it is winter I am still gaining a bit; well not watching the diet and cardio as much. Up another 5 pounds and strength at a high point. Been concentrating on using free weights towards the end of my lifts. Chest is still my focus to lift more weight; dumbells helping a lot. Still amazed at the difference between barbell and machines. Yesterday could max out the chest machine at 310; five times. Yet can only do about 225 barbell chest press :/ May have something to do with hurting my rotator cuffs years ago....or maybe just the way it is since barbell uses those small stabability muscles.

Pre-Workout: C4 - I like it and very similar to effects of Jack3d. I will most likely use this to cycle between so my tolerance to 1.3 comes back.

Heard that C4 is potent! Might have to try it out.

Nate- I'm almost done with my bottle of powerfull. Supposedly your body produces th most GH when you're in a deep sleep, and that's what this stuff does. Just makes you sleep a lot better. I like it so far. Crazy dreams and I feel well rested. Hard to say if I've noticed any results, but the sleep makes it worthwhile for me.

Anyone want to buy a full-minus-2-servings thing of jack3d? It's really not for me. Lemon-lime flavor. BB.com has them on sale for $30 right now.

I'll let it go for $25.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Anyone want to buy a full-minus-2-servings thing of jack3d? It's really not for me. Lemon-lime flavor. BB.com has them on sale for $30 right now.

I'll let it go for $25.
    Whatsa matter? Can't handle the POWAH!! Prices must have gone up the stuff. I remember paying $25 plus tax for my last container.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Heard that C4 is potent! Might have to try it out.

Nate- I'm almost done with my bottle of powerfull. Supposedly your body produces th most GH when you're in a deep sleep, and that's what this stuff does. Just makes you sleep a lot better. I like it so far. Crazy dreams and I feel well rested. Hard to say if I've noticed any results, but the sleep makes it worthwhile for me.
    Yeah C4 works pretty well for me, but these pre-workouts are weird and affect people different. The only thing I do not like about it is it is high in Niacin which has been known to overheat the body a bit. Since I feel I already have issues with sweating/overheating too much I have to be careful with this. Hard to tell though since way more people have been in the gym lately, which raises the temp in there anyways. Plus warn winter weather. I’d recommend C4 though!

Do you have any trouble waking up though on Powerful? I could use better sleep! I get a lot of it, but still feel like I wake up tired most mornings when the alarm goes off. Doesn’t help I am always sore on some muscle.

Whatsa matter? Can't handle the POWAH!! Prices must have gone up the stuff. I remember paying $25 plus tax for my last container.
    lol TOO MUCH POWA

I don't really need an extra energy boost in the gym and this shit just makes me super itchy and upsets my stomach too much to do cardio at the end of my workout.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Yeah C4 works pretty well for me, but these pre-workouts are weird and affect people different. The only thing I do not like about it is it is high in Niacin which has been known to overheat the body a bit. Since I feel I already have issues with sweating/overheating too much I have to be careful with this. Hard to tell though since way more people have been in the gym lately, which raises the temp in there anyways. Plus warn winter weather. I’d recommend C4 though!

Do you have any trouble waking up though on Powerful? I could use better sleep! I get a lot of it, but still feel like I wake up tired most mornings when the alarm goes off. Doesn’t help I am always sore on some muscle.
    No troubles waking up here. I get a solid 8 now though, so I'm sure that helps. You can't take in more that 5g carbs an hour before you take the stuff...not quite sure why that is. I know carbs make you restless at night, but 5g? One complaint, I sleep so heavily that I will roll onto my sides. My shoulders are so messed up it hurts like a mofo to sleep on my sides. Next day I'm sore. I need to start strapping myself down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    lol TOO MUCH POWA

I don't really need an extra energy boost in the gym and this shit just makes me super itchy and upsets my stomach too much to do cardio at the end of my workout.
    Wuss!!! JK..like I said before pre-workouts tend to affect people different. I can take Jack3d on a empty stomach and not get an upset stomach. Never got itchy from it either. if you do need some energy boost at some time maybe check out C4. Could be the 1.3 (Geranium Stem) that affects you.

This reminds me, I may have a Supplement to sell too

Cyclo Bolan NT (NATURAL Testosterone Booster)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/il...-bolan-nt.html

Bought two bottle of this since it has been one of the highest rated NATURAL tests boosters on the market and received high reviews and high gains. NATURAL meaning this is NOT a pro-hormone! For some reason I my body does not like something in this and made me fell weird; although I gave a sample to one of my workout friends and he did not get and negative reactions, so must just be me.

Goes for $44 (plus $6 shipping) for 120 pills. If anyone interested I would do $45 for both bottles; 237 pills (OBO); one bottle is sealed and other has 3 pills taken out. Check out the reviews on BB.com like I posted. People are getting great results from this....sad it won't agree with me.
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Jan 9th, 2012 at 09:33 AM.

How many you take a day?

How many you take a day?
    Directions For Cyclo Bolan NT: Take one (1) capsule three (3) times per day. If you miss one dose you may take two capsules at one time, if you miss two doses do not take more than two capsules at one time.

I've heard of some people only taking one a day, but even at 3 a day max the 120 in a bottle is good for more than a month supply.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

I've been using C4 pre-workout for a few weeks now, it seems to work pretty good. I've also noticed its effectiveness will depend on how hydrated you are, and how much energy you take in. It does seem to favor burning simple carbs over more complex energy stores (at least in me), and I haven't noticed a fourth testicle growing in yet from it.

Some people feel all tingly from it more than others, I do on occasion but mostly just feel amped up and have a lot more energy to power through workouts without feeling like I need to stop. This has resulted in increases in weight resistance faster than I think I would have come to otherwise, along with a corresponding increase in energy needs (and appetite) since my muscles are getting taxed more. I've made the mistake of using this stuff without my body being adequately fueled before the workout a couple times, and that was bad.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Ralph gettin all jacked up?

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

On Mountain Dew.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson