Thread: Ticket on I-25 HOV - Advise please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Re: Ticket on I-25 HOV - Advise please

I will be fighting a ticket for an illegal pass next thursday I was pulled over and ticketed for this pass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzriPeRSVMM

Was i Speeding? maybe but i am not presenting a video i am presenting 5 second increment pictures. the pass was legal, the sheriff never even saw me make the pass, and i gave a friendly wave to the sheriff that gave me the ticket. WTF?????

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    I will be fighting a ticket for an illegal pass next thursday I was pulled over and ticketed for this pass

Was i Speeding? maybe but i am not presenting a video i am presenting 5 second increment pictures. the pass was legal, the sheriff never even saw me make the pass, and i gave a friendly wave to the sheriff that gave me the ticket. WTF?????
    Seemed legal to me...although maybe speeding. Be careful I once tried to fight something like this and they just changed the ticket to "careless driving". Seems that is what they can use for just about anything.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Seemed legal to me...although maybe speeding. Be careful I once tried to fight something like this and they just changed the ticket to "careless driving". Seems that is what they can use for just about anything.
    Nothing reckless about the pass, there were absolutely no cars, no rain or ice, passed only one car, and in the images do not show how fast i was going.

Nothing reckless about the pass, there were absolutely no cars, no rain or ice, passed only one car, and in the images do not show how fast i was going.
    Ummm...not always the way cops see it or a judge. I got the careless and cop never saw me just heard me and said "sounded like you were speeding". I challenged it and got careless driving. I wish you luck brother and hope it works out, I just never have too much faith inthe system. Should help you have these pics. Such BS as I can see there was no way the cop could have saw you make that pass!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

It looked like a reasonable pass to me. One thing that may help for a visual presentation would be a time/date stamp in the image if you can do that. Good luck with it.
    1996 BMW R1100GS
    2002 Ducati Monster 750i.e.

How the heck did you get a ticket for this?

Obviously you proved the cop was lying, was he reprimanded in any way for inventing a ticket?

Wondering if I need to go get a gopro just to protect myself from dishonest cops like this.