Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Colorado CCW vs. Colorado University

Re: Colorado CCW vs. Colorado University

Quote Originally Posted by laspariahs View Post
    "In 2009, for example, there were six confirmed mass shootings (defined as three or more deaths) by concealed carry permit holders, including the Fort Hood shooting by Nidal Malik Hasan and the killing of three policemen by Neo-Nazi Richard Poplawski in Pittsburgh."
    So if someone is going to CCW and shoot more than three people they need more training before they do it?

Im just confused where the extra training comes into play. You think maybe the six confirmed mass shootings would NOT have happened if they had taken a longer class?

Weird. Either way man I would bet that one day there will be no permit needed to carry a gun to protect yourself.

So you think it's totally ok for someone who is obviously mentally unfit to carry a gun gets a CCW and then murders someone?
    Um... So they murdered someone because they had a CCW. Feeew! For a minute there you made it sound like the mental unfitness made them do it

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    So if someone is going to CCW and shoot more than three people they need more training before they do it?

Im just confused where the extra training comes into play. You think maybe the six confirmed mass shootings would NOT have happened if they had taken a longer class?

Weird. Either way man I would bet that one day there will be no permit needed to carry a gun to protect yourself.
    I think, that some of the crimes such as this one:
    Sarasota, FL ٠ 02/04/08. Paul Kallenbach, 40, shot a fellow customer after a dispute in a
    convenience store. Kallenbach pulled one gun during an argument, which the victim successfully
    wrestled away. Kallenbach then drew two other weapons he had been carrying on his person and
    repeatedly fired at the victim, killing him. He then exited the store and fired into the parking lot.
    The previous June, Kallenbach had been required to submit to a psychiatric evaluation after
    police found him with three handguns strapped to his waist, three more firearms, and 651 rounds
    of ammunition in his vehicle. Kallenbach claimed that the weapons “helped him feel safe.” A
    review of Kallenbach’s reported concealed carry license was apparently pending at the time of
    his mental evaluation, but police were not permitted to revoke his license.
    Which I know I keep harping on, wouldn't have been committed had he not been able to legally carry 3 guns on him, 3 more in the car and 651 more rounds. Since I'm willing to make the process free I don't see the argument against it. It'll create more revenue for gun instructors, and giving the cops the ability to revoke a CCW I think it just common sense, and I'm not even a fan of the police.

Um... So they murdered someone because they had a CCW. Feeew! For a minute there you made it sound like the mental unfitness made them do it
    No they murdered someone because they were crazy, and had a CCW.

No they murdered someone because they were crazy, and had a CCW.
    Oh... That makes sense. So they would not have murdered anyone if they didnt have a CCW?

Oh... That makes sense. So they would not have murdered anyone if they didnt have a CCW?
    For one he wouldn't have been able to legally carry 6 weapons. Perhaps a cop would have put him in jail after his CCW was revoked for carrying 6 weapons.

Why can't the police revoke a CCW after mental evaluation? Do you think that's ok?

Outstanding, very concise video on why the 2nd amendment exists and why gun rights must exist.

Please please please everyone on both sides of the debate watch this video:

What We Believe, Part 5: Gun Rights
    2006 Lexus GX470
    2010 Ducati Streetfighter
    2007 Ducati M695
    1994 Yamaha TZ250 (track smoker)

And revoking his permit would've prevented him from choosing to become a murderer?
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Gold Member

Since you think it's ok to kill someone who pushes you, I mean attacks you, no it's not enough.

You guys have argued me back to thinking it's useless.
    look bro its your choice to carry or not. simple. its up to others make the same choice. thats why this country is great. we have a choice. i one time seen a friend of mine that has a ccw pull with me around. it was a bad choice and we had some words about it. a lot of words. lol. look man i understand what you are saying but the ones you really need to worry about are the ones that do as they wish. very few people are going to pay the money and take the time to carry a gun just to do crimes. most ccws respect the fact they have to be more careful then most. you can get in trouble real fast with a ccw and that is what the class teaches you.

as far as you wanting to weed out more of the morons. i understand that and i respect that. the problem with that is where would the line be drawn? why would you be denied? im not a big fan with regulating our rights. we have already seen our government time and time again take away our rights.

fact is a nut is a nut. if a person is going to go on a killing rampage no matter what laws are out there they will do it. look at all those high schools and middle schools. those kids are not even old enough to buy or posses a gun. still people got killed.

i would feel a little better if we took some of these gun laws away. like the old man denver that shot the illegal stealing his shit. he was arrested. thats garbage. in nevada where i grew up the states make my day law didnt just mean your home it was your property. texas is the same way. i think those are better then the laws that say yeah you can watch your shit get taken but if you life is not in danger then you cant use force. its garbage. we have to many laws that protect the criminals. that is what needs to be fixed.

Says or at the very least strongly alludes to the fact that the police wanted to revoke his CCW but couldn't. Shouldn't the police have that power?
    They have that power in Colorado. A police officer may pull your permit for cause at any time. An issuing Sheriff can revoke a permit for any of several reasons.
    Last edited by TFOGGuys; Tue Mar 6th, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Listen laspariahs. Some would argue that requiring a CCW is against the Constitution. I think everyone has a choice and to be honest with you I respect yours but hate that you care what anyone else is doing. Dig deep and find out how many lives have been saved because someone had a CCW and used their gun to avoid innocent deaths. When you are done come back on here and continue chasing tail in the revolving door of "to carry or not".

Chances are that when I need it, it will be to protect someone else. Knowing that makes it worth it to me.

And the chicks dig it and it makes my dick look bigger.

If those two reasons are not enough alone I dont know what is

Gold Member

yeah i really dont feel you should have to have a permit to carry under your shirt. its our right to carry not the governments to make rules on how to.

Listen laspariahs. Some would argue that requiring a CCW is against the Constitution. I think everyone has a choice and to be honest with you I respect yours but hate that you care what anyone else is doing. Dig deep and find out how many lives have been saved because someone had a CCW and used their gun to avoid innocent deaths. When you are done come back on here and continue chasing tail in the revolving door of "to carry or not".

Chances are that when I need it, it will be to protect someone else. Knowing that makes it worth it to me.
    I find that interesting because in this thread I've been called crazy because I live in boulder, which is just a choice, one propagated by what I do, but none the less a choice, yet that was left alone. However if I judge someone because they carry a weapon with them 24/7 I'm wrong.

Gold Member

ok we are just going round and round. time for a little thread jacking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxTNqYAWISs

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Did someone say thread jacking?

Gold Member

yup. because this thread is about as much fun as this.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR-Eozbzf0U

Gold Member

This is how #1townie drives his tow truck!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKNzE...e_gdata_player

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    This is how #1townie drives his tow truck!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKNzE...e_gdata_player
    holly shit man i dont think i have ever laughed that hard.

at least im still better then this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZY22CWGDV0

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    holly shit man i dont think i have ever laughed that hard.

at least im still better then this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZY22CWGDV0
    you'll watch that at least 5 more times to tonight.

Gold Member

i like to use this one as a how not to do a roll over.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyVhlCftamc

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    you'll watch that at least 5 more times to tonight.
    dude its going on face book right now.