Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Raise your hand if you would have gotten in on this...

Re: Raise your hand if you would have gotten in on this...

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Again, look up the actual definition. Not racism. I believe people can be whatever they want to be, and have the drive to achieve. Therefore, by definition, not racist.
    Bigotry of the most disgusting order.
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Love you too bro! But seriously, as I've stated a zillion times, I hate ALL illegals, regardles of where they come from. It just so happens, by simple geographical location, that the vast majority of them are from mexico. I mean, seriously, if we bordered china, and you couldn't make yourself understood anywhere because nobody spoke English, and there were all the other socio-economic and crime issues, that you woudn't be pissed. I have empathy for people who DESERVE it, not criminals. As I have said repeatedly, come here legally from whatever country, with the intent to become a law-abiding citizen, give THIS country your loyalty, and I'll welcome you with open arms. There are people I know who came from poverty and did it the right way. 3/4 of my grandparents for instance. If they'd have been here illegally, they'd have been send right back like all the WOP's who came over illegally and got caught, and I support that even though that's my ancestry. Why is it the people of Mexican descent (not all hispanics) always want to excuse criminal actions simply because they belong to the same race? I know some people from S. American coutries who hate the illegals far more than me, because they always are mistaken for them, and they came over the right way. Illegal is illegal, period. Justice should not discriminate for any race any more than discriminate against them.
    The issue I have is you ALWAYS seem to consider Mexicans as being illegal! We have no idea if these Mexicans in this game were illegals or if their Mexican ancestors have been in Texas for years. I too do not like illegals (I do understand why they would want to try to come to this country to better themselves, because becoming a citizen is not as easy as walking in a signing up for it), but I have honestly known more Mexicans that were NOT illegal than were; and this is even growing up in New Mexico (closer to the border). They paid their taxes and worked hard like everyone else and are proud to be Americans! I just wish you would stop assuming that the majority of Mexicans are illegal....
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Again, look up the actual definition. Not racism. I believe people can be whatever they want to be, and have the drive to achieve. Therefore, by definition, not racist.

yes i hear where you are coming from. but over the yrs it has morph into what most of the population comphrehends it to be. A dislike of one's being.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    The issue I have is you ALWAYS seem to consider Mexicans as being illegal! We have no idea if these Mexicans in this game were illegals or if their Mexican ancestors have been in Texas for years. I too do not like illegals (I do understand why they would want to try to come to this country to better themselves, because becoming a citizen is not as easy as walking in a signing up for it), but I have honestly known more Mexicans that were NOT illegal than were; and this is even growing up in New Mexico (closer to the border). They paid their taxes and worked hard like everyone else and are proud to be Americans! I just wish you would stop assuming that the majority of Mexicans are illegal....
    All of the Americans of Mexican descent I know are perfectly legal.....and not a SINGLE one of them would be ooffended by chants of "USA". Only people who have more loyalty to mexico than the UA would be offended. THAT, in a nutshell, is my issue. My grandparents (sadly deceased) from Italy and Sweden certainly would not be offended by chants of "USA". Why? Because they came here to be AMERICANS, loyal ONLY to the US.

And, I also do not believe in "anchor babies" becoming citizens. I believe we need to close that loophole and require BOTH parents to be here in this country legally to guarantee the right for the parents to APPLY (if they're not actual citizens) for citizenship for their child.

I just want the immigration laws and penalties to apply EQUALLY to all people, no special exceptions for mexicans simply because they're next door or because people here are the same race. THAT, is racism.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    yes i hear where you are coming from. but over the yrs it has morph into what most of the population comphrehends it to be. A dislike of one's being.
    It may have "morphed" in the libs minds, but it's still incorrect.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

All of the Americans of Mexican descent I know are perfectly legal.....and not a SINGLE one of them would be ooffended by chants of "USA". Only people who have more loyalty to mexico than the UA would be offended. THAT, in a nutshell, is my issue. My grandparents (sadly deceased) from Italy and Sweden certainly would not be offended by chants of "USA". Why? Because they came here to be AMERICANS, loyal ONLY to the US.

And, I also do not believe in "anchor babies" becoming citizens. I believe we need to close that loophole and require BOTH parents to be here in this country legally to guarantee the right for the parents to APPLY (if they're not actual citizens) for citizenship for their child.

I just want the immigration laws and penalties to apply EQUALLY to all people, no special exceptions for mexicans simply because they're next door or because people here are the same race. THAT, is racism.

Honestly, did you even read the article? You are so stuck on your view that you are missing the big picture about this article...hopeless!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Its not that we assume anything. Its the fact that everyone has turned into a bunch of crying little bitches! Omg he wore a red white and blue t shirt on cinco demayo. Get the fuck out of here. Omg they chanted usa!!!! What a bunch of racist white people!!!! Get the fuck over yourselves. Why in the hell would you even come close to lettng something like this bother you? Do you really think us white folk get better treatment because we are white? Do you think we get special benefits because we get sun burnt easy?

Wait let me check our being white hand book.......

Ok here is what you get when you are white. You are racist. You owe all other people because you are white. If you didnt vote for obama you are racist. Our cracker asses need to be killed for what happened a 100 years ago.

You know what jews have by far goten theworst deal out of everyone. For thousands of years!!!!! I dont see them burning american flags. I dont see them leading mass protests with signs wantung to hurt other people just because they feel they are being treated different.

I noticed no ine wanted to comment on me pointing out that everyone faces this shit every day. Its time we get over ourselves.

I agree the kids did it to get a reaction out of the other kids. Why did it work? If they are americans then they shouldnt single themselves out. I can go to youtube and find tons of videos of Latinos and Hispanics going off about how mexico this and mexico that. It fucking makes me sick.

Fact is this isnt mexico. This isnt germany. This is AMERICA. you want to be proud? Be proud of the life you have here. How hard is that? How hard is it to show love for the country that you live in?

You know why our government has goten so far out of control? Because we the people are to busy arguing about our skin color. Arguing about abortion and birth control. Arguing about religion. Our country is fucked because we divided ourselves.

Face it the world sucks. People suck. At some point we all face racial inequality. White brown black yellow green gay straight bi. Doesnt matter. We have to stand as one to fix this mess that is america.

As far as im concerned uf you dont consider yourself american then you can go back to whatever fucking country you are from. White black or anything else. Mexico or germany. Get out.

If you you love this country then some idiot chanting usa shouldnt bother you.

Bothered, upset.....hahahaha...nope, just something to discuss while stuck at work. I actually slept well last night and never thought of this thread once

Just more amused that a few people did not get the true understanding of this artice...... Barn explained it perfectly in post #47, so no need to go over it again
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Mar 9th, 2012 at 08:28 AM.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    The chanting of USA by some of the crowd supporting the predominately "white" crowd isn't so much overtly racist, as it is insensitve and ignorant. It sucks that I have to spell this out to you, but quite simply those people in the crowd were essentially attempting to (wrongly) "claim" the notion of being American and superior in the victory that their team was enjoying over the team predominately comprised of minorities.

I mean come'on Clownie... It's not like this was the World Cup, with America playing Brazil, these were two US highschools! So sure... In a vacuum, is chanting USA, racist? No. But when you're using it pejoratively to diminish another group (who quite clearly are equally citizens of the community), is it honorable and patriotic?

I know sometimes you have blinders on when you discuss and argue here, but honestly I gave you more credit than this. There are others reading this thread, that I wouldn't waste the time on, responding like I am.

More than anything though, I think this is a lesson in the occasional ignorance of youth, and how unfortunately it can manifest itself. But it's especially bothersome when combined with the fact that they live in a part of the country where affluence and societal differences, obviously have a bit more tension to them. Either way, we have a long way to go, educating the youth of this country, but again... I have to go back to the coach who put a halt to it all. It's my silver lining. Not any filed grievances, or school board meetings.
    this is what you are talking about bulldog? i dont have any blinders on. im i have flat out stated i understand the kids did this to get a reaction out of the others. see both my last two posts on this.

again let me ask why things have goten to a point that a simple chant of usa has goten to be able to be used as a racial thing? why?? its because of the us against them thing. and its funny its the white guy that is seeing the error in this. you know they guy that is born racist?

i dont have blinders on for anything. im not the one ignoring the simple the simple fact of either you are american or yern to be in another place. how many german flags do i own?? none. why?? im not german.

its sad the point that im trying to make here is being over looked. im saying we all need tough skin. does it bother me when i get called whitey? cracker? white trash? fuck yeah it does. does it make me hate? nope. does it make me out raged and want to go fight? nope. why? because people are ignorant. its up to us as a human to just let some things be.

let me ask you guys this. do you think these kids chanting usa would have done it if they knew it wouldnt have goten a response? nope. they did just for a laugh. is it cruel? fuck yeah. are kids cruel? do i really have to ask that? the more reaction kids get to something the more they do it.

how should the kids reacted to this?? they should have started chanting it too. that would have really been funny. talk about owning. or how about this. show more pride for the country you are in then from the country you come from.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

I like pie.

And sopapillas.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Gold Member

warm apple pie?

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    its sad the point that im trying to make here is being over looked. im saying we all need tough skin. does it bother me when i get called whitey? cracker? white trash? fuck yeah it does. does it make me hate? nope. does it make me out raged and want to go fight? nope. why? because people are ignorant. its up to us as a human to just let some things be.
    I guess it is what it is, but I totally disagree with you that it's the "best" or the "preferred" or even that it's an "acceptable" conscious decision to just toughen-up, or get thicker skin, when faced with unkind or unprovoked personal assault. Yeah, this stupid chant isn't the end of the world, but the fact that the ONLY conclusion you can draw from this, is that thicker-skin is needed, only shines a spotlight on your naivety.

Listen... I have the thickest skin that I know of, and there isn't much in the way of words that people can say to me, that I'm not capable of "letting slide", but what you don't seem to understand here, is that just because people like you and me are capable of this, it doesn't lessen the reprehensibleness, of the people who have put us in that position.

It's like you saying "My armor is so strong, and so impenetrable, and so sturdy that any attacks sent my way, are acceptable because of the defenses I've built up."

What some of us are saying in counter-point is "Yes, I have suitable protection from that which can attack me, but that there is also VALUE in the notion, that maybe I don't have to be attacked."

You say you don't have blinders on, but it's your singleness of thought that shines so obvious to me here.

I don't know if you have kids, but I do. And yes... I teach them how to defend themselves, and yes... I give them mechanisms to help them feel mentally strong and confident. You could say that I'm cultivating the "thick skin" that you espouse. But you know what else I try to instill and establish in their personalities..?

TO NOT BE A GODDAMN BULLY.
    TO NOT EXPLOIT THE WEAKNESSES OF OTHERS TO MAKE THEMSELVES FEEL STRONG.
    TO SEEK OUT KINDNESS IN THEMSELVES, NOT MALICIOUSNESS.

So yeah... although they're not adults just yet, I suspect they'll be just fine in the "thick skin" department, but I'm equally as confident that they won't give-in to the idiocy of finding pleasure or joy from cruelty.

Your inability to see the full scope of situations like this, and to only defend the "harden the fuck up" partyline, is depressing. People are so much more capable than this, and it doesn't even seem to register for you.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Fri Mar 9th, 2012 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Spelling and clarity of thought...
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    I guess it is what it is, but I totally disagree with you that it's the "best" or the "preferred" or even that it's an "acceptable" conscious decision to just toughen-up, or get thicker skin, when faced with unkind or unprovoked personal assault. Yeah, this stupid chant isn't the end of the world, but the fact that the ONLY conclusion you can draw from this, is that thicker-skin is needed, only shines a spotlight on your naivety.

Listen... I have the thickest skin that I know of, and there isn't much in the way of words that people can say to me, that I'm not capable of "letting slide", but what you don't seem to understand here, is that just because people like you and me are capable of this, it doesn't lessen the reprehensibleness, of the people who have put us in that position.

It's like you saying "My armor is so strong, and so impenetrable, and so sturdy that any attacks sent my way, are acceptable because of the defenses I've built up."

What some of us are saying in counter-point is "Yes, I have suitable protection from that which can attack me, but that there is also VALUE in the notion, that maybe I don't have to be attacked."

You say you don't have blinders on, but it's your singleness of thought that shines so obvious to me here.

I don't know if you have kids, but I do. And yes... I teach them how to defend themselves, and yes... I give them mechanisms to help them feel mentally strong and confident. You could say that I'm cultivating the "thick skin" that you espouse. But you know what else I try to instill and establish in their personalities..?

TO NOT BE A GODDAMN BULLY.
    TO NOT EXPLOIT THE WEAKNESSES OF OTHERS TO MAKE THEMSELVES FEEL STRONG.
    TO SEEK OUT KINDNESS IN THEMSELVES, NOT MALICIOUSNESS.

So yeah... although they're not adults just yet, I suspect they'll be just fine in the "thick skin" department, but I'm equally as confident that they won't give-in to the idiocy of finding pleasure or joy from cruelty.

Your inability to see the full scope of situations like this, and to only defend the "harden the fuck up" partyline, is depressing. People are so much more capable than this, and it doesn't even seem to register for you.
    to what end bro?? the loss of freedom of speach? i am seeing the bigger picture. do you really think things dont bother me? i get highly offended by the you wouldnt understand youre white argument. what dont i understand with this? kids are mean. there is nothing that can be done about that. its not up to you or i to fix this and yet it is up to people as a whole to rise above it.

does it suck? fuck yeah it sucks. what would you do to end this? take away our freedom of speach? how about those god hates fags guys? start with them and racist remarks? and then what point do we draw a line? im not willing to let go of any of my rights just to keep people from getting their FEELINGS hurt.

come on man time for YOU to see the bigger picture. the only way we can end shit like this is to make it so that the people using it fail. the only way racism works is if people respond to it.

i mean have you ever taken the time to take a step back and maybe put yourself into others shoes? you do relize that the moment i try to even come close to saying im proud to be white i become racist? black power. brown pride. white pride/power?? do a image search for white pride. see what you get. have any idea how fun it is to watch all these people bash you for being white and cant say shit about it?

white pride..
    https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1T...IsahtwfQpoyFDA
    second image in there is a white guy with a shaved head getting kicked by a black guy.

brown pride
    https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1T...EouftwfZhcWFDA

black pride

how about education? ever hear of the grant for trailer trash?

shit goes round and round. do you know how many times ive been asked if i was skin head just because i shave my head? ignorance comes in all shapes and colors. im not saying its ok im just saying stop crying about it. (not saying you are crying) just saying everyone in a whole. white brown black pink purple green. see you want to stand on the other side of the line. im asking for people to come to the middle.

I actually think Barn is doing a better part to fix this than most people...how you ask. By raising his kids the right way!!! Good parenting goes a long way!!!!!

Barn, raising kids, and good parenting. Words I never thought I'd hear at the same time.

Nah, I'm not surprised. Barn was always good with my kids.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Its not that we assume anything. Its the fact that everyone has turned into a bunch of crying little bitches! Omg he wore a red white and blue t shirt on cinco demayo. Get the fuck out of here. Omg they chanted usa!!!! What a bunch of racist white people!!!! Get the fuck over yourselves. Why in the hell would you even come close to lettng something like this bother you? Do you really think us white folk get better treatment because we are white? Do you think we get special benefits because we get sun burnt easy?

Wait let me check our being white hand book.......

Ok here is what you get when you are white. You are racist. You owe all other people because you are white. If you didnt vote for obama you are racist. Our cracker asses need to be killed for what happened a 100 years ago.

You know what jews have by far goten theworst deal out of everyone. For thousands of years!!!!! I dont see them burning american flags. I dont see them leading mass protests with signs wantung to hurt other people just because they feel they are being treated different.

I noticed no ine wanted to comment on me pointing out that everyone faces this shit every day. Its time we get over ourselves.

I agree the kids did it to get a reaction out of the other kids. Why did it work? If they are americans then they shouldnt single themselves out. I can go to youtube and find tons of videos of Latinos and Hispanics going off about how mexico this and mexico that. It fucking makes me sick.

Fact is this isnt mexico. This isnt germany. This is AMERICA. you want to be proud? Be proud of the life you have here. How hard is that? How hard is it to show love for the country that you live in?

You know why our government has goten so far out of control? Because we the people are to busy arguing about our skin color. Arguing about abortion and birth control. Arguing about religion. Our country is fucked because we divided ourselves.

Face it the world sucks. People suck. At some point we all face racial inequality. White brown black yellow green gay straight bi. Doesnt matter. We have to stand as one to fix this mess that is america.

As far as im concerned uf you dont consider yourself american then you can go back to whatever fucking country you are from. White black or anything else. Mexico or germany. Get out.

If you you love this country then some idiot chanting usa shouldnt bother you.
    Wow....I agree with you.....how bizarre is that?

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

And sopapillas.

best damn sopallias.....where the hell is that place.....rest of the mexican food is awful.....awh...yea....Casa bonita...