Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cage vs Bike

Re: Cage vs Bike

Fuck that bitch, hope she got seriously injured in her Latina temper tantrum, lol. And the Facebook posts pretty much sum up the mentality, it's quite fashionable to hate Americans around the worl. Just pure jealousy.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

so no one wonders what happened leading up to the video? I suppose the camera guy might just run around with his camera phone shooting video ALL the time. Or maybe there was more that happened which we haven't seen that caused the guy to whip out his camera. Someone did something and the guy said to himself, "oh, this is gonna get good."

Everyone these days wants to pass judgement and convict based on a 30 second video clip.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by mxer View Post
    This just happened in Boulder with a bicyclist. Guess what...the bicyclist got arrested.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...22/detail.html
    Heck - I just watched it happen to a biker in Lone Tree last Friday. Only instead of getting in a fight, he went to the hospital unconscious and she drove away. Road rage vs bikers sure as heck isn't a problem isolated to Brazil. We have plenty of it here.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Comparing a kick to a car to someone trying to kill you is a bit extreme! This woman could seriously have killed this guy, not to mention the other car she hit and hope she was charged with it.

To be fair, fine he could be charged with vandalism , but the crime warrants the punishment and hers was 10x worse!
    I don't think it's about comparing reactions, rather thinking about action and reaction. When I'm riding I avoid being in situations that could get me killed like passing semi as quick as is safe etc, I'm def not going to kick someone's car for that same reason... Who knows what could happen? That was needlessly putting himself in danger. Definitely not saying running him over was justified, but he put himself into the situation instead of getting out it to protect himself.

Okay, I've settled down since my last comment.

Truth is, I've learned to let a lot of things go on the road. If someone cuts me off or is acting like an asshat, I try to put more separation between me and them. Simple.

In the vid, it looks like there was an incident before the vid starts, the biker caught up, had words, and then kicked the car. The driver may not have known she did something prior. All she knew was some guy was attacking her car. Her reaction was extreme but it's hard to say.
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    I don't think it's about comparing reactions, rather thinking about action and reaction. When I'm riding I avoid being in situations that could get me killed like passing semi as quick as is safe etc, I'm def not going to kick someone's car for that same reason... Who knows what could happen? That was needlessly putting himself in danger. Definitely not saying running him over was justified, but he put himself into the situation instead of getting out it to protect himself.

violence begets violence perhaps if he would has just cursed in his helmet rather than kicked her car nothing would have happened.

Regardless put yourself in the situation I know that if i got in a pinch like that i would be pretty angry, if she had done what she did because i called her a bitch, guarantee my helmet would be meeting her face with brute Irish force!

This is just the what if game though and i could play it all day.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    so no one wonders what happened leading up to the video? I suppose the camera guy might just run around with his camera phone shooting video ALL the time. Or maybe there was more that happened which we haven't seen that caused the guy to whip out his camera. Someone did something and the guy said to himself, "oh, this is gonna get good."

Everyone these days wants to pass judgement and convict based on a 30 second video clip.
    This. I was just about to post something to this effect before I came across your post. The video opens with her swerving into his path, and there is possibly some contact there. She tried to cut him off, maybe touched his bike, he braked abruptly to avoid eating it, then kicks her vehicle, and she, likely already in "I'm gonna mess this guy up" mode, already has the wheel turned to the left and her foot on the gas. The rest is pretty evident, but after looking at it several times I would say she definitely made the first aggressive move. If nothing else, she pushed, he pushed back, she tried to run him over.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

J-lo got bent. Jackass kick her Fiat

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    but after looking at it several times I would say she definitely made the first aggressive move - caught on video
    fixed it for ya
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE