Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weekend Getaways?

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Re: Weekend Getaways?

Depending on when your anniversary is, you could check out the Wildflower Festival in Crested Butte from July 9 - 15.

Also, there's lots of different types of lodging in Crested Butte including the Elk Mountain Lodge.

For romantic dining, check out this website featuring 4 romantic Crested Butte restaurants.

Crested Butte has an historic district with various kinds of shopping.

Not to mention the hiking and mountain biking and other kinds of activities you could do, as well as drive over Kebler Pass, which is absolutely gorgeous. If you go from Crested Butte west over the pass, you end up close to Marble, Paonia and Redstone.

Either way, have fun and enjoy your time together.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Good Ole Casa Bonita, I took some of my out of state family their a couple of months ago and like everyone else stated it has not changed.
    I didn't think the food was that bad, but you go for the cliff divers and shows. Unfortunately my 5 year thought CB was the "best restaurant ever"....he had a great time and that was all that really mattered to me.
    2011 Ducati 848 Evo "Bautista"
    2002 Honda RC-51 "Big Boi"

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

frisco/breck is always nice

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    soft swing. you can stay with significant other or go explore. condoms not allowed.
    Is that from a movie?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    Depending on when your anniversary is, you could check out the Wildflower Festival in Crested Butte from July 9 - 15.

Also, there's lots of different types of lodging in Crested Butte including the Elk Mountain Lodge.

For romantic dining, check out this website featuring 4 romantic Crested Butte restaurants.

Crested Butte has an historic district with various kinds of shopping.

Not to mention the hiking and mountain biking and other kinds of activities you could do, as well as drive over Kebler Pass, which is absolutely gorgeous. If you go from Crested Butte west over the pass, you end up close to Marble, Paonia and Redstone.

Either way, have fun and enjoy your time together.
    Great info, thanks! She's really been wanting to go to Crested Butte. Not sure if I can hack a 5hr. drive (iirc) for a 2-day trip though...
    _________
    09 zx6r
    Nate

Love this place... Fits all your criteria.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Colorado.html
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingtut View Post
    Great info, thanks! She's really been wanting to go to Crested Butte. Not sure if I can hack a 5hr. drive (iirc) for a 2-day trip though...

Well, you could also try the north side of I-70. A little closer than Steamboat is Grand Lake and there's great little shops along the boardwalk, as well as your choice of lodges, cabins, hotel/motels, etc. Oh and it's close to RMNP as well.

There's also Winter Park for something even closer.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Grand Lake. You have hot springs nearbye and tons of hiking options. Plus a sunset up on trail ridge road. Rustic with accommodations
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Love this place... Fits all your criteria.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Colorado.html
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    Well, you could also try the north side of I-70. A little closer than Steamboat is Grand Lake and there's great little shops along the boardwalk, as well as your choice of lodges, cabins, hotel/motels, etc. Oh and it's close to RMNP as well.

There's also Winter Park for something even closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by kawasakirob View Post
    Grand Lake. You have hot springs nearbye and tons of hiking options. Plus a sunset up on trail ridge road. Rustic with accommodations
    More great info, thanks guys! I've never stayed in Georgetown- something to think about for sure. Grand Lake is awesome. Been there once or twice (for business), but have never checked out the town/lodging, etc.

I ran an errand last night and by the time I came back, she made reservations in Aspen- ha ha. We usually stay at the Aspen Square Condos, but I guess she's trying a different place. I'll report on our findings.

I definitely plan on using this thread as a resource for future trips. Thanks to everyone for the great ideas
    _________
    09 zx6r
    Nate

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

For anyone who has not been to the Broadmoore it is an awesome get away, beautiful views all the way around, its nice and quite, they have an amazing pool as well as a lake where you can rent paddle boats. I highly recommend it, my family used to go there every year for mothers day.