Thread: "I am The LAW."

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: "I am The LAW."

Right? Why do none of these characters age? Instead of havin the original they just redo everything. Harrison Ford was in the last Indiana and while I thought the story was kinda crappy, he continued to do a really good job.
    Now I'm gonna tell you about an accident and I don't want to hear "Act of God".

Re: "I am The LAW."

Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
    I saw you put Mad max and just felt a sense of dread. They are just gonna fuck it up like everything else. There will be no "Gaaasolean", no toecutter or Humongus. Talks about another Beetle-juice and Ghostbusters as well. The only remake I have ever seen that I thought was really good was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake in 2003, and it still didn't live up to the original.
    Yep, Mad Max Fury Road is supposedly filming now. It'll suck. Tom Hardy (Bane) is MM.

The next Blade Runner is also rumored to be "in the pipeline" and given the over-hype and under-delivery of Prometheus, that'll suck as well.

Rebooting everything rarely makes for a better movie than the original...

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    I'm not into the remakes. Sly was pretty good in Judge Dredd...maybe they should of got him for the role. No one said Judge Dredd can not age, so you know maybe a new one where the old left off 20 years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
    Right? Why do none of these characters age? Instead of havin the original they just redo everything. Harrison Ford was in the last Indiana and while I thought the story was kinda crappy, he continued to do a really good job.
    Sly's done The Expendables I & II, so he's still alive enough to have done Dredd 2012. I agree, it would have been cooler to see the changes on Mega City One after 20yrs.

Besides, this reboot seems to have even less plot and story arc than the 1995--it's just climbing a building with combat every floor...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson