02 VTX 1800R (gone)
    02 Shawdow 750 (gone)
    05 ST 1300
    02 WR 426
    95 KX 250
    03 Zuma
    06 PW 50 (Hunters first bike)

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar
    FYI, we are working on discounted lodging for R2SL participants as we speak! We'll get an announcement out as soon as possible on this. The local community (motorcycling and otherwise) is pretty excited about what we're doing, so expect great things to happen. I've been known to talk a little bit of smack about Utah from time to time, but I have to say they are really stepping up for Racing 2 Save Lives!!

Major props to the USBA as well (Utah's equivalent of a mix between CSC and the MRA), as they're handling a lot of volunteer efforts and local coordination for us.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Re: Racing 2 Save Lives

Nice names and all Barn but we are traveling to Utah.

So I think we should go with:

Three Wifes Racing
    Has Anyone Seen a Liquor Store Racing
    Whats with the Big Church Racing
    Hey Didn't U Guys Host the Olympics Racing

This one is for Gene and has nothing to do with Utah.

Bush Trimmers Racing

Lurch
    MRA #retired

Big Organ Racing?

No? - Just trying it on.

Update on the things I said I'd check on:

Camping in the pits is fine, and there are power hookups for your RV's and other things. There is a very small chance that we'll have to move the RV's across the street, but like I said - it should be fine.

Dogs in the pits are fine, as long as they're well behaved and leashed. Same with kids. (J/k, kids are ok but please keep an eye on them!)

The day garages (identical to what PPIR had) should be available. Of course these have power in them. We'll rent these out for an additional donation just like we did at PPIR, though we won't accept reservations until the day of the event (so, first come first served -- though a teammate will be able to snag a stall for your whole group).

There are 26 acres of paved paddock space at this facility, and it's all wired for power! If you just want to pit out of your trailer, that is perfectly fine and this place is designed to make your life easy when doing so.

I have a detailed facility map of this place, and you are going to be blown away when you see MMP for yourself! This place is a state of the art, GP-level facility, and you get to be a rider in the first-ever event there! Go sign up now!

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Thanks for the updates and the bump Ralph. I'll have a team name picked out by next week sometime, for everybody still interested in being onboard.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Well, sounds like a blast, but I got no leathers........
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

What size are you?
    I got a set of Joe Rocket 2 piece size 48 (I think)
    used to someone out last year @ PPIR.
    dja
    MRA #918, now it's 821!

Click here for top notch suspension work-> http://www.fixmybike.com

Um, dunno. Never been fitted. I'm 6'1", 220, and pretty wide across the chest. I'd have to see. Thanks for the offer Dan. I was wondering if you could rent them at the event? Does anyone know?
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Hello Brandon,

Thank you for signing up to ride in Racing 2 Save Lives! This email confirms you are signed up to participate.

The time slots you are registered for are:

Friday April 14th: 12pm-3pm, 3pm-6pm
    Saturday April 15th: 9am-12pm, 12pm-3pm

TEAM NAME:
    "First Of The Late Brakers"

~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY";p="255771
    Um, dunno. Never been fitted. I'm 6'1", 220, and pretty wide across the chest. I'd have to see. Thanks for the offer Dan. I was wondering if you could rent them at the event? Does anyone know?
    We are trying to set up some sort of gear rental, but haven't been able to yet. So, no guarantees on that one...

Board Newbie

So the guys that went last year, was it pretty caotic racing or very well set up? I know they have seperate sessions for racers and non, but I would probably not exactly push it to the limit since I just got a new ZX-6r. So would I be in the way of others or pose a risk for them or me. Just some background on what the pace is like would be helpful. ANd if anyone has a suit I could use, for a session or two would be great, or are will probably have to buy one.

Also would anyone be willing to hook me up with a ride there, being I could pay my own way and help out with costs?

Drew,

Initially we had racers and street bikes together last year; that was bad. After splitting it, things got a lot better. Just ride your own pace! You'd be amazed how many riders will be just like you, and not flying through corners. We WILL have FREE beginner track instruction available (also available for people who have been on a track, but want that basic instruction because they're uncomfortable just going out on their own), and the entire event is structured such that everyone has a great time.

By splitting the sessions last year we were able to abate most of the "hey I can do that too" crashing that was happening the first morning; this year, we're taking that a big step forward by also teaching people what to do in a no-pressure environment. Our new-rider classes are even going to be taught on a separate track at Miller, so you can focus on learning. If you need help on the track, just ask us! We'll gladly put you in one of our "Learn the Basics" classes, so that when you go out on the big track you're more comfortable and confident.

Every event we do, we learn more and make the next one better; we learned a ton at PPIR, and have put all of that knowledge and energy into making this next event a once-in-a-lifetime event for all participants. I've been in constant communication with our staff and volunteers, rider coaches, and the folks at Miller, and can tell you that we are committed to doing it right.

We won't do advanced instruction for free, though we will be offering group and one-on-one advanced instruction with our celebrity pro riders for an additional donation. That means you can get taught how to really fly out there by guys like E-Boz, Freddie Spencer, the Hayden brothers, and a lot more!

For anybody who is not able to actually participate in R2SL, I'd like to graciously ask that you pledge to the event, and consider doing it on my behalf.

Internet Pledge Form

That link is to my personal page of course, but even if you'd rather not pledge towards my efforts, I encourage you to support another racer/rider, or just donate to the general fund.

~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Hey Barn, I've got a name for your "race" team:

Team Shrek......

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian